katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mama Mia I lasted 20 minutes
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Still haven' t sat through an entire Harry Potter film.
  • Options
    Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloud Atlas
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these I'm quite surprised by because I actually really enjoyed them! I suppose everyone likes different things.

I gave up part of the way through J Edgar, not because I thought it was particularly bad (although it's not great), but because it's so long. I still haven't managed to get back to it.

I couldn't get through Phantom of the Opera. The musical is boring as hell, so God knows why I thought the film would be any better!

I can't remember any other films I stopped watching part way through. Maybe they were so boring I've forgotten about them altogether! Although I did fall asleep during the last Lord of the Rings film at the cinema, does that count? :D

I'm quite disappointed to see so many bad responses to War Horse. I bought the DVD cheap and was looking forward to it as I had heard some good things and it stars two of my favourite actors. I might still give it a go anyway.
  • Options
    AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Argo.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Dredd, and Looper...

Tried to watch both, but both bored me silly.
  • Options
    Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beanybun wrote: »
    Seriously?!

Well, if sci fis not your thing...

I'm with her. I don't mind some sci-fi but Blade Runner is grossly overrated and one of the least exciting and enthralling "thrillers" I've ever seen, though I did watch it all the way to the end because I felt I had to. I have seen people say that Blade Runner is more of an art film than a sci-fi film anyway, which might explain it, as most art films are pretentious and boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark Tide - a shark based "thriller" with Halle Berry. I gave it 45 minutes mainly because it had the gorgeous Halle in it but it was anything but thrilling.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

After having fallen asleep two times while watching it I said to myself "Stuff this for a game of soldiers" and walked out of the cinema
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Dredd, and Looper...

Tried to watch both, but both bored me silly.

Dredd was probably created for a particular market ie fans of the comic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Dredd was probably created for a particular market ie fans of the comic

Correct, its definitely a fan flick.
  • Options
    AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Notebook

But that could be because I'm just a Heterosexual male.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saving Private Ryan - Attempted to watch three times before I decided to watch something else or go outside. Eventually force watched it at university a while back and found myself sleeping, once again. It is THAT boring. I think if that was the only film in the paper, I might have failed.

A.I. - Another film that I fell asleep 20 minutes in and woke up in time to find more bullshit from that movie. The ending sucked ass and the story was just beyond awful and pretty much had no point. The acting was Razzie-worthy too. Hands down the worst movie ever.

Love Actually - I never felt so bored in a comedy movie in my life and this is coming from me who tends to enjoy a good rom-com at times. I didn't root for any of the characters because they all appear to be either annoying or just too unlikeable. The kids singing was just awful and there were lots of moments where I just wanted them to get on with it and move forward.

The Truman Show - I give credit for Jim Carrey trying to do something different from his usual comedic roles, but by god, this was just tedious. There were little to no character development, almost everybody was hateful and I was always rolling my eyes, thinking "WHAT NOW?!?!?!?" I force watched it at high school and even to this day, I hated it. Luckily, I got to express my rage at how much I hated this film at my final exam and managed to get a pass mark.

Signs - Signs in the crops, nothing happens, everybody whispers or talk in a very inaudible voice, big shock which only lasted 2 minutes towards the end of the movie. I wanted my money back and more with a passion.

Star Wars: Episode 2 - I think this was one of the few times I fell asleep in the cinemas and couldn't care less. After having watched the original trilogy (which I enjoyed) and luckily avoiding Episode 1, I decided to watch this one as it would be my first Star Wars viewing at the cinemas. Fell asleep for most of the movie, just in time to see Yoda fighting. Funny, but nowhere near saving this film. After that scene, I wanted it to be over so bad that I even wanted to cry.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Cloud Atlas - just now... sat through over two hours and couldn't take any more of this nonsense... :(
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Field In England - rubbish.

No Country For Old Men? Really? :eek:
  • Options
    miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kine wrote: »
    Machete, I just didn't get it.
    Conan the Barbarian, the remake. I thought the violence outweighed the plot.

The remake of Conan was horrendous. I think it was one of the many films I fell asleep in the middle of because I just lost interest!

I tried watching the revamped Star Trek movie too and gave up after 10 minutes, it was absolute pants.