DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't wait cycle 16 starts 23rd of Feb.:D

Comments

• magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are you going to watch it sweetie? You Tube? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Wait, are you DSL1 from rtvg?
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girls have been announced... looks like another 'High Fashion' cycle. Vogue is back.

They have quite a variety this cycle. Some are very odd I think... *ahum* Kasia... shes also 26...
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, I've been checking in looking for the next set of girls from ages. :) The girls all look really good again. The last two seasons have been such an improvement on cycles 7-14.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandria - I like her, but I wonder if her lovely hair is making me like her more.
    Angelia - She's alright, but honestly, she's a bit bland
    Brittani - I like her. She's not quite my favourite, but I like her!
    Dalya - The more I see her, the more I like her! I think she's the most naturally attractive
    Dominique - Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but ew
    Hannah - I'm on the fence, but she's got potential
    Jaclyn - I don't like this picture, but I think she's worth keeping a while
    Kasia - Yikes, ugly face, and ugly pose. I hope it's just a bad shot though...
    Mikaela - I keep forgetting her. She's alright, but doesn't stand out to me
    Molly - I don't really like her all that much to be honest. I hate her pose
    Monique - A bit bland, but I don't hate her!
    Nicole - Wasn't crazy about her full-shot, but looking at a facial close up won me over
    Ondrei - Really like her look, but she's quite short. Makeover could make or break her
    Sara - Not a fan sadly. She could go early and I wouldn't mind.

My favourite is Dalya, and I really like Alexandria and Brittani too!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Meet the new 'America's Next Top Model' cast!
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a301885/meet-the-new-americas-next-top-model-cast.html

Clearly the girl working the picture best is Hannah right in the middle. She's the only one working her face, while pretty much all the others are thinking 'let me just stick out ma booty and show ma legs cos i wanna be well sexy init'. :rolleyes:

The group pic doesn't do some of them much justice, especially Dominique, Mikaela, Nicole and Alexandria. They look like younger sisters of the others, certainly appearing to be missing a couple of inches.

Kasia reminds me of Amis (cycle 10) there.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kjZv4TjOvRw/S7kCCC6OotI/AAAAAAAAACc/tdXwHisgzfM/s1600/Amis-Makeover-americas-next-top-model-870000_626_507.jpg
    I think she'll be similar to Amis, judging by her bio on the cw site, by having a big personality but lacking focus infront of the camera.

It's amazing how many girls names have actually been used on top model through the years, feels like there's hardly any names left that haven't appeared. Seems like the only ones that are left are the weird, bizzare names that you've never heard in your life, never mind on top model. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meet the new 'America's Next Top Model' cast!
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a301885/meet-the-new-americas-next-top-model-cast.html

Clearly the girl working the picture best is Hannah right in the middle. She's the only one working her face, while pretty much all the others are thinking 'let me just stick out ma booty and show ma legs cos i wanna be well sexy init'. :rolleyes:

The group pic doesn't do some of them much justice, especially Dominique, Mikaela, Nicole and Alexandria. They look like younger sisters of the others, certainly appearing to be missing a couple of inches.

Kasia reminds me of Amis (cycle 10) there.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kjZv4TjOvRw/S7kCCC6OotI/AAAAAAAAACc/tdXwHisgzfM/s1600/Amis-Makeover-americas-next-top-model-870000_626_507.jpg
    I think she'll be similar to Amis, judging by her bio on the cw site, by having a big personality but lacking focus infront of the camera.

It's amazing how many girls names have actually been used on top model through the years, feels like there's hardly any names left that haven't appeared. Seems like the only ones that are left are the weird, bizzare names that you've never heard in your life, never mind on top model. ;)

I bet there are a lot of drastic makeovers this cycle. There's far to many girls with long black hair. :p There's quite a few I wouldn't like to see made over though. Alexandria and Nicole actually look really good as blonds, and Jaclyn as a black.

