Options

Jane Danson in tonights Corrie

13»

Comments

• Options
    astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ,too, thought Jane Danson was exceptional in tonights Corrie.
    All her emotions we're totally realistic - from her pain and hurt at Peter's betrayal, her fury at herself for not following through her own instincts about Peter & Carla, her desperate last attempt to cling on to her marriage to Peter even after all his lies.
    All very believable.

I also thought her scene with Stella was perfectly written & beautifully played by both actressess.
    The last scene, with Simon ( who I personally think is a fab child actor & not OTT at all ) was so sad.

I'm quite sorry, though, that the Corrie writers have done this with Peter's character. He's been such a weak, lying weasel in the past - but I'd really started to like him this time round.!

Really can't bear either him or Carla now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane has long been head and shoulders above most soap actors. Compare her performances, 'cos it's not just the big dramas, with Jessie Wallace but who gets all of the nominations and accolades?
  • Options
    GameChangerGameChanger Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Jane has long been head and shoulders above most soap actors. Compare her performances, 'cos it's not just the big dramas, with Jessie Wallace but who gets all of the nominations and accolades?

Jane Danson won an award at the BSAs last year...and Jessie hasn't won anything for ages.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Jane has always done angst very well and tonight was no exception in that regard. I usually dislike terms such as "underrated" but in her case, as tonights display clearly showed, I'd make an exception.
    One of the best soap actors we have at present.
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just mentioned this on another thread but worth repeating, Jane has been exceptional over the last year or two - amazing performance again tonight.

Jane, Chris Gascoyne and little Alex Bain deserve a lot of praise, as do the writers.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jane was great tonight
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Not an avid Corrie viewer or fan of Jane Danson but I have to say that she was excellent tonight - made me cry :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    Jane Danson won an award at the BSAs last year...and Jessie hasn't won anything for ages.

She won Best Actress the very same night!
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine or Jane to win the next soap award, don't mind which. As long as it's not Alison King (who, for me, is the Jessie Wallace of Corrie).
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Katherine or Jane to win the next soap award, don't mind which. As long as it's not Alison King (who, for me, is the Jessie Wallace of Corrie).

Yes, I agree with that.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

I see where you're coming from there and it's not a bad shout, but Alison King is a much better actress than Jessie Wallace IMO. The character of Carla is repulsive at times though.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad you started this thread OP. I thought Jane's acting was extraordinary last night. She's able to convey an array of different emotions, many through facial expressions alone - hurt, stunned, shock, back to hope again. The writing was brilliant too.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    She was amazing. So was little Simon.

I agree! I felt sorry for him in the middle of the street!:cry:
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree! I felt sorry for him in the middle of the street!:cry:

Simon's an exceptional child actor - his emotional reaction to Peter when he was rushing him for school, was so well done. The storyline has potential for more great acting from him - I'm sure Peter's going to have to brace himself, as Simon becomes a right little firecracker.
  • Options
    Martha LoganMartha Logan Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope its her year at award season.
  • Options
    KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find myself saying it time and time again but Jane's acting over the past few years has been the best and most real in soap. It really annoys me that she's constantly over-shadowed when it comes to award recognition.

I'm praying this is her year!
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope she wins this year too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    I was happy for her when she won Best Dramatic Performance last year, but I'd love to see her at least get a chance at Best Actress.
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    I was happy for her when she won Best Dramatic Performance last year, but I'd love to see her at least get a chance at Best Actress.

Yeah she really deserved that! I came across an old article today with Chris praising her, he said she is possibly the best actress hes worked with.

http://programmes.stv.tv/coronation-street/news/248825-coronation-streets-chris-gascoyne-praises-jane-danson/
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad you started this thread OP. I thought Jane's acting was extraordinary last night. She's able to convey an array of different emotions, many through facial expressions alone - hurt, stunned, shock, back to hope again. The writing was brilliant too.

Yes I agree with this I can see her going forward onto much bigger and better things..although Corrie is good she would make a brilliant stage/film actress and should'nt waste her talents in a soap.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm going to be a voice of dissent! I find Jane Danson a bit theatrical and I think she likes gravitas. Simon was just awful - that kid can't act.

Please don't kill me, everyone! :o

BIB- Got to agree with this bit here!

Simon made me cry though :o
  • Options
    sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was amazing :)