Options

HD Splitter Question

wintvwintv Posts: 493
Forum Member
I have just purchased an HD splitter so that an HD picture can be sent to two televisions. Having installed the splitter both TV's have a great picture but neither work when both TV's are switched on at the same time.

Do I have to live with this problem I,e, one or the other tv but not both at the same time or can anybody recommend how to resolve this minor issue.

Many thanks in advance for any advice/guidance provided.

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might help if you advise the model of the spliiter you got?

And i presume it was a splitter, and not a switch?
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    And was it a passive or active splitter?

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys,

Obtained the splitter from eBay so name not known.

It is not a powered splitter so I assume passive.

Sorry unable to provide further information on the splitter I have but from what you are saying and assuming that the splitter I have is not very good, can anybody recommend a splitter that will do the job please.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Just type "HDMI Splitter" into Amazon, there are dozens of them. Make sure it's an active powered splitter though.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wintv wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Obtained the splitter from eBay so name not known.

It is not a powered splitter so I assume passive.

Sorry unable to provide further information on the splitter I have but from what you are saying and assuming that the splitter I have is not very good, can anybody recommend a splitter that will do the job please.

If it's passive then it cannot work with both TVs on as comms goes both ways across HDMI.

If you want to have both TVs on at the same time then you need to buy a proper active splitter.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I've recommended this one before, and I will again!
    :)