Options

Courtney cox and David Arquette split

Comments

• Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is sad but not really surprising.
    I always got the feeling that they had to work quite hard at keeping the marriage on track ... As others have said, they openly admitted to having counselling.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really surprised.

They've had their problems over the years, although I thought they may have worked it through.
  • Options
    misterelimistereli Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! Just saw this on IMDb's news page and my jaw dropped! I always thought they seemed like the perfect couple. Mainly because of Gale and Dewey though.. lol. But I found this really shocking. I've never heard about them having marriage problems before so this is news to me!

So sad.. but at least this happened after Scream 4!
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they met on the set of Scream, got together on the set of Scream 2, shared a trailer on the set of Scream 3 and split on the set of Scream 4.

Talk about a chapter of your life being defined by a movie!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    From their statement it sounded like it was more of a trial seperation with the hope of reunion.

They have done therapy for years, not for any problems, but to learn how to address them should they arise. I hope this all comes in handy now and they can reconcile. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I thought they were the real-life Monica and Chandler:( But there were rumours she was with someone else, so not too surprising really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought that they ahd split years ago - around the jen and brad split
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Awwww shame :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David has gone on a radio show & shared very intimate details about their split.

- He said that Courtney told him that she "didn't want to be his mother anymore" & suggested a trial separation.

- He admitted that they have not had sex in more than 4 months.

- He admitted to sleeping with another woman during the trial separation, but said he does not have a girlfriend.

It seems pretty classless to share intimate details of your marriage/separation on a national radio show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I seem to remember reading something about that a little while ago, but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Sad. I thought they made a lovely couple and it would last.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    David has gone on a radio show & shared very intimate details about their split.

- He said that Courtney told him that she "didn't want to be his mother anymore" & suggested a trial separation.

- He admitted to sleeping with another woman during the trial separation, but said he does not have a girlfriend.

It seems pretty classless to share intimate details of your marriage/separation on a national radio show.

Yes, especially when he admits to sleeping with someone else while hoping he will reconcile with his wife.

I can just see it now: "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!"

OK, wrong Friend, but you get the picture! :D
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,217
    Forum Member
    Yeah shame alwyas liked Courteney and David doesnt seem a bad guy, oh well suppose its for the best levaes them to find happiness with others, lets just hope the split is amicable Scream 4 is the first of another trilogy isnt it?
    Only thing that would have surpriused me more would have been if Lisa Kudrow and her husband had split
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does he have a prescription problem or something? In one interview announcing to the world he and his wife hadn't had sex since June and then saying he has had it off with another woman and it made him "feel like a man"??? And then that his wife is incredible and he hopes they will reconcile. I hope for you're sake David she is the forgiving type cos you sound like a big baffoon.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not the best way to go about it if you're looking for a reconciliation, Dave.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    Married to Craig pearson from 1998 to 2003. im way out never heard of this new fella LOL :p

Who an earth is Craig Pearson? She didn't date or marry anyone of that name and as another poster said she married David in 1999. Who on earth are you thinking of? I'm curious now I really want to know and it's bugging me cos I can't work it out!
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just listened to this on the Channel Five news. I don't normally care what celebs say or don't say in public about their personal lives but when they have children they ought to grow up, quite frankly.
  • Options
    momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so sorry to hear this, I really thought they`d go the distance :(
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been rumours about them for years, allegedlyhe is very difficult to live with,.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    The bulk of the Arquette family are batshit crazy.

David getting jiggy with another woman whilst hoping for a reconciliation its like trying to cure cancer using C4!

Apparently Courtney has been getting very "friendly" with Brian Van Holt co-star from Cougar Town (and Threshold)
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I think it is terribly sad so many marriages are ending. It seems next to impossible for a man to take a back seat in his career!! She was always a lot more successful and famous than he was. I only know David Arguette from the daft SCREAM movies. I have never seen him in anything else. Recently there were a few photos of him coming out of clubs and bars drunk which probably explains his recent radio interview when he went on and on about the waitress he had sex with etc and how he felt like a real man!! Poor Courtney did not deserve that!! I just wish these holiday couples would not have kids as they are the real victims in all of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Methos_343 wrote: »
    The bulk of the Arquette family are batshit crazy.

David getting jiggy with another woman whilst hoping for a reconciliation its like trying to cure cancer using C4!

Apparently Courtney has been getting very "friendly" with Brian Van Holt co-star from Cougar Town (and Threshold)

I bet that bit about Courtney and her Co-star is publicity for the show as it is beginning to lose viewers at the moment and there are concerns about the show being cancelled. It seems on American TV there is no mercy, if the viewers figures drop, you are out.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It has been alledged that David has a serious alcohol problem. Article included various pictures of David coming out of clubs and bars visible DRUNK!!! Sadly, this may explain the above undignified behaviour!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Courteney.

When I heard this, I was completely shocked. I definitely didn't see it coming. Hopefully everything will sort itself out sooner or later and they'll be be back together. x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I'm really not surprised to be honest. He's a whiney -assed little nonentity zeleb with apparently a taste for busty cocktail waitresses. How passe. :rolleyes: Courtenay Cox is more successful than he is and while I don't particularly like her as an actress she probably deserves better than to be betrayed like that.

What an idiot he is. Now he's bleating about 'having said too much' allegedly.

Well d'uh David, you moron!

:yawn: