ANTM Cycle 16

Comments

• javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasia surprised me! I didn't like her preshoot shot or really this weeks photo. But she is pretty interesting...

I quite liked Angelia's photo :o It was sutble but nice.

Stupid runway, cringed when they fell :o
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the premiere. My favourites are Alexandria, Brittani, Mikaela, Hannah and Dalya.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    After watching the premier my favourite is Dominique just for personality reasons and Jaclyn aswell. My favourite in terms of being a serious model are Brittani, Dayla, Monique and Mikaela.

As much as i liked Angelia i think her elimination was deserved, as gorgeous as she was in her promo photo she never delivered that on the photoshoot she just seemed to smile most of the time plus she looked different on screen than to what she looked like in that photo.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was okay with Angelia going also. She reminded me slightly of Michelle Rodriguez which isn't a good thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, as a first ep - enjoyable. I like the whole change to casting week and have overall enjoyed the high fashion cycles.

It's way too early to actually have a critique of the girls but if they stand out to me now, they're doing a good job. I don't have names, so am going with features, but really liked 'Boy', 'Freckles', 'Baby' and 'Plus Size'. There are a few others I think are good but names escape me. We'll see how they do over the coming weeks.

Thought the right girl went - pretty but a bit blah.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    We kind of fell straight into the deep end within the first few minutes of the episode with Ondrei's story. :eek:
    Actually alot of girls got main focus in this episode - Nicole, Ondrei, Dalya, Molly, Jaclyn, and also Alexandria and Monique were shown, mostly complaining about others. ;)

The only one who I feel has been totally ignored so far is Sara. Have we even heard her speak yet? :confused:

I didn't like the opening credits, wish they'd have changed them up by now.
    I felt alot of the girls don't look like themselves or they simply look out of whack. Not complimentary to any of them at all.

I predicted Nicole would go home, I felt bad for her, but she did seem rather bland. After all that build-up about whether Ondrei's photo is the worst or not, I hoped that it was the worst so that there would be a happy ending to the episode after it was dragged out so much.

As if Molly was deserving of being in the bottom 3. Her picture was a first callout contender, although I did see what the judges meant. But it was clearly better than Kasia's, Dominique's and Sara's.
    I guess it could mean that Molly is not winning this thing as it appears that she has no major support from any of the judges if she can fall that far down based on that photo. :(

And lol at whoever it was who stabbed themself in the eye with their make-up when the girls were getting ready. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Nicole :o She reminded me slightly of Chantal a little...

Am I the only one who thought Dominique's photo was horrible? :eek: THey are loved it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Knew Nicole was going just from the edit she got in the episode :mad: anytime someone starts talking about how they're going to work on what the judges criticised and do better in the next shoot because they REFUSE to be in the bottom two again, you can be fairly sure they're leaving.

I don't think Nicole's photo looked that bad actually, IMO Alexandria looks much older :confused: but it was clear after last week that the judges weren't really on her side. From her pics and edit though she came across as really incompetent, which she most definitely isn't, as her pre-show work is incredible - she's even shot for Elle magazine (will scout around for the pics later).

Felt really bad for Ondrei, her leaving speech was very classy though and I won't be surprised to see her again in a couple of years time. Am surprised Tyra didn't drag out the drama though with the whole elimination/no elimination thing, we all know what she's like :D

My favourite so far is Brittani (although having seen that clip in the last episode of her makeover all I can say is OH GOD NO), quite like Hannah, Kasia and Molly too. Think it was a bit stupid that Molly was in the bottom 3, Dominique's photo and Sara's photo were far worse in my opinion...

Again, seeing Andre Leon Talley criticise the girls for 'overkilling' their outfits while wearing that bloody stupid hat thing was just irritating beyond belief :eek:

EDIT: Some of Nicole's pre-show work: http://www.rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=1808979&postcount=3

This is the Elle shoot: http://www.rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=1811921&postcount=202

Other stuff: http://www.rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=1811937&postcount=205

http://www.rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=1811905&postcount=198

http://www.rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=1812003&postcount=217
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ;)I liked the episode and loved the photoshoot, Jacklyn is adorable (killer bee,s:D)

Shame about onderi, she reminded me of cute Sundai, I think the task rocked her and i think if she sat down and was rational she would of stayed

Alexnadria is intresting, first bitch for a while who takes good photos so we might have her a while, shame Monique is taking the obnoxious route to too,:sleep: as she is beautiful!

