Pop Star turned Reality TV Judge

teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It has now become some unwritten law that every reality talent tv show needs a pop star?

X Factor - Dannii Minogue & Cheryl Cole
Strictly Come Dancing - Alesha Dixon
So You Think You Can Dance - Louise Redknapp
Got to Dance - Kimberly Wyatt
Dancing on Ice - Emma Bunton

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    It has now become some unwritten law that every reality talent tv show needs a pop star?

What about Britains got talent?
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though Amanda Holden is not a pop star, she fits the mold of someone that is like a popstar - a pretty female face with not much talent of their own.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though Amanda Holden is not a pop star, she fits the mold of someone that is like a popstar - a pretty female face with not much talent of their own.

Sort of blows the thread out of the window though :p
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    - Singing competition. Both are singers and have been active for many years. Cheryl Cole has also been through the whole audition process before making her a 'relatable' judge.

- Similar to Cheryl, Alesha has also been through the whole process of the show. Again making her a 'Relateable' judge who can sympathise with things the others cannot.

- Louise Redknapp was part of a girl group? I forgot actually XD Anyway as stated on the show, she does have a full dance background and has had full training.

- Er.... Dunno since I havent watched this show

- Big dunno.

Every single one of these judges however represent one main thing though and thats a 'pull' to draw in more viewers who wouldnt usually watch the show.

Also yeah. I didnt know Amanda Holden was a female singer? XD
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grease Is The Word - Sinitta!
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not a mainstream pop star unless you are a reality star as well these days are you.Otherwise you're an alternative/indie pop star.
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Sort of blows the thread out of the window though :p

It doesn't blow the thread out - the majority of current Reality Talent Contests have a popstar. And anyway, Cheryl Cole was the original choice for Britain's Got Talent.

Martine McCutcheon was another one, Soapstar Superstar. While all of these Judges pull in as a big name, and are relatable, I don't think all of them are the best choices.
    I still think X Factor was better when it had Music Managers as Mentors/Judges, rather than adding Popstars.