Options

eHarmony

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as I said to miss PG ...I couldn't be arsed ..hence my short reply

tsk... and you wonder why you're single.... where's your commitment! you've got to work at these thing Bermondsey! >:(

:D
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    tsk... and you wonder why you're single.... where's your commitment! you've got to work at these thing Bermondsey! >:(

you know what I think you've cracked it :cool:....so you're saying all I have to do is

be at their beck and call
    put up with their BS
    let them lie to me
    and act grateful when they text me a week later to tell me they cant make the date ...

gotcha boss ill let you how how it works out ;-):D
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    as I said to miss PG ...I couldn't be arsed ..hence my short reply

Ha, yeah totally fair enough. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you know what I think you've cracked it :cool:....so you're saying all I have to do is

be at their beck and call
    put up with their BS
    let them lie to me
    and act grateful when they text me a week later to tell me they cant make the date ...

gotcha boss ill let you how how it works out ;-):D

Spot on.... I look forward to my invitation, I'm on "Hats4U" right now! ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well looks like I'm about to become a victim of the Bermondsey Brick dating scam.... bloke been all over me for the last few days, we were going to meet tonight, he WAd me from dawn until 11 last night, we had made loose arrangements to meet tonight, I WAd him this morning - nothing. WA'd him just now..... nothing again.

What is it with these folks who are so super keen on you & meeting up, and then when it comes to actually doing it or getting in touch - nada.

Here's hoping I'm proved wrong but I've been here before..... this whole stopping communication suddenly for no reason is absolute BS and needs to stop. Is there a secret society that gets off on this kind of shit? And these are men in their early 40s who do this to me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well looks like I'm about to become a victim of the Bermondsey Brick dating scam.... bloke been all over me for the last few days, we were going to meet tonight, he WAd me from dawn until 11 last night, we had made loose arrangements to meet tonight, I WAd him this morning - nothing. WA'd him just now..... nothing again.

What is it with these folks who are so super keen on you & meeting up, and then when it comes to actually doing it or getting in touch - nada.

Here's hoping I'm proved wrong but I've been here before..... this whole stopping communication suddenly for no reason is absolute BS and needs to stop. Is there a secret society that gets off on this kind of shit? And these are men in their early 40s who do this to me!

I feel for you MPG, and I have no idea why it's so difficult for people to be upfront as opposed to running off like a coward. I also have no idea how people can instantly switch from all over you to nothing. What's wrong with people huh? I'm almost embarrassed for them especially if they're grown adults and not teenage boys to scared to be honest.

Fingers crossed for you that this isn't as you suspect although you're clearly someone who's a little bit 'wise' to this kind of things.

I think basically some people are just arses. Yup, that's my summary for today.
  • Options
    Mel O'DramaticMel O'Dramatic Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh MissPG >:(

I think for a lot of people, and women are as guilty of this as men, it's about the thrill of the chase. They reel you in, then when they know they can get a date out of it, they run away. Not sure what the hell the point is but it's extremely cowardly and immature behaviour, sadly obviously not restricted to people in their 20s. It's almost like a competition they're having with themselves to see how many 'dates' they can score without actually leaving the house. As I said, utterly pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scratch that. He's just texted.

Sorry!!!! :D
  • Options
    Mel O'DramaticMel O'Dramatic Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Result
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, ok, scrap what I said just now!

Hurrah! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balls to scraping what you all said

you named it after me :( .....I find it offensive upsetting and stressful

but glad he texted you back

and im also glad that im not the only one that panics if they don't text :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh MissPG >:(

I think for a lot of people, and women are as guilty of this as men, it's about the thrill of the chase. They reel you in, then when they know they can get a date out of it, they run away. Not sure what the hell the point is but it's extremely cowardly and immature behaviour, sadly obviously not restricted to people in their 20s. It's almost like a competition they're having with themselves to see how many 'dates' they can score without actually leaving the house. As I said, utterly pointless.

yeah and I think ive spoken to most of em :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scratch that. He's just texted.

Sorry!!!! :D

LOL..... you buffoon! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry BB. Maybe we should call it the BBB - Bermondsey Brick's Bird syndrome!

I am telling you now - everything comes to (s) he who rants! As you were, thread......nothing to see here. Til later :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If everything came to those that rant then by this reckoning, I should basically have the whole world by now.

It hasn't happened yet but watch this space. :D

Adiós for now eH thread, I wish one and all a very pleasant weekend and success (where required) within the murky waters that is the dating world.
  • Options
    WoofyWoofy Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well here's an update from me .......

... Still no joy unfortunately. I've sent seven messages now, and not a dickie bird.

I'm glad I only signed up for the one month membership now, and I've already cancelled the auto renew as in my head I've already written it off.

Still, they do say good things happen when you least expect it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On me way back from a lovely date :) turned out that he was on a golf course all day (forgot that he was off) and tried to WA me bit couldn't. Anyway, we'll see.

Sorry BB for sny hurt caused, sorry for being a drama queen earlier(although with my history can you blame me??) & Woofy, keep at it. It's painful but takes more tha 7 messages sometimes. Just don't see it as 7 constant rejections, hard & all as it is not to. We've all been there x
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Woofy wrote: »
    Well here's an update from me .......

... Still no joy unfortunately. I've sent seven messages now, and not a dickie bird.

I'm glad I only signed up for the one month membership now, and I've already cancelled the auto renew as in my head I've already written it off.

Still, they do say good things happen when you least expect it.
    Don't get disheartened and try not to take it as a personal rejection, although it sure feels like it. Just keep on keeping on, eventually someone will respond. I wish you luck!:)

Online dating is a bit like playing roulette. I haven't got lucky yet, but I live in hope. The last date was lovely on text, Skype and phone. In real life, he wasn't very clean, and that, for me, is a deal breaker.
  • Options
    WoofyWoofy Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get disheartened and try not to take it as a personal rejection, although it sure feels like it. Just keep on keeping on, eventually someone will respond. I wish you luck!:)

Online dating is a bit like playing roulette. I haven't got lucky yet, but I live in hope. The last date was lovely on text, Skype and phone. In real life, he wasn't very clean, and that, for me, is a deal breaker.

Aww, thank you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I have a date next saturday with pof guy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have a coffee date arranged for three o clock

Crossing the ol fingers that the BB syndrome doesn't kick in
  • Options