I really hope they don't cut Dalya's hair too, but I'm totally convinced they will. I think Mikaela and Monique are in the most need of a change. They really blend into the background for me

Surely the most common name has to be Sarah/Sara. I think the majority of seasons have a Sarah. :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole is a very common name too, I think? Lots of cycles with a Nicole in it!

Looking forward to Ondrei the most, I think... She looks beautiful... Expecting them to give her really long hair though. Hannah and Dalya are looking good too...

Not liking the look of Dominique (:o) Jaclyn or Sara, i'm afraid. Jaclyn's full-body shot is REALLY unflattering, in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole is a very common name too, I think? Lots of cycles with a Nicole in it!

Looking forward to Ondrei the most, I think... She looks beautiful... Expecting them to give her really long hair though. Hannah and Dalya are looking good too...

Not liking the look of Dominique (:o) Jaclyn or Sara, i'm afraid. Jaclyn's full-body shot is REALLY unflattering, in my opinion.

I agree regarding Jaclyn, but I think she has potential. I hope she doesn't turn into an Aminat, and doesn't deliver.

Also, just a point, but I wonder if we should request that "US pace" be added into the title of this thread? I think it confuse a hell of a lot of people, either now, or when this cycle eventually airs on Living.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The american preview if you haven't seen it: (Note: Contains Spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQDNN-_csw
    I believe the girl at the end with the whole "Are these killer bees?" "Are they trained?" is Jaclyn. If it is her, then omg. I don't know if I'll be able to stand her! She sounds like she is going to get the drop dead stupid edit... :S
    Forum Member
    I thought I saw a glimpse of Alasia in the preview then *shudder* Thankfully it wasn't her!
    Good to see that none of the girls are those moany types who always complain about stuff lol.
    trained killer bees.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that photoshoot idea. It's just pure evil. Kind of makes snakes and spiders look tame. :D
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    My favourite's so far are Angelia, Mikaela, Nicole, Dayla and Brittani.
    Forum Member
    Looks like the spoilers are doing their rounds already :D
    I know some people hate spoilers but with ANTM I like knowing ahead, hey at least it prepares you for possible disappointment. ;)

It's already named the minor details of the first episode, like the bottom two/eliminee/first callout ect. I wonder if they get it right. ;)
    SPOILER: The names mentioned for them are:
    Angelia..........Dominique........Molly.......1 is first callout, other 2 is bottom two

Just tell me to STFU if you don't want any spoilers, even in the spoiler tags, at all, and I'll keep them to myself in future. ;)
    Forum Member
    And for those that don't like guesswork. :D

First callout is apparently
    .............Molly..........
    Which looks good for her as anyone who gets the first first-callout always makes it at least to the top 7/8.

As far as who is in danger and who goes.
    SPOILER It hasn't been confirmed but.......
    Dominique appears to be in a clip from another episode and has had a makeover change, which doesn't really look good for Angelia does it!!!
    Forum Member
    New promo done by Tyra.

Very funny. :D
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s68/americas-next-top-model/news/a305397/video-tyra-does-americas-next-top-model.html

"My favourite designer is Hello Kitty"

"Let me start off by saying that I don't want to be here."
    And the tongue action at the end just tops it off. :p:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Here are the photos from their first shoot

x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    So, has anyone watched the first episode?

I watched it this morning, thought it was good overall.

Was quite surprised at who got eliminated, would have much preferred the other one in the bottom 2 to have gone... Don't much like her look or personality!

There are some very interesting looking girls, I liked Kasia, Brittani and Hannah most :)
    Forum Member
    Just watched it now. :) They seem to have made alot of changes. I really felt happy for the girls when they found out they weren't all being sent home.

It really does show just how wrong first impressions can be. Who would have thought that Alexandria would be so kind of cocky and forthright, especially from her pre-show pic where she looks rather meek and looks a likely candidate to be under-the-radar and forgotten about.
    That girl turned out to be Nicole, who pretty much got ignored by everyone - the editors, judges ect
    She was blander than I thought she would be, and she was lucky to escape the bottom two.

