Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    I think 13 points will be enough. 4 wins and a draw.

Remember earlier in the season when we would lose a game and someone will post in this thread about how Liverpool players are bottlers and pretenders etc etc.

Lol

Makes you laugh that a DS member created a Liverpool relegation thread when Rogers took over. :D
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think 13 points will be enough. 4 wins and a draw.

Remember earlier in the season when we would lose a game and someone will post in this thread about how Liverpool players are bottlers and pretenders etc etc.

Lol

I would think it's essential that all of the remaining games must be won. Just two dropped points could be the difference between winning the title and not.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes you laugh that a DS member created a Liverpool relegation thread when Rogers took over. :D

I wonder if next year, or a few years from now, we will have similar opinions on threads about Moyes? ;-)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Suarez doesn't celebrate with the team. Clearly has no team spirit. Unacceptable, get rid.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Spurs win their last 6 games 4-0 and we lose all ours 6-0,they'd still finish below us on goals scored and head-to-head! Who'd have thought that in August? :D
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

Suárez looks like he's enjoying that more than the others (looking at his right hand and facial expression). :p
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy Carroll ‏@AndyTCarroll 30m
    We were unlucky not to get something today against this seasons champions 🏆

You know, it's a shame to see the kind of player Allardyce has turned Carroll into. I still have a bit of love for the big guy due to his FA Cup exploits. That winner in the semis and his performance in the final makes him something of a cult hero to me.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Andy Carroll ‏@AndyTCarroll 30m
    We were unlucky not to get something today against this seasons champions 🏆

You know, it's a shame to see the kind of player Allardyce has turned Carroll into. I still have a bit of love for the big guy due to his FA Cup exploits. That winner in the semis and his performance in the final makes him something of a cult hero to me.

Nothing against him personally but was never good enough for us but if you play to his strengths he can be effective.

No place in Brendan Rodgers side where pace, mobility, technique are a requirement for a forward player.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A complete thread has vanished, 'Delay and minute's silence', anyone know why?
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »

The mods didn't get their cup of Pact coffee this morning?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think it's essential that all of the remaining games must be won. Just two dropped points could be the difference between winning the title and not.

True but say we draw v city I still think the title is on as long as we win the rest.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Weird. Last time I noticed it was a couple of hours ago when there was nothing controversial in it.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True but say we draw v city I still think the title is on as long as we win the rest.

A draw against city won't be good enough even if we win the rest
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member

Would like to know tbh as I had contributed to it and thought on the whole it was decent discussion tho there were a few controversial contributions -saying stuff like people need to move on or there is no need for the new inquest as we already know why the 96 died. I last saw it late afternoon today and imo there was nothing there justifying it to be deleted in its entirety. Weird.

But tbh you always get extreme views in all threads don't you - especially when LFC and related topics are being discussed - have looked at the thread about todays match and the anti LFC bitterness and complete lack of anything approaching balance is frightening - why are people so anti LFC?
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bloody hell!, calm down Sturridge, no need to go overboard.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »

That assumes MC win all their other games which include a match at Goodison - given the way EFC played today and what could be riding on that for EFC I don't think that is exactly a gimme so a draw V MC and a win V CFC could well be enough.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on chaps...a draw Vs City...Everton might beat them and that will be enough

Were going to win all the remaining games...show the confidence
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Come on chaps...a draw Vs City...Everton might beat them and that will be enough

Were going to win all the remaining games...show the confidence

My point exactley we don't want to relie on others doing us a favour so a draw next week won't ensure us winning the title
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Suarez doesn't celebrate with the team. Clearly has no team spirit. Unacceptable, get rid.

Get ready to eat your words just watch the game tonight, infact he celebrates every goal with the team, a lot of trolloing on here tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »

I think it well as I believe City will slip up elsewhere.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Get ready to eat your words just watch the game tonight, infact he celebrates every goal with the team, a lot of trolloing on here tonight.

*whooooosh*
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    *whooooosh*

Indeed :D

Henderson looks like a little kid being a plane :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alladyce is a funny one isn't he. Some aspects you can admire but a lot you can't lets say. To elaborate

Years ago he felt insulted when overlooked for the England job and has been quoted as saying he could manage Real Madrid. Then you look at the style of play adopted by his teams and you wonder about the guys self awareness. WHU used to have a reputation for trying to play football but now under Sam it is all about hoof it to Carroll and let it develop from there - mind you it got them back into the PL after Zola took them down and will keep them there so probably that makes him a 'success'. If I was a WHU fan tho I would have serious misgivings as Sams way is certainly not the traditional WHU way. Also Sam was one of SAFs biggest mates and was forever 'sucking up' to him which obviously did not endear him to me much but now SAF has gone I admit that he is a little easier to tolerate.

Also he does seem a little less reactionary these days than he has been at times in the ;past and he is good on things like nutrition ...etc so he clearly is on one level modern in his thinking. Also he was doing OK at Blackburn and was sacked in favour of Steve Keen by the Venkys which was bizarre as under Sam I am sure BRFC could have stayed in the PL.

I felt some measure of agreement with his interview after the match today in that it was calm and not a rant altho I feel as if there was a bit of a case for the second LFC pen - where I would think criticism is in order is that Taylor the ref could not possibly have seen it properly from where he was so it was clearly a guess and an effort to even things up after his obvious rick first half.
This discussion has been closed.