Options

Could Liverpool be the dominant force in English football for next few seasons?

Comments

• Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The team that has the most points is not necessarily the best team in the league.

At one point in the season, Arsenal were leading the table, not because they were the best team, but because they had the easiest fixtures at the start of the season, they're difficult fixtures would came later in the season.

If you want to know which team is the strongest, you got to look at others things like goals per game, goals conceded per game, average possession. Looks like Man City are the strongest and best team in the league, and I don't think many people would disagree with me.

As always, you never fail to deliver the goods. I bet you just explode if Liverpool lift up that trophy.
  • Options
    super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    As always, you never fail to deliver the goods. I bet you just explode if Liverpool lift up that trophy.

It is unlikely that Liverpool will lift the trophy but anything can happen.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Why do they deserve to win the title ??

They are top of the league, they have lost the least amount of games and scored the most goals, i don't want Liverpool to win the league but i can see they are the best team this season even if they have been extremely lucky at times. I personally think Liverpool won't win the league again for a few years, i'm not saying 24 years like this time but everything has fallen just right for them this season, but other teams will be back next season that is for sure.
  • Options
    TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Face it all you Liverpool haters Football is coming come ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    They are top of the league, they have lost the least amount of games and scored the most goals, i don't want Liverpool to win the league but i can see they are the best team this season even if they have been extremely lucky at times. I personally think Liverpool won't win the league again for a few years, i'm not saying 24 years like this time but everything has fallen just right for them this season, but other teams will be back next season that is for sure.

They could lose their next four games and end up in 5th place. Nobody deserves anything. Nothing is served to you on a silver plate. You have to work for everything.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    They could lose their next four games and end up in 5th place. Nobody deserves anything. Nothing is served to you on a silver plate. You have to work for everything.

yeah like thats gonna happen :D
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Talkman enters the thread and the shark has now been jumped.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea will do what they should have done a while back. Finally get rid of that useless lump who's best days were in a Liverpool shirt and buy a couple of top class strikers.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    This thread is........amusing.

I'm just postulating a scenario which I think has every chance of happening. I'm not starting a thread saying "LIVERPOOL GONNA DOMINATE LIKE DA GLORY DAYS!!! FACT11!1"

But do I think they have the potential to be the best and most consistent English side in the next few years? Yes. Its not knee jerk, its something I thought if they win the league this year they could do.

The progression they are making under Rodgers is remarkable. When United won the league in 06/07, a lot of people were commenting how it was Uniteds worst league side cos we had people like Alan Smith and an ageing Solskjaer etc.

But they had Ronaldo, and by keeping the core nucleus of that attack, they went on to win 2 more consecutive titles. If they keep Suarez (since he's literally the brains behind that attack), they could do the same. Man City and Chelsea are way too inconsistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    yeah like thats gonna happen :D

Why not ? Anything can happen. This is after all, the premier league.

Who knew that Sunderland would get a point at the Etihad and three points at Stamford Bridge ?
  • Options
    TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergies big claim of knocking Liverpool off their perch doesn't stand anymore
    Because he made David moyes the chosen one and Liverpool are about
    To reclaim their position on top of the perch :p
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Talkman enters the thread and the shark has now been jumped.

Talkman and super-eagle are like the most annoying yin and yang I've ever seen. :D
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    It is unlikely that Liverpool will lift the trophy but anything can happen.

Unlikely? Have a word with yerself .

Most Bookies have them at 1-4 and City at 4-1 then Chelsea at 20s
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    Talkman and super-eagle are like the most annoying yin and yang I've ever seen. :D

If you get the most points you deserve the title.

Well done if it happens.

End of story.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Liverpool have been pretty awesome this year, but I feel alot of it is down to not having european games.

If they dominate next season, and have an assult on the champions league as well I don't see them being as fresh everyweek. Unless they get a bigger squad.

If Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal & Man Utd didn't play in europe, i'm sure they would be as fresh as Liverpool are.

Taking nothing away from them though. They have been fantastic.

Most of the previous champions have been heavily involved in Europe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    Unlikely? Have a word with yerself .

Most Bookies have them at 1-4 and City at 4-1 then Chelsea at 20s

The bookies are always right, aren't they.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member

One swallow a summer does not make, just as one title does not make a team dominant.

Makes for a reasonably successful Friday night though
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Its this kind of crap that gets my pants in a bunch. On the verge of their first league title in 20+years and now they can dominate for years to come? Get one in the bag first eh?

I remember when City won their title and people said their money would mean no one would win it again ever.

Similar to what they said about Chelsea…..

Which was similar to what they said about Blackburn…

The fact that Liverpool could be winning the title this year is the very example of why no-one can say they are going to dominate because no-one say this coming this season in the first place.

No one said that, it was a question.
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing is won yet.

Still 4 massive games to go before I even think about the future.
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    The bookies are always right, aren't they.

Well I think they have a better understanding of what "unlikely" means than you do.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Talkman wrote: »
    Fergies big claim of knocking Liverpool off their perch doesn't stand anymore
    Because he made David moyes the chosen one and Liverpool are about
    To reclaim their position on top of the perch :p

Even if they win this year that's 19 titles. Still one behind if my maths are correct or maybe more if we follow the recent Spanish thread debacle
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get the most points you deserve the title.

Well done if it happens.

End of story.

Getting crazy this place isn't it.

Imagine if England have a good World Cup too.

Doesn't bare thinking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    Well I think they have a better understanding of what "unlikely" means than you do.

Good for you .
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »

Like Laurel and Hardy without the laughs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talkman wrote: »
    Unless your man city and have sugar daddy owners. :)

Football clubs generate money from fans. Man City happen to have a fan who has access to a fortune worth £400 billion. Now stop being jealous.