Options

Did you have a huge keyfob in the 80's?

SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
Forum Member
It was a fad in the late 80's. Have all your keys on a bunch, clip this to your belt (it was a man thing) and then adorn the bunch with bottle openers, charms, tags and even keys that did not seem to fit anything. I remember the whacking and jangling that they made. They also damaged car seats when people sat on them. I was carrying over 70 keys at one stage.:o

I don't see this any more - so did you have one - or do you still rattle along with a big old bunch 'o junk?:)

Comments

• Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I wasn't deemed old enough to have the keys to the door in the 80's.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    No. I wasn't deemed old enough to have the keys to the door in the 80's.

Nor was I, but there was:

Moneybox key
    Shed key
    Spare window keys
    Interior door keys (the long ones)
    Bike lock key
    Dresser keys
    Wardrobe keys
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Nor was I, but there was:

Moneybox key
    Shed key
    Spare window keys
    Interior door keys (the long ones)
    Bike lock key
    Dresser keys
    Wardrobe keys

I wasn't allowed any keys because of my ability to lose keys within a day of receiving them.

If only i had a clip for my belt where i could store keys safely.

However, i wasn't allowed belts either so that might not have worked. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    God, this bring back memories. I remember going out with a lad around 1988ish who always had a huge bunch of keys attached to one of his belt loops. I remember thinking at the time how cool he was :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't just an 80s thing. In the mid 90s it was cool to have your keys clipped onto your belt loop with a long fluoroscent telephone-wire kind of curly thing... anyone remember these? :D
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still keep all my keys on a single keyring. But it's only got 9 keys on it so not really that big.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a loop the size of a coke can 'ish full of keys still, they pull my trousers down as I have lost so much weight the pants are too big - I best get a belt lol.

I have about 20 keys on it atm
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe a little OT but when was it the fashion to have your wallet attached to a long chain which around your chains leg and one part attached to your belt loop. The chain looked like a bit of dog lead.
  • Options
    gertrude hubblegertrude hubble Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That fashion must have completely passed me by, I was in my teens/ 20's in the 80's and don't remember anyone with a huge keyfob!
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That fashion must have completely passed me by, I was in my teens/ 20's in the 80's and don't remember anyone with a huge keyfob!

Me too!

Strange question.:D

Can't ever remember key fobs being particularly large!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a keyring with a couple of keys, as well as a couple of other things on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Maybe a little OT but when was it the fashion to have your wallet attached to a long chain which around your chains leg and one part attached to your belt loop. The chain looked like a bit of dog lead.

The 2000-2004 by-rock scene fashion featured this gem :)

I have a huge bunch of keys now. It has all sorts on it (including obsolete keys) and stands out so me and the OH don't get mixed up.