[Game] X Factor - Live, Lights and Lies! (series 1) Show #1

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddy String

Eddy, I wasn't as sure about your last performance as some of the others were. The thing is, I have the exact same problem with this performance as the problem I had with your last one. While it was a nice song choice (probably better than last week's too), I once again felt that there was something missing. I still can't quite put my finger on what exactly that is, but if last week is anything to go by you should be safe so I'll see if I can find out what your performances are lacking for me next week. Good luck!
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Mixed comments from the judges tonight with two saying they weren't completely sold on the performance and one saying that they loved it! But which side of the comments will the public agree with?

Now time to move on to the groups for the second time tonight. They got some great comments from the judges last week and wishing that they'll get the same this week, here is Belle Amie performing I Wish by Mini Viva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7whcIXHcc
    Reached number 73 on the UK mainstream chart.

Rebecca: I was one with you, breathing
    And was close to you, in your sleep
    And I don't deny, waiting
    For the little light from you

Esther: And I wish that I had tried
    Mmm baby I now wished that 'us' away
    Oh no, if I wish that hard enough would love come home, home again
    Sophia: And I wish that I had tried
    Oh no, if I wish that hard enough
    Would love come home, home again
    All: And I go oh no
    He could be the one who hits the light inside my soul
    Oh baby, This could be the last of my control

Geneva: I was watching you, leaving
    Didn't know that love, cut so deep
    How was I to know baby,
    All the tears I cry for you

Sophia: And I wish that I had tried
    Instead I went and watched you walk away
    Oh no, if I wished that hard enough would love come home, home again
    Instead I went and watched you walk away
    Oh no, if I wished that hard enough would love come home, home again
    All: And i go oh no
    And i go oh no

Geneva: Feels like starry eyed
    I'm alone, alone on a slowly, lonely ride
    Geneva + Rebecca: Each time I decide to get off, I drop in rolling, holding... Holding

Oh no, if I wish that hard enough would love come home, home again
    All: And I go oh no
    And I go oh no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I apologize for being very vague in my comments sometimes, I tend to forgo correct grammar and sentence structuring when I have to type things within a short time-frame. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belle Amie

Before anyone starts complaining about 'girlband does girlband', I just want to say that I personally don't classify Mini Viva as a girlband. They're a pop duo rather than a girlband. With that out of the way, I thought this was a great performance from you girls. Seeing as not everyone was pleased with your last performance, I injected a bit more pop for this performance. It worked really well in my opinion, this performance had great energy about it, as well as allowing your vocals to be noticed. Esther got a bit more screen-time this time around, seeing as she didn't get many lines to sing last show. Fantastic performance girls, I really hope you stay!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Belle Amie
    Girls last week I thought it was okay, and it didn`t stand out. This week I thought was just INCREDIBLE. It was suited to you amazingly and I have never heard of that song but it was great. Your vocals were amazing, but I just wished there were more harmonizes, but that`s the only advice for next week. One of the best of the night for sure!!!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belle Amie

Well girls, I really enjoyed that! The Harmonies could've shown more appearance but at the same time, it was upbeat, fun, lively and definitely a huge step-up from before where I was worried about you at first. But this time around, you should definitely be safe, because I can see you going far in the competition. Best performance so far for me and I can't wait to see what you can bring next week!
    Forum Member
    Wow insanely great comments for Belle Amie this week! The judges seemed to adore this performance but did you enjoy it as much as they did public?

