Options

Nicky and Karen

teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I may be reading too much into it, but Karen is extremely cold to Nicky. I noticed this on the YouTube clips (this is my first year properly watching it) and then I did some investigation, came across an article which explained why. Nicky and Karen were going to be the next Torvill and Dean, but Nicky left skating to concentrate on religion.

It's been many years, they are both on a successful television show together, and I just don't like her attitude. She's lovely to everyone but Nicky and Jason (latter one deserved). He's very nice to her and yet on the lives, that Friday programme just gone - she bites his head off. She doesn't seem comfortable sitting next to him, and I get the impression she doesn't like what is said about her compared to Nicky when The Ice Panel are being introduced.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, she's usually not too bad on the live show, but I thought she was rude on Friday's show.

I don't think she's forgiven him.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The breakup of their partnership wasn't pleasant and Karen isn't completely over it yet. She's better than she was but I think she wishes Nicky would move on from it.

Nicky spoke about it a year or two ago here:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/memmh/TnD/DOI%202008/NickySlater-WomansOwn-DOI2008-pg1.jpg
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/memmh/TnD/DOI%202008/NickySlater-WomansOwn-DOI2008-pg2.jpg
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    The breakup of their partnership wasn't pleasant and Karen isn't completely over it yet. She's better than she was but I think she wishes Nicky would move on from it.

Nicky spoke about it a year or two ago here:

I am guessing that Karen & Nicky saw very little if anything of each other for 20 years. Perhaps working together again on DOI has dredged it all back up again in Karen's mind.

My view is that they are cordial to each other but aren't friends. Karen seems lovely though.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    I agree, she's usually not too bad on the live show, but I thought she was rude on Friday's show.

What did she say? I forgot about the Friday show :(
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I can't help but remember when Karen was brought to tears by Suzanne's flying routine in the final that year.....Nicky's hand was clearly visible reaching over and patting her on the shoulder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    What did she say? I forgot about the Friday show :(

Nicky referred to the time when they were skating together and Karen rolled her eyes and said: "Let it go." Nicky got rather flustered and said he was obviously pushing the wrong buttons.

I was surprised it wasn't edited out. That show wasn't live.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheShe wrote: »
    Nicky referred to the time when they were skating together and Karen rolled her eyes and said: "Let it go." Nicky got rather flustered and said he was obviously pushing the wrong buttons.

Thanks for filling me in!

All sounds very tense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

I think the same as you - but I don't know why tbh. I can remember that they were the UK's 'second' couple behind Torvill and Dean and, like all the other skaters around then, would never have been World Champions etc cos T&D were so brilliant.
    SheShe wrote: »

I saw this too - like I've said I can remember seeing clips of them skating and they were good but obviously not as good as T&D. I like Nicky and Karen - but IMO she is the one that should 'let it go' - unless that wasn't what she meant:confused::)