Eastenders - Suspension of Reality (Merged)

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
Forum Member
✭✭
Being as there is one for Corrie , how about one for EE

How can the Licence of the pub change hands twice in a couple of week , The licence has to be granted by a Magistrate , it also has to be advertised just in case there are objections :confused:

Comments

• ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being as there is one for Corrie , how about one for EE

How can the Licence of the pub change hands twice in a couple of week , The licence has to be granted by a Magistrate , it also has to be advertised just in case there are objections :confused:

You,re probably correct about that! Someone tried to start an EE Suspension of Reality thread once before, but it was never carried on, however, as most people on this forum think EE is wonderful. :rolleyes:
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could point out dozens , if the fans cant see them it just shows the amount of prejudice is on here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Heather back working in the launderette? George is only about 3 or 4 months old, surely she would still be on maternity leave, and who looks after him, Shirley struts around the Square with no baby with her, either:confused: Also, she would be better off on benefits, but that,s EE , no one ever claims beneifits, they all have to work in rubbish jobs for a pittance.
  • z1oey83z1oey83 Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    You,re probably correct about that! Someone tried to start an EE Suspension of Reality thread once before, but it was never carried on, however, as most people on this forum think EE is wonderful. :rolleyes:

I love ee and i am an ee myself spent the first 20 years of my life in E10 and eastenders is NOTHING like the real thing if it was there would be more drugs stories, ALOT more ethnic families ,and most people including anyone upto the age of about 40 would speak just like fatboy! the most realistic families in ee are Bianca and children, the Masoods (who are great) and my now no 1 realistic eastender fatboy the only true (almost) portrayal of an eastend teenager in the whole program!
    apologies in advance for any sp mistakes :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love EE precisely because it involves a suspension of reality. It's entertaining.

Trying to work out where all the babies are is especially fun. I don't know why the writers keep making everyone up the duff, because they don't know what to do with these babies when they're born! George, as someone said above. And I never quite know where Amy is either.

Others: Why is Libby home from Oxford again? Why is DI Marsden sitting in a car all day, everyday? Is that how murder investigations work nowdays, two officers sitting in a car?
  • when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    On the Libby front... just for the record Oxford have 8 week terms so she'd barely be away and I am currently at uni and have 6 hours a week across 3 days. thats my entire timetable!
  • kathplatformkathplatform Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread isn't taking off because EE is proberly one of the most realistic soaps out the whole lot, except Home and Away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does a woman of Dot,s age( mid 70,s) still go out to work? Surely with a disabled husband and a small child to look after, she would have enough on her plate, and she,s always babysitting for other people, as well. Yet, she still finds time to paint her fingernails bright red.:rolleyes:
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    z1oey83 wrote: »
    no 1 realistic eastender fatboy the only true (almost) portrayal of an eastend teenager in the whole program!

I agree nobody under the age of 40 speaks with a cockney accent anymore. They all speak Jamockney like fatboy.
  • MutintaMutinta Posts: 9,974
    Forum Member
    galentine wrote: »
    Trying to work out where all the babies are is especially fun. I don't know why the writers keep making everyone up the duff, because they don't know what to do with these babies when they're born! George, as someone said above. And I never quite know where Amy is either.
    The babies just appear randomly and there always seems to be someone willing to take care of them. Why was George with Patrick last week? :confused:
    And isn't Amy almost 15 months old? Yet when we last saw her she was still a small baby. And in the family photo was wearing a baby gro. If a 15 month old was left upstairs in the Vic by themselves, as she is, they would have fallen down the stairs by now. But I guess baby-proofing your flat isn't as important as painting the Vic fuschia :D

I love Eastenders though, even with all it's flaws (no one ever working outside of the Square and people rarely actually going to work).
    Forum Member
    there anothing thing everybody I know owns there own washing machine the launderette on my old estate shut down about 17 years ago because of lack of buisness! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread isn't taking off because EE is proberly one of the most realistic soaps out the whole lot, except Home and Away

