James Arthur: "Kingsland Road make me cringe"

Comments

• trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is far too grotesque-looking to be a popstar. One album wonder at best. Like the monster from The Goonies, as someone far brighter than I managed to coin.

:D:D:D

Kingsland are pretty woeful, too.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a bit of a dour humourless git, isn't he? Not that I disagree with him about Kingsland Road.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally someone has spoken the truth - that band is extremely cringeworthy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Lol at people on here bashing him for giving his opinion. Big deal. It seems this is the only place I've seen so much hate directed to him which comes as no surprise really. Besides I don't disagree with him at all, Kingsland Road are quite awful.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is wrong with people? I'm pretty certain that most members here have said worse things about the acts; whether it be in this series, a previous series or about James himself. Just because he's famous shouldn't mean he's suddenly not allowed to express his opinion surely? I actually disagree with him for the record, but I don't see the problem with him being honest about it, it's actually refreshing to see.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is wrong with people? I'm pretty certain that most members here have said worse things about the acts; whether it be in this series, a previous series or about James himself. Just because he's famous shouldn't mean he's suddenly not allowed to express his opinion surely? I actually disagree with him for the record, but I don't see the problem with him being honest about it, it's actually refreshing to see.

Achingly desperate-to-be-credible X Factor acts (the jokes write themselves!) never go down well, James Arthur = Matt Cardle 2.0.

It's not about him not "being allowed to express his opinion", more that's he has a rather big-headed view of himself - especially for someone who has only released a cover. Unless he can keep it cute, he should remain mute. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what he comes across as is an arrogant asswhole. more and mroe with everything he says. it doesn't require media training to be respectful, but it seems to be something he point blank refuses to be, despite getting all upity and prissy when the table's turned on him.
    he's in the public eye. he KNOWS the reaction the shit he spews gets. and it's for that reason that i'm convinced he spews it. i never had much of an opinion on his personality while he was on the show, but since then.....wow, he's a dick! to everyone he sees as an easy target.

he can cry and cry about how "authentic" and better than everyone one else he is, but he's nothing more than a whiney, hypocritical attention seeker. didn't give a rats when he won, but his attitude since then has catapulted him to being my least favourite ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no, it's not at all about him not being allowed to express an opinion. people up and down the country can like or dislike who they want - no one else is gonna care.
    it's about how he carries himself and his complete derision for others whom he seems to deam 'below him'. he takes underhand swipes at people he thinks are easy.

it's not his opinion i don't like about him, it's his attitude.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is asked his opinion on things in interview, and gives an honest answer. I quite like the fact he doesnt come across as hellishly over media trained. I may not always agree with him (indeed his constant swearing at birmingham fusion festival - a family festival, was embarrassing), but better him than Leona 'amazing' Lewis.
    This was on twitter so it was unprompted. He wasn't pushed into saying it.

Achingly desperate-to-be-credible X Factor acts (the jokes write themselves!) never go down well, James Arthur = Matt Cardle 2.0.

It's not about him not "being allowed to express his opinion", more that's he has a rather big-headed view of himself - especially for someone who has only released a cover. Unless he can keep it cute, he should remain mute. :p
    scamrasc wrote: »
    no, it's not at all about him not being allowed to express an opinion. people up and down the country can like or dislike who they want - no one else is gonna care.
    it's about how he carries himself and his complete derision for others whom he seems to deam 'below him'. he takes underhand swipes at people he thinks are easy.

it's not his opinion i don't like about him, it's his attitude.

These two sum up what I think of him and his outspoken behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with James. Although I can't see them being voted off this weekend. Their fan base is too big for a week 2 exit.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James needs to be a bit careful here - slagging off other acts isn't going to make him popular plus he'll lose a lot of fans if he carries on like this. BUT I do agree with him - I find Kingsland Road very cheesy and cringeworthy
  • bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People come on here & slag him off because hes just slagged some boyband off, big deal he's just speaking his mind & good on him, total respect for his honesty.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh this old argument, there is opinion and then their is vitriol and James has spewed a lot. Sure he can say what he wants but surely he should also expect comeback from people who have an opinion of him. As the old saying goes. If can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Basically if he can't stand people questioning his "opinion" then its best he keeps it to those who agree with him and not broadcast it where everyone can see but if he has too stop acting like some delicate wall flower.

Whatever anyone else's opinion of the and they have every right to challenge him. And for the record I find Kingsland road neither offensive or vile. They are trying to forge away ahead, just like this Muppet did. Although I don't agree he should have won (he shouldn't been have been in the bloody lives)he should at least be objective in his criticism, the twonk..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I don't have an issue with him having an opinion at all. But I think for him to just slate Kingsland on Twitter like that is appalling! What is he to gain by doing that?