Last week he appeared in the sing off and now he's hoping that he doesn't end up there again and has to walk away from the competition. Here is Daniel Pearce singing Walk Away by David Craig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpqQq9D-Ryo
    Forum Member
    Daniel
    Daniel that was far better than last week, but like Jake said about my act last week, `It`s like something you would leave on a shelf`. I just felt that the song was just the same all the way through, and I am sorry but I could have fallen asleep. It didn`t change all the way through the song, and even though the vocals were good I think you could be in trouble!!! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Pearce

Daniel, I was sad to see you singing for survival but the public gave you a second chance and I thank them for it. This week was a challenge as I've had to change your song choice three times until we came across Craig David where we found this song. This was a change of direction but you were amazing on that performance. I want the public to support you because I don't want you to start walking away from this competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that you enjoyed Belle Amie's performance too Jack, I just know you did. :p

Daniel

Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure about this performance Daniel. I understand the need to change directions from your mentor's perspective as you were in the sing-off last week after all. However, I'm not sure if I really like this new direction for you. I must say that rated the more rocky direction for you a lot more. One might argue that it clearly didn't work as you had to sing for survival, but let's not forget that you would have been safe as houses if it wasn't for that bottom 6 last week. In short, I'd like your mentor to think about the direction he has in mind for you as I wasn't really a big fan of this performance... :(
    Forum Member
    Ouch some not so great comments for Daniel this week. Could he end up back where he started the competition in the sing off?

Last week she got some great comments from the judges and she ended up in the top 6 as a result of that. But will she be able to get to the long fought after top spot this week? Here singing No More by Jamelia its Jade Ellis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X-oDV0oIvI
    Note: Jamelia is a British artist and the song reached 43 on the UK chart.
    Forum Member
    Jade
    Jade my little diva. That was just amazing. I felt that the vocals were a lot more suited to you than last week, and they were just beautiful. The song built up all the way through the song, and I just loved the chorus the most. It was just incredible and so are you my darling. Please vote for my little Jade tonight. She really needs your votes, so #Elliss pick up your phone and vote for the super talented Jade!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade Ellis

Ooooooooh yeeeeaaaah Jade, you and your mentor have done it again! That was a great song choice, it spoke volumes to what you do and sing on stage. The verses were great, but the chorus part just wow! Two shows in and I can already tell that your mentor definitely gets you and know what he's doing. Keep it up, Jade you smooth queen of soul!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Ellis

While Jamelia is a really clever choice of artist for you from your mentor, it's also a slightly predictable choice in my opinion (I actually expected your mentor to pick a Jamelia song at one point or another after seeing last week's song choice :p). I also think that Jamelia's vocals are a bit more powerful than Jades, which made it slightly harder for me to imagine Jade singing this. Aside from those minor negatives, this was another really solid performance from you. I liked it, so good luck in the voting and if last week is anything to go by you should once again be safe as houses!
    Forum Member
    I gotta go now guys. Thanks for the good comments for Jade and Lucy, but please be nice to Diana!!! :D

You have my comments and votes Jack!!! :)
    Forum Member
    Overall its good comments from Jade with one judge even saying that she is the Queen of Soul! Will the public agree and allow this new Soul Queen into the monarchy?

Last week he got eliminated but was saved by the public and the judges to become the Public act! Will he end up performing ending up eliminated like he was last week, or will he sore high above the rest under the public's leadership? Here is Wagner singing His Name Is Lancelot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxIlEDFND0c
    Note: It was in the top 100 and its an English musical so it counts

Choreography: The video for it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_a5wx8Znmw
    Lancelot shall be the Jordan who Wagner will drag on stage. Wagner will always be on stage singing and wearing the fruit hat at all times
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wagner

*swings in chair*

Jack, what have you done?! My respect for you as a mentor has just dropped off a cliff due this absolutely atrocious song choice (except not really) :p Let's face it people, this was just awful in all aspects regarding vocals. HOWEVER, I can't actually believe I'm saying this, but I was thoroughly entertained by this performance at the same time as absolutely loathing it. I don't know what it is with you Wagner, but I'd actually like to see more of where that came from if I'm being totally honest (especially if Jack continues to mentor you :o)...
    Forum Member
    Wagner

OMG Wagner I can`t believe that performance. You were put as the wildcard......and I understand why. Though it didn`t sound like you at all, the song choice was incredible for you and your vocals. It was fun, wacky and everything you are about. Jack will you please join the panel? I loved the staging aswell. Lancelot should be scared now because you came out fighting!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner

Okay, when I found out you were chosen to come back, I was very happy. Now as for this performance...I cannot deny it, it was close to being insane but in a strange way, I LOVED IT! You cannot really sing, but I fully commend the public for giving you something to make us feel positive and upbeat inside. Definitely the most creative and fun performance we've seen, but will you be taken seriously in the long run? Who knows...
    Forum Member
    Ladies and Gentlemen you've just witnessed what goes around in my mind when I am bored and see that Wagner needs a song. Overall its great comments from Wagner (who'd of thought we'd see that?) but will the public agree with the judges tonight?

Now time for the boyband of the competition. Last week they ended up in second place with their acoustic styled performance but now here they are, hoping to reconnect with their upbeat side here is District 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0pQkIF8m0
    Reached number 32 on the UK mainstream chart.
    Micky: Like picking the numbers
    And winning the cash
    Like kissing an angel
    Whats the chances of that

Dan: Sometimes I have no strength
    When you close your eyes

All: Oh whoa oh
    Oh whoa oh

Dan: Whats the odds that lightning
    Will find you twice

All: its gotta be something like one,
    About a million to one.
    The chances of falling in love
    With someone like you is
    One, one, one in a million

There's something you gotta know
    Are you looking for a hit and run
    I just wanna be with some

Greg: I don't wanna wake up
    If this is a dream
    Girl, you're the finest
    That I've ever seen

Dan: Never felt so real
    Never been so right

Oh whoa oh

Dan: What's the odds of me
    Finding you tonight

It's gotta be something like
    One about a million to one

With someone like you is

Dan: It's like I made a wish
    Micky: And you fell in my hands
    Greg: And when you look at it
    All: Tell me what's the odds of that

It's gotta be something like
    One about a million to one

With someone like you is

One, one, one, one in a million
    One, one in a million

One, one, one, one in a million
    One, one in a million

Micky: Like picking the numbers
    And winning the cash
    Dan: Like kissing an angel
    Whats the chances of that

All: One in a million
    Forum Member
    District 3

BOYS last week I didn`t like your performance but this week was just great. Another boy band but the vocals and harmonizes were splendid between you. I don`t know if you have been mentored before but Rick is going to do a splendid, if he carries on with things like this. I think you are going to be a serious contender now after that performance!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    District3

Ah, my boys! I had a great performance lined up for you, only to be forced to change it within an hour yesterday due to my apparent inability to read themes correctly. I asked around a bit, and this song was presented to me (;)). I don't typically like 'boyband does boyband' song choices, but I think that this worked pretty well as it wasn't 100% cheese and allowed you to show off your more energetic side as opposed to just your harmonies which we did last week. The more times I listen to this song, the more I can see it fitting you. We probably won't get a 2nd place again, but this was certainly a good effort and I sincerely hope that you'll be here next week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    District3

Well last week, I was on a different page to Pingu where I loved your song choice. This week (and yes this was predictable), it was great but I didn't think it was as strong as last week. You're definitely not going anywhere tonight though and I'm sure you'll get the chance to come back stronger. For now though, well done boys.
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I'm here guys if you want me to take over Jackel? Or you can continue - whichever you prefer. Something's come up so I'll have to host the result show tomorrow if that's okay with everyone?
    Forum Member
    Overall its positive comments for EoS's trio of boys, although we need get some people saying it was predictable... But will the public agree with this?

Now its time for the next three performances (as I need to eat in like two minutes so might as well post them all together). They both got positive comments last week and one of them even topped the voting! Here are Diana Vickers, Jake Quickenden and Suzie Furlonger!

Suzie Furlonger - Changes (Chris Lake ft. Laura)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGSFHjyAbw

Diana Vickers - Breathe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbQfKIh0mI
    Note: Delilah is a british artist and the song reached 87 on the UK chart.

Jake Quickenden - What You Look For (Sam Beeton)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KiTyki28g