Great pics from kooky hannah, the one with the angles and jaw( MIkalea?)and Alexandria:cool:

Dominique needs hair in her shots as it wast good, And hopefully Dalya brings it back!

Oh and come on Molly;)

( oh WOW at Nicoles photos above, Tyra missed out there ):o:eek:
    Forum Member
    It might be a bit childish but Hannah's last name is Shitz. :o
    Bet that's a pain in the arse to tell people.

She deserved her first callout though. I loved it how she was very quick to let the judges know that she wasn't crying in her picture because she was freaking out at the photoshoot, she was just pulling inspiration from the challenge they had. Smart girl. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sad for Nicole too. She just kept getting knocked for looking old and then looked so crushed in the end when she got eliminated. Her pictures were completely dead though.

I didn't really like Hannah's picture. Or Dominiques. Or Kasias. Agree that Molly didn't deserve bottom 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see why they didn't just say "Nicole, your picture is the worst, but you know what, here's a second chance" - it just seemed cruel to tell the girls that they might all be staying, but then not let them.
    Forum Member
    lol Alexandria was such a hot mess this episode. Was good to see another side to her though except just being evil. :D Infact I think we witnessed every side to Alexandria and it was a scary sight. :eek:
    I think Monique has realized that she is not even in Alexandria's league when it comes to being the cycle bee-atch.

Molly's weave had me howling with laughter.
    Twisted Sister: http://iconvsicon.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dee_snider_3.jpg
    When she let loose in the car and in her confessional about it I think she became my total fave of the cycle.

It was good for Sara to finally get some attention, she almost hogged all the editing, making us think she was going home. She seems like a nice and interesting person though.
    I didn't dislike Dominique but with her gone it feels like the competition can really step up a gear.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is the first time that makeovers they have like basically all stayed the same colour they was originally :eek: very mild hair cuts, brittianis bob looked cute and the rest just had thicker hair in them,mollys weave !:o:D last years colours and make overs were too radical!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, makeovers were pretty bland... minus Mollys and Brittani's...

I mean... Jaclyn just got extra curls?!!
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    none of the makeovers stood out for me, except for brittani's and mollys...
    Forum Member
    LOL when Alexandria was complaining to the hairdresser all I could think was "stfu, they're professionals, they clearly know what they're doing"... And then they did that to Molly :D :O omg. Her reaction was hilarious but God I felt sorry for her. She definitely should have won first photo though! (Totally biased admittedly, Alexandria is a cow).

Was convinced Sara was going when we actually got to hear her speak, am glad she didn't though. She looks A LOT better with that hair imo, so I hope she feels more confident about it in next week's ep. Not really that bothered that Dominique left, wasn't a fan.

I do really like Kasia but her mouth is really starting to bother me. It reminds me of a fish mouth, constantly downturned! Not sure what she could do about that though really... Shutting it would be a start, the judges liked her photo but the whole mouth-hanging-open thing looked a tad gormless to me.
    Forum Member
    I just love what a total psycho Alexandria is :D I don't think it's necessarily arrogance (which I can't stand) it's more that she's a stubbornly over-bearing control-freak.

It was good to see Kasia use her expertise and do well for a change, up to now her professionalism has just made her seem boring and uninspiring.
    Now that Sara's gone, it's so hard to predict who will go next.
    I didn't really get the Dalya-hype, on the runway I thought she looked like a zombie, just a total blank expression, I thought other girls, especially Brittani, did better.
  • roastyroasty Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else find Nigel's irrational hatred for girls who 'speak out of turn' vaguely misogynistic... ? I'm trying to think if that's the right word or whether it's simply a power trip. I find the condescension of the panel really distasteful - I know they're all 'professionals' (although let's face it Nigel's photography career didn't exactly set the world alight, and I wonder how much he and Tyra actually work in fashion these days) but the girls are treated like schoolchildren who are never in the right. I'm not defending Alexandria's behaviour by any means, but you could see Nigel bristle at the story of one of the girls stepping out of line. I remembered back to poor old Jenah from one of the earlier seasons who teased him once which went down like a cold bag of sick.

