The Norty Step (off-topic) (Part 2)

Comments

• BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Button!

Saz please make my cookies with sultanas, raisins or some other dried fruit! :p ***runs away very fast***

Night guys - sleep well! ;)
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Dried fruit = dead flies !

Nite all x
  • DizzyspinsDizzyspins Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Very quick visit from me this morning, I am full of good intentions to catch up with last night's ITT sometime this evening - I've heard the pro challenge is well worth watching. Then I'll have to catch up with the rest of tonight's ITT as I go out before it finishes on a Tuesday :D:D

Love the sound of those cookies Saz, I'm making some of your Baileys white chocolate fudge again this Christmas :) That was very popular when I tried the recipe out last time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Waiting for electricians to arrive to do some stuff in the house today and tomorrow,
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Steppers ,
    Buttons ,My husband is only a casual watcher and on Saturday said " Angie Watts is a good actress , very grinny !!!

I loved reading the book posts it brought me back , I loved all the baording school ones and Enid Blytons Island of Adventure etc
    I almost smelt the library as I read the post , I spent hours in it and getting books to read was a joy .At Christmas we always got a new book and I loved St Stephens Day ( 26th ) staying in bed reading a book .
    Then a bit of a gap of no books to enjoy in my late teens till my sister introduced Georgette Heyer and ohhh the romance of it was lovely .!

Mimi I hope you are ok and not too lonely .We had a fright with Alfie who came in very shook and sore , vet thinks he was hit by a car but only his side seems bruised . He is not the brightest crayon in the box

Is it just me but the board seems to have attracted a new kind of anger lately from a few . I stayed away for a few days as one post upset me , luckily it was pulled .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Good morning all,

My Hubby said the same about Anita, even this morning when she was on the BBC. I would still rather Robbie had left instead.

Got to wait in for a parcel today so will bake some mince pies for later. My husband made the mincemeat ages ago so it should be nicely matured by now.
    :):)
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Steppers!:D

Having a bit of a quiet, pottering about day today, which is nice because the weather here is horrible. I'm about to make som hot chocolate so feel free to help yourselves.

Abba, I hardly look at most of the threads now, and definitely don't get involved, because as you say there seems to be a lot of unpleasantness about. I don't post as much now, tend to look at the threads delivering news, visit a couple of App threads, have the occasional vote on a poll, and of course am really pleased that the Norty Step has become popular again. :)

I'm looking forward to Christmas Strictly now that Dilly has posted a photo from yesterday of the lovely Vincent dressed up as Santa;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    Afternoon steppers, soo busy at the moment, still to catch up with ITT.

Much promised kit-kats and tea as I whizz off again!
    Forum Member
    Considering no one else has popped in this afternoon I have taken all the kit kats to a kind and loving home :)

I am visiting Blighty this weekend, so I am off to wrap a few Christmas presents. I am on the ball, oh yes indeedy !

First time ever, mind you ;)
    Forum Member
    Hi Steppers ,
    Buttons ,My husband is only a casual watcher and on Saturday said " Angie Watts is a good actress , very grinny !!!

I loved reading the book posts it brought me back , I loved all the baording school ones and Enid Blytons Island of Adventure etc
    I almost smelt the library as I read the post , I spent hours in it and getting books to read was a joy .At Christmas we always got a new book and I loved St Stephens Day ( 26th ) staying in bed reading a book .
    Then a bit of a gap of no books to enjoy in my late teens till my sister introduced Georgette Heyer and ohhh the romance of it was lovely .!

Mimi I hope you are ok and not too lonely .We had a fright with Alfie who came in very shook and sore , vet thinks he was hit by a car but only his side seems bruised . He is not the brightest crayon in the box

Is it just me but the board seems to have attracted a new kind of anger lately from a few . I stayed away for a few days as one post upset me , luckily it was pulled .

Ooh Abba, I still re-read my Georgette Heyer books now. My favourite has to be between Devil's Cub and Bath Tangle. I was also an avid Enid Blyton reader and especially devoured Malory Towers and the St.Clares books. Still to catch up with ITT :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popped in to say hello.

No people ... and no kitkats???:(

Have been looking forward to one all day!:)
    Forum Member
    Just popped in to say hello.

No people ... and no kitkats???:(

Have been looking forward to one all day!:)

:D:p

Have to be quick when I'm lurking near kit kats ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaargh so tired in real life. No time to read the boards!
    I too loved all the Enid Blyton books set in boarding schools - Malory Towers, St Claire's and the Naughtiest Girl in the School series (Whyteleaf School). I was gutted recently when I was told my parents had given them away to charity. I still read them from time to time despite being an adult!
    As a child I loved the sound of boarding school from the stories, but to be honest I think it would be my idea of a nightmare.
    I've never read Georgette Heyer but I've had her books recommended to me. They are set in a similar era to Jane Austen's? I love Jane Austen so I imagine I would like them.

Saz, I can't believe you don't know what an apple pie bed is ;) but they are impossible to make on a modern bed which uses duvets and fitted/valance sheets. In the days when beds were made with a mattress cover, bottom sheet and top sheet under the quilt an apple pie bed was where the bottom sheet was folded up from the foot end up to the pillow end and folded over the top sheet. when you open the quilt, all looks normal, but then when you climb in you find that you can't get your legs down the bed! (I hope that description makes sense).