Molly's pre-show shot does nothing for her. She really is much more striking, though in quite an understated way. Her face in the backstage pics, including Hannah's shot, were absolutely stunning. She deserved her first callout. :)

It was a shame Angelia went, but she was stuck in the 'too sexy look' with nothing shining from within. I was actually glad Dominique stayed, she has a funny personality and her picture was actually rather good.

Right now my faves are Molly, Brittani, Jaclyn and Mikaela.
    Didn't expect Jaclyn's personality to be so sweet and mouse-like. ;)
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow strong cycle

I like the new format how they chopped out casting week, that runway was RIDICULOUS!:eek:

The girls are very strong, so many blonds!,Im sure Tyra will ruin them all in makeovers:mad:

The girl who went home, I was suprised , I thought it of been the girl she commented on that looked like she phtographed 10 years plus as she had a non existant edit, but then Tyra found her on a site and her preview pic was very good(Nicole) The girl who did go im sure she looked really goodon the photoshoot but Tyra does hate on the conventionally pretty

Good groups of girls! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Yeah I was sure Nicole was going after that photo disaster, honestly can't have been her best one :confused: all I could make out was a lot of dark blurred stuff and the top of her face in the background.

Loved Brittani's photo, and Alexandria's, even though her personality wasn't the nicest... Which is unfortunate, as I really liked her look in the group photo!

The one thing that really p*ssed me off though was the bit at the beginning showing clips from later on in the season. So we already knew who'd get through and what some of the makeovers are :mad: hmph.

I love the stupid runway ideas they keep coming up with :D so unrealistic, like the treadmill one from cycle 15 or the pendulum one from 14, but watching people fall over is always funny... Haha.
    Forum Member
    Watching Ondrei and Dominique falling arse over tit in their bubbles made me howl. There was a certain comfort watching it knowing that they pretty much couldn't get hurt.

Whereas in the past when girls have fallen on the runway I couldn't help but gasp or make 'ooooo' and 'aaaah' noises.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Nicole was a goner too. She deserved it. Appalling picture. It was just a blur.

Based on pictures liked - Brittani, Mikaela, Alexandria.

I thought Mollys was a bit cliche actually.

Also quite liked Jaclyn. She can look kind of stunning when she pulls her hair back.:)
    Forum Member
    Looking at various forums, it's interesting seeing how people's views have changed on certain girls.

In the battle of the blondes for instance.
    Alexandria vs Molly vs Nicole
    It seems most people wrote off Alexandria and Molly as cannon fodder and Nicole was the blonde to watch. My how things have changed. ;)

Personally, from my first impressions/guesstimations to my opinions now:
    Alexandria - (before) under-the-radar, no personality edit, would be severely disregarded by judges, elimination prediction - week 1-3. (now) majorly confident, kind of full of herself, may be the one to cause the most conflict, has quite a bit of talent from what we've seen, elimination prediction - top 6.
    Molly - (before) not naturally talented, rather plain, forgettable, wishy-washy edit, elimination prediction - week 5. (now) much more striking, highly photogenic, lots of natural talent, elimination prediction - at least top 4.
    Nicole - (before) striking, quirky style, hidden talent, elimination prediction - possible winner. (now) bland personality, poor edit, practically ignored, not naturally striking or talented, elimination prediction - week 2 (yep, next week!!!!) :eek:

Leave out Kasia, or should I say 'Kasha'. (Hands up who's been pronouncing her name 'Kas-eye-a' or 'Kas-ee-a' since the girls were first announced? :D )
    She's not much different to how I expected, although I did think she'd be all personality with not much talent to back it up, and she'd be a bit of a clusterf*ck if I'm honest (I mean I did compare her to Amis last week ;) ) But she's got alot of experience and isn't all bravado like I thought she would be.
    She's too interesting to leave soon, I expect her to at least make it overseas.