Options

Chris Evans controversy: Blown out of proportion

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    You're the one with the obsession... at replying in an unfriendly way to anyone who dares to say anything about Chris Evans... and I see you replied in another Evans' topic (partly in SHOUTY CAPS too) to someone who dared to say that Evans was shouty.... and yes, there may well be books by Wogan, Steve Wright et al, but this is a topic about Chris Evans (not Wogan or Wrighty) and I was merely letting his fans know there are some bargain books on ebay! My eyesight is good thanks! ;)

No. I reply constructively to constructive comments. You were merely goading as you have been for much of this thread.
  • Options
    slimjimslimjim Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now there's a DJ whos sell by date is long gone

Yes, I really liked Steve Wright on R1, and his Saturday morning R2 show wasn't bad. But he seems to have lost interest now. Same old show, year after year. I think he's just phoning it in and taking the cash while he can.
  • Options
    Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    now there's a DJ whos sell by date is long gone

There are worse presenters on Radio 2!
  • Options
    jake19801957jake19801957 Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as the ratings been out . just wondering how hows hes doing
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a good cartoon that someone has done of Chris Evans! :cool:

http://www.madgesvadge.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ChrisEvans.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Here's a good cartoon that someone has done of Chris Evans! :cool:

http://www.madgesvadge.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ChrisEvans.jpg

And how many hours of your life have you wasted trawling the web for that gem......

You respond with surprise when people rise to the bait and vent some frustration your direction - yet do nothing to show your actually contributing to any debate or discussion.

You can find unfounded "news" stories, forum posts and now cartoons - all on one subject...........

Is Mr Robinson neglecting you in some way? :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alex_fife wrote: »
    And how many hours of your life have you wasted trawling the web for that gem......

You respond with surprise when people rise to the bait and vent some frustration your direction - yet do nothing to show your actually contributing to any debate or discussion.

You can find unfounded "news" stories, forum posts and now cartoons - all on one subject...........

Is Mr Robinson neglecting you in some way?
    :cry:

I spent no time at all because a guy I work with had it emailed to him so I thought I'd share it with the likes of you!!!!:rolleyes:

Mr Robinson doesn't neglect me at all... in fact he rather spoils me and has just treated me to a nice new sporty car!!! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I spent no time at all because a guy I work with had it emailed to him so I thought I'd share it with the likes of you!!!!:rolleyes:

Mr Robinson doesn't neglect me at all... in fact he rather spoils me and has just treated me to a nice new sporty car!!! ;)

Well take it out for a spin - or perhaps sit in it, and test the quality of the radio tuner.

I've heard new sporty cars can pick up numerous radio stations and arent all locked onto Radio 2........

just a suggestion :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,903
    Forum Member

Your latest attempt to bump the thread is your weakest yet in my view, some quotes from the forum rules:

"This is a forum for the discussion of radio-related topics - technologies, stations and programming.

Share your well-reasoned opinions and cogent arguments on these topic.

Please ensure your reply is constructive and adds to the discussion."

A cartoon doesn't qualify as a discussion point.

You never engage in debate or answer direct questions.

You're now not even posting press stories or the most unpleasant quotes you can find from messageboards or your "friends" about Chris or anyone who happens to have a different view than you do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeBr wrote: »
    Your latest attempt to bump the thread is your weakest yet in my view, some quotes from the forum rules:
    "This is a forum for the discussion of radio-related topics - technologies, stations and programming.

Share your well-reasoned opinions and cogent arguments on these topic.

Please ensure your reply is constructive and adds to the discussion."

A cartoon doesn't qualify as a discussion point.

You never engage in debate or answer direct questions.

You're now not even posting press stories or the most unpleasant quotes you can find from messageboards or your "friends" about Chris or anyone who happens to have a different view than you do.

Excuse me but I did not bump the thread and neither am I remotely interested in bumping the thread. If you care to look, you'll see that a message was posted by jake19801957 not long before I added the cartoon.... which I thought was really well done!

Also I am fed up of the 'forum bullies' on here... you know who you are!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I gave up listening to Chris Evans so have nothing more to say about him as I now listen to the much easier on the ear local radio or sometimes Radio 4 which are so much better to wake up to! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Chris Evans is so amused with that image!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Jamie Jay wrote: »
    Have always loved Evans since R1 days and on drivetime, have listened in for a few weeks but its been toned down this show too much.

Forget the TOGS, they are in the past and lets build on the future.

The show will grow stronger but having moved over from Moyles first week, I am finding myself moving back over. The Moyles team still sounding great.

That just about sums it up!
    Evans and Moyles Breakfast Hell...
    Empty vessels really do make the most noise.
    The Saviours of BBC Radio?
    Fearne Cotton in for Jeremy Vine next perhaps?
    Are you actually for real....
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonb777 wrote: »

I doubt if fearn cotton would be any worse than jeremy vine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excuse me but I did not bump the thread and neither am I remotely interested in bumping the thread.

Bumping a thread is making it appear higher in the list, people who have an agenda do it for no good reason.

See the forum rules about adding to the discussion in my post, as is often the case you don't answer most of the points made.
    If you care to look, you'll see that a message was posted by jake19801957 not long before I added the cartoon.... which I thought was really well done!

So post it in a cartoon forum then.
    Also I am fed up of the 'forum bullies' on here... you know who you are!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

What is forum bullying as opposed to robust but constructive discussion between adults who are perfectly capable of accepting others may have a different opinion and respect that?

Your attempt to portray yourself as a victim is to me somewhat unconvincing, given the insulting nature of comments about anyone who doesn't share your views that you have chosen to repost here out of the many you have seen on other forums. Some have not only been ignorant but have used the sort of phrases you hear from schoolground bullies.

It's only a radio programme when all's said and done.
    I gave up listening to Chris Evans so have nothing more to say about him as I now listen to the much easier on the ear local radio or sometimes Radio 4 which are so much better to wake up to! ;)

Fine, it's all personal taste, you've made your points and we won't be seeing you on Chris Evans threads again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jonb777 wrote: »

What a pointless set of cliches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris Moyles talks too much. At least Chris Evans plays music in between his breaths!