Sorry no foody presents to leave on the step. I haven't had time to bake or go shopping. Maybe see you on the step tomorrow evening...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Sazzle and welcome

You've just reminded me I used to love books about ballet schools. - Was it Drina or somesuch?

Make sure you're wrapped up warm - lots of us forumites seem to have caught cold sitting here this time of the year!

Hiya. I don't remember those books I'm afraid. I was very much an Enid Blyton fan, Secret Seven, Famous Five, The Adventurous Four, Malory Tower and St Clare's. I shall wrap up snugly, I may even crack out my hat (I don't wear them very often so it's got to be cold for me to dig it out).
    Button62 wrote: »
    Evening Norties !

Great to see you sazz .... like me you must be busy busy busy.

Long time no speak! Yup, busy all year round playing taxi to the kids!
    Hiya Button!

Saz please make my cookies with sultanas, raisins or some other dried fruit! :p ***runs away very fast***

Night guys - sleep well! ;)

Now you're just being mean because you know I can't run at the moment.:cry:
    Button62 wrote: »
    Dried fruit = dead flies !

Nite all x

I agree 100%
    *chucks bag of raisins at Buddy's head*
    Dizzyspins wrote: »
    Love the sound of those cookies Saz, I'm making some of your Baileys white chocolate fudge again this Christmas :) That was very popular when I tried the recipe out last time.

Oooh yes, that is yummy. Must make some more this year. Would you like the cookie recipe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I come bearing Freddos - little chocolate frogs for the discerning stepper.

I think Abba's right, there does seem to be a lot of anger on the boards this year (as opposed to the quite reasonable disgruntlement of people fed up with the show's low-brow shortcomings). It's one of the reasons I ditched the blog. Oddly enough, one of the downsides of not writing about it is that my interest has dropped a little. Last week Mrs JfW and I started trading quips again (there was a lot of material in Wembley week) and my interest perked up again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Good evening all,

Just leaving the mince pies as promised, off out for the evening

see you all later:):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come bearing Freddos - little chocolate frogs for the discerning stepper.

I think Abba's right, there does seem to be a lot of anger on the boards this year (as opposed to the quite reasonable disgruntlement of people fed up with the show's low-brow shortcomings). It's one of the reasons I ditched the blog. Oddly enough, one of the downsides of not writing about it is that my interest has dropped a little. Last week Mrs JfW and I started trading quips again (there was a lot of material in Wembley week) and my interest perked up again.

Go on John, share a few gems with the Norty Steppers. After all, we're only here because of you!
    Forum Member

Oooh yes, that is yummy. Must make some more this year. Would you like the cookie recipe?

Yes please :)

I don't venture very far from this thread at all on DS. I do read some of the others but rarely post!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on John, share a few gems with the Norty Steppers. After all, we're only here because of you!

Yes, I have heard many rumours about you, great one.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John you do realise the Norty Steppers were your acolytes? :p

We kept getting into trouble for gassing on your thread whilst we waited for you to post! :p

Saz I'm sorry for being mean {{{HUGS}}}, but thanks for the bag of raisins! :D

I have some home made carrot cake on offer that Mr Buddy bought at a craft fair! Nom, nom! :D
    Forum Member
    Carrot cake, my favourite :)

Has JfW gone to pen a few lines for us (wistfulsmiley)? I can't believe just how much I miss his take on the shows each week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John you do realise the Norty Steppers were your acolytes? :p

We kept getting into trouble for gassing on your thread whilst we waited for you to post! :p

Saz I'm sorry for being mean {{{HUGS}}}, but thanks for the bag of raisins! :D

I have some home made carrot cake on offer that Mr Buddy bought at a craft fair! Nom, nom! :D

Welcome back BB, and thank you - I too love carrot cake.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I have heard many rumours about you, great one.;)

Hello ysbryd, they're all true, except the one about the donkey; I think monkseal made that one up.

...and I see the absence of an actual thread hasn't stopped you from gassing, Buddy. I remember that - I used to look at the thread and think 'Ooh, JfW has posted'. It's true you know, Mrs JfW is the brains of the outfit.

In addition to Freddos I'm also currently indulging in Chomps, which, as far as I can tell, are Fingers of Fudge writ small.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ysbryd. ;)
    ...and I see the absence of an actual thread hasn't stopped you from gassing, Buddy. I remember that - I used to look at the thread and think 'Ooh, JfW has posted'. It's true you know, Mrs JfW is the brains of the outfit.

In addition to Freddos I'm also currently indulging in Chomps, which, as far as I can tell, are Fingers of Fudge writ small.

John you know by now the woman is the brains of every outfit. ;) And as for gassing, I've been doing it all my life and it would be strange to try to stop now! :D

I like Freddos, Chomps and Fingers of Fudge! Have you raided the under 5s pocket money section of the local shop?! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks ysbryd. ;)

John you know by now the woman is the brains of every outfit. ;) And as for gassing, I've been doing it all my life and it would be strange to try to stop now! :D

I like Freddos, Chomps and Fingers of Fudge! Have you raided the under 5s pocket money section of the local shop?! :D

I know! They sell them in the canteen which I use about once a week. I've also rekindled my appreciation of Ruffle Bars and Dandelion and Burdock.