Realistic!!:D Apart from the fact no one does their own washing, and no one is allowed to work outside the Square, everyone is either skint or has a never ending supply of money. And what about a dead body lying under a pile of earth in the middle of the Square, and no ones noticed. Wouldn,t the cats or dogs be sniffing and scraping around it?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

Yes,it really is a true snapshot of the East End ;):p
    Forum Member
    Realistic!!:D Apart from the fact no one does their own washing, and no one is allowed to work outside the Square, everyone is either skint or has a never ending supply of money. And what about a dead body lying under a pile of earth in the middle of the Square, and no ones noticed. Wouldn,t the cats or dogs be sniffing and scraping around it?

You forgot everyone has a 7 bedroom house to house all of the long lost relatives that turn up each week ;)
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    I agree nobody under the age of 40 speaks with a cockney accent anymore. They all speak Jamockney like fatboy.

Na-a-a-mean!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why's everyone so hung up with soaps reflected reality. Each of the main soaps are so far fetched it's untrue, but it shouldn't detract from the soap. My main gripes are the quality, not of the stories, but how they are written.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is a TV programme. Its not real. Deal with it!
    Forum Member
    Martacus wrote: »
    Why's everyone so hung up with soaps reflected reality. Each of the main soaps are so far fetched it's untrue, but it shouldn't detract from the soap. My main gripes are the quality, not of the stories, but how they are written.

we're not hung up on it we just like to discuss it, I am a BIG fan of ee its the only soap I watch (stopped watchin neighbour when it went to 5) but it is funny, EE is back to its best I think and if it was trying to hard to be realistic it would probably be pretty boring, people queing at the job centre instead of the chippie and most people just dossing around doin pretty much nothing :D
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian's loan to Phill did not have to repaid as Beale is not a registered Money lender and there was no contract
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutinta wrote: »
    The babies just appear randomly and there always seems to be someone willing to take care of them. Why was George with Patrick last week? :confused:
    And isn't Amy almost 15 months old? Yet when we last saw her she was still a small baby. And in the family photo was wearing a baby gro. If a 15 month old was left upstairs in the Vic by themselves, as she is, they would have fallen down the stairs by now. But I guess baby-proofing your flat isn't as important as painting the Vic fuschia :D

I love Eastenders though, even with all it's flaws (no one ever working outside of the Square and people rarely actually going to work).

Isn't Patrick Georges Godfather?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about billy mitchell? he,s been in the programme for years. he,s always looking for a job and can,t get one. he,s always looking for a home and can,t get one, but you get new characters starting every other month, who find work and a place to stay almost immediately.
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martacus wrote: »

But the thing is they never used to be so far fetched, but were still hugely popular and entertaining, and IMO more entertaining. They were realistic. EE was gritty, Corrie was a bit tamer but had a humour and charm. Emmerdale was very tame until the plane crash.
  • BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think EE should go back to doing what it does best storielines based on real life not who murdered who or whos having whos baby, not exactly real life as soap arent real life they are a reflection of real life.
  • Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote: »
    But the thing is they never used to be so far fetched, but were still hugely popular and entertaining, and IMO more entertaining. They were realistic. EE was gritty, Corrie was a bit tamer but had a humour and charm. Emmerdale was very tame until the plane crash.

Yep I agree. I didn't watch eastenders in the 80s as I was born in 88, but i prefer the realistic storylines. Stories such as Lucas burying owen under a tree is a bit of fun, but it's not eastenders as it used to be.

I think eastenders is great right now, because it's focusing on real issues such as Ronnie and Roxy's mum, plus Janine and Pat, and also the gay muslim affair. This is what watch eastenders for.

I don't mind about the washing machines, as it was always a focal point for gossiping. Take it away, and you might as well take away Big Ben from London:D
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Realistic!!:D Apart from the fact no one does their own washing, and no one is allowed to work outside the Square

This isn't true.

The Mitchells, Patrick, Max and Tanya have their own washing machines.

Both Max and Bradley had jobs outside the square, and Masala Masood is elsewhere too.