Jeremy Kyle Show "At the End of the Day"

Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
Forum Member
What is it about Chav's and that overused tired phrase, "At the end of the day"?

There is one guy on there at the moment who is using it at the beginning and end of every sentence.

I first heard it used by Bette Davis in a BBC interview back in 1963. Since then it seems to have become the favourite saying on shows like Kyle's, and it gets more annoying every time it is used. :(

Comments

• mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    What is it about Chav's and that overused tired phrase, "At the end of the day"?

There is one guy on there at the moment who is using it at the beginning and end of every sentence.

I first heard it used by Bette Davis in a BBC interview back in 1963. Since then it seems to have become the favourite saying on shows like Kyle's, and it gets more annoying every time it is used. :(

Haha its driving me mad as well. This new guy is saying it now
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I also hate it when they say "He turned round and said..", she turned round to me and said.." :mad:
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basically and at the end of the day. the favourite chav words
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »

Yeah, and what about those that say "Yeah" at the end of every sentence!

"d'ya know wha' I mean" (another favourite) ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex boss who keeps getting promoted all the time uses it ad nauseum!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or saying "like" in between every word in the sentence.

It's like, you know, like, something that, like we used to, like, do, ya know?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found it slightly amusing when hearing some of them say it at the beginning of nearly every sentence. Some of them look as rough as hell though. Surely they could improve their appearance by getting slightly better clothes? The baseball caps look absolutely tacky when worn as part of their dress code.
  • Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White guys putting on pretend Jamaican accents are the funniest.
    Forum Member
    It was like, yeah, amazin innit blud :rolleyes:

:D
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D'you know what I mean?
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Step up" or "step up to the plate" is another one! :mad:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    If anyone ever used this silly saying, my Dad would add '(at the end of the day)......is the night', before they managed to get any further.
    Forum Member
    It's the guy with Dwane Dibbley comedy teef on that clip :D

That song is brilliant :)

(Kyle): You planned another baby when your missus was at home
    With your two kids
    Yes or no
    Yes or no
    Yes or no
    (Guest): Have you quite finished?
    :D:D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the most overused phrase on shows like this such as Vanessa and Trisha even before the Jeremy Kyle Show existed too.
    So this 'At the end of the day' staple of daytime TV has been overused at least as far back as 15 years ago in the 1990s.

Another one is where a member of the studio audience is putting their tenpenneth in and they ask the person on stage if they have kids. Then if they say 'Yes' the audience member tells them that they should think of the children, to which they get a predictable round of applause from the rest of the studio audience.

You can mix these cliches up, "At the end of the day you have to think of the children".
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or just the endless clapping from the studio audience every time somebody makes a point.

Can you imagine in real life if during conversation with a group of people there was a round of applause after someone made a point every couple of minutes or so?
  • couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave is when they come out and pull the chair away :-)
  • foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day is a great song though!

Another word that is used ad nauseum is "Absolutely"!

"It's infuriating isn't it?"

"Absolutely!"
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »

"Obviously", "literally", and "y'know what I mean" are other overused fillers by these illiterate morons, too.
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentences ending with 'right'. :mad:
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    "Step up" or "step up to the plate" is another one! :mad:

Or 'bring something new to the table' :D
  • Quizzimodo1000Quizzimodo1000 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Paul Ince seems to be unable to start a sentence without using the words "to be fair"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    It then spreads to the viewers of these programmes subconsciously and the next batch of guests use it even more.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the day, to be fair, as long as it makes you feel superior, that's all that matters, right? ;)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "whatever!" For those who are poor at reasoning.
    "Talk to the hand, the face ain't listening" The ultimate rudeness of some people.