Whether you like or dislike Kingsland, as a former contestant, he should have utmost respect for anybody with the guts to go through the process right now. He knows the pressure, he knows they are all trying their hearts out. I absolutely believe in different strokes for different folk, but I also believe in tact and not hurting people for the sake of it... and he of all people will know how much it hurts when the contestants get slated, especially by somebody like him, whose opinion will mean something to them.
    They will be getting enough of that to deal with from the public, I don't believe it's necessary for people in his position to be jumping on that bandwagon.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a bit of a potty mouth isn't he!

I don't think it's particularly appropriate to compare his little reviews of other artists in the same way "folk up and down the country do".

Many of us on DS can be a bit, over honest and blunt in what we think. But...

1. We aren't trying to endear ourselves to the greater public in order to make something of ourselves.

2. We aren't deriding others who are trying to make it in the same industry as us. To draw an example, if you were to publicly knock a competitor in business in this way, it would likely be a PR disaster.

3. We haven't got an audience like he has waiting on our very words and it isn't likely going to be discussed outside of this little bubble.

4. We haven't gone on a public outburst to a large audience about how horrible the people of DS are for being a bit mean about certain acts. He is a massive hypocrite, he slagged DS off for being brutal about him and then goes on to be brutal himself. So he clearly can't take what he gives.

5. He comes across to me as a potty mouthed, arrogant little git. But there ya go.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur makes me cringe!

Ok so everybody can have an opinion but to me his attitude stinks, he said this on Twitter did he not? why do that, in an interview fair enough but just saying it for no reason....idiot
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member

James giving his opinion isn't really the issue. He's quite happy to slate others but if someone criticises him he goes into a meltdown, with foul mouthed language and insults. He really shouldn't dish it out until he's learned to take it.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    James giving his opinion isn't really the issue. He's quite happy to slate others but if someone criticises him he goes into a meltdown, with foul mouthed language and insults. He really shouldn't dish it out until he's learned to take it.

As one of his most recent tweets perfectly illustrates:

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 1h
    F****n bullies I have to deal with on a day to day basis is incredible. Little hard to get too big for your boots when all you get is shit.

He just doesn't get it, does he?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »

Also, I'd add that while people on here may take the piss out of acts, outside of acts (or in the greater sense celebrities) doing something that actually disgusts or pisses off people, most of the time you can tell that its not actually meant to be taken too seriously. Its mostly ribbing them while they are putting themselves out for criticism.

The ones who actually get nasty, personal and come across as though they really mean it are in the minority.

Whereas, I get the impression that he actually means it.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Well I actually agree with what James is saying I find Kingand Road very cheesy and cringe !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's one to talk, I cringed at all of his uncharismatic/dull 'performances' last year. Hopefully his new single will deservingly bomb.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    As one of his most recent tweets perfectly illustrates:

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 1h
    F****n bullies I have to deal with on a day to day basis is incredible. Little hard to get too big for your boots when all you get is shit.

He just doesn't get it, does he?
    There's a massive difference between giving your opinion ABOUT somebody and tweeting it TO them. I can imagine now all the Kingsland Road fans sending him hate because they're bitter about the fact he won and they are the ones that can't accept negative opinions. I don't agree with tweeting criticisms to people but I have yet to see James do that.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As sad as it sounds, there is a hierarchy-of-sorts in the music industry. You have to reach a certain level of famous to be able to slag off others, and even then, you need some control, depending on your image.

In any case, I liked him on the show, but James Arthur hasn't paid his dues yet.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a massive difference between giving your opinion ABOUT somebody and tweeting it TO them. I can imagine now all the Kingsland Road fans sending him hate because they're bitter about the fact he won and they are the ones that can't accept negative opinions. I don't agree with tweeting criticisms to people but I have yet to see James do that.

James frequently tweets unpleasant things directly to people. His Twitter in general is just a very unpleasant page full of negativity, no matter how often he hashtags #LOVE to make us think otherwise.

And surely he isn't so dim that he hasn't realised that by tweeting something horrible about Kingsland Road, they're going to feel like absolute crap that last year's WINNER, someone they probably really respect, has come out and said that about them? Not to mention the fact that when he performs, it's going to be super awkward for them if they meet backstage, knowing he thinks they're rubbish?

He might not have tweeted them directly but they're obviously going to hear about this, and James should have enough self-awareness (or at least enough experience by now) to know that the media pick on his more controversial tweets each time he writes them.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member

Didn't he tweet some fairly unpleasant comments to Matt Cardle?