Models are there to be seen and not heard, I suppose, and they're going into an industry which objectifies them anyway. I think Tyra's half-arsed pretense at being motherly is wearing a bit thin, though, it's clear she doesn't give a shit.
    Forum Member
    I literally want to adopt Jaclyn, she's adorable!

Quite sad that Sara left even though her look wasn't my favourite and she was fairly crap, I was in stitches when she mimicked Tyra :D

Also not really getting the Dalya hype, thought Brittani was better, WHY in the name of arse was she in the bottom 3?! Her commercial would have been much better had the camera actually been on her while she was speaking. Alexandria's OTT commercial made me cringe.

Wish they'd give Molly normal hair for a change, it looked insane at judging, I'm not surprised she looked pissed off.

I howled with laughter when Miss J said "and we're going to be SETTING YOU ON FIRE TOO", bloody hell they clearly won't stop with the ridiculous gimmicks until someone dies! Kasia's walk was hilarious but I did like her commercial.

No idea who'll be out next but going by what the judges have said it'll probably be someone like Mikaela or Monique... I can see Alexandria being the Jade of this season, she's had the token bottom 2 appearance so it'll all be uphill for her from here... (wonderful :mad:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Monique or Mikaela going next too. Personally I found Kasia's acting in the commerical to be a little hammy?

I am liking this cycle though. Good group and it's unpredictable compared to last years Ann-fest. I actually quite like Alexandra, I find her interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alexandria is fabulous. A total cow, but she's just immense in every other way. :D She obviously won't win, but I'm more than happy to keep her around, because in terms of performance she's top three this cycle. (With Brittani and Molly) I can handle mean girls if they deliver, and in fairness, she isn't really that mean to the other girls - she's hostile, but apart from the chicken thing, just seems totally aloof.

I was kind of sad to see Sara go, but she probably deserved it based on her performance so far. I liked her, but she just wasn't producing. Also, dare I say it, but I think Jaclyn is by some margin the weakest girl left now - well, her and Kasia, who at very least pulled off a good commercial. I really just don't care for Jaclyn. I find the high voice little girl personality off-putting more than endearing. She's 20, but acts 10. Kasia has one look in all her pictures, and

Kind of feel like Monique will go next. I actually quite like her - she's quite dry and bitchy, and has the type of personality that I love on a reality show, but she has been kind of in the middle all the way so far, and I think one bad shoot will eliminate her. I could see it maybe being Mikaela too - I had high hopes for her, but she's been a bit blah for the last few weeks.

My favourite is still Brittani - she wasn't great this week, but she has a great little portfolio so far. Hannah is also my dark horse, but to be honest, she wouldn't be a great winner for a high fashion season.

I think final six and going overseas will be: Alexandria, Brittani, Dalya, Hannah, Jaclyn, Molly. Or maybe Kasia - the judges seem to love her, which is just beyond me. :p
    Forum Member
    Alexandria for the win <3

Just kidding. :D But she is incredibly funny, unlike Monique who is just a typical high school mean girl who tuts and rolls her eyes :rolleyes: at you and is majorly catty behind your back. Reading Alexandria's diary just about sums up her general attitude.
    As usual on top model, the girls wanting Alexandria to go home so bad just makes me want her to stay longer. I hope she makes top 6, based on performance she probably deserves to anyway.

I thought the right person went home, even though I felt bad for her. Dalya never really impressed me, although I don't think Molly should have been in the bottom two. In the bottom three maybe, but I think Mikaela should have been there instead. Mikaela seems to have been floating along for ages now. I think she needs a wake-up call, even though I do like her. ;)

Right now I'd say the 3 weakest are Monique, Mikaela and Kasia.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Was following the series and completely forgot about coming on to DS and talking about it!

Alexandria and Monique are such bitches, but such entertaining ones... well Alexandria at least. Bit shocked Dalya went, but she never really excited or interested me in any way, but I thought she'd last longer than she did. On the whole not disappointed with anyone going so far which is refreshing after the ludicrous elimination of Rhianna in Cycle 15.

So far my favourites are Hannah and Brittani, and Mikhaela is absolutely stunning, but she's not performing to her best.

Oh and Molly's weave is a whole new breed of ugly...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Monique and the other girls were completely vile in reading Alexandria's diary and then all laughing about it together. I felt bad for her at that point.