Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    AS2 Episode 1 Hierarchy - please order and give a rating out of 10 (half decimals allowed) based on a mix of performance of initial task; main challenge ; runway and episode moments

Your opinion only?

Adore Delano
    Alaska
    Alyssa Edwards
    Detox
    Ginger Minj
    Katya
    Phi Phi O'Hara
    Roxxxy Andrews
    Tatianna
    Coco Montrese

for me based on episode 1
    1. Roxxxy Andrews
    2. Tatiana
    3. Katya
    4. Alaska
    5. Alyssa Edwards
    6.Detox
    7. Ginger Minj
    8. Adore Delano
    9.Coco Montrose
    10. Phi Phi O'Hara
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the episode, I agree that Alaska is being a bit too much in the sound bites and is more herself in the work room. Still love her though and Alyssa (need to see more of her!) I think Phi Phi should have gone home - why is she even there? And delighted to see Tatiana do so well, she was one of the stars of series 2 and has even improved massively. I like Katya, but am finding her annoying talking to the camera, its all so rehearsed or something. From the first show I thought they ranked.

1. Tatiana
    2. Alaska
    3. Roxxxy Andrews
    4. Alyssa Edwards
    5. Ginger Minj
    6. Katya
    7. Detox
    8. Adore Delano
    9.Coco Montrose
    10. Phi Phi O'Hara
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it a rating out of 10? So should my #1 choice be like 10 instead of 1? (My brain hasn't switched on today).

Anyhoo, you know what I mean so if I'm wrong, just correct it in any list you're doing. :D

10/10 Roxxxy
    9.5 Tatiana
    8 Alaska
    7 Katya
    7 Alyssa
    6.5 Detox
    5 Adore
    5 Ginger
    4 Phi Phi
    3 Coco

I honestly don't see how Ginger was any better than Adore, both libraries were forgettable, both songs were meh and it was a talent show, not a fashion parade. And Phi Phi for me is above Coco in that she was the illiterate eff her season, so upped her game at the library at least, Coco failed on every level.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit I am finding the new lips on Adore and Alaska very distracting. I wish they'd leave all the OTT fakeness for their drag alter-egos but they can't help but mangle their own faces aswell. Still, it's their life (and face) so who cares what I think.

But I mean how smart is Ru. I'm sure she's well aware how much backlash comes her way when eliminating favourites and this season is full of them. So what does she do? Create a format where she decides the top 2 and bottom 3, knows who the top 2 are going to eliminate before they lip sync and it looks like she may give herself the power to bring someone back just incase something goes wrong.
    So basically Ru still has so much control over how things go, but will receive much less of the backlash as the queens will be eliminating eachother, while Ru and the rest of the judges laugh and drink cocktails.
    Evil genius.

Well put! Managed to catch the first episode. Surprisingly found myself liking Roxxxys 'redemption', totally intriuged by Tati & really felt for Phi Phi, despite the awkward/miss-judged acapella. Infact, that whole scenario where each queen up for elimination & broke down was quite touching. The format changes are a gr8 idea & keep the show fresh. I dont know if any of you guys are aware, but its worth saying that Ru & Michelle host a podcast called 'Whats The Tee' which is free & is both hilarious & inspirational, it features a really diverse set of guests which further shows Ru's interest in people above & below the radar.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Tatianna has long been one of my favourite Queen so was thrilled when she was announced as an All Star!! Loved her 'Piece' :D

Slightly disappointed by Phi Phi, Katya, Ginger, Adore and Cocos performances though.

Also, i'm loving the twists and turns of AS2!! Far more entertaining than the 1st series!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loved the first episode :D My 3 favourite queens (Alyssa, Alaska and Tatianna) did absolutely amazing. Was slightly disappointed with Phi Phi and Adore but I hope they bounce back!
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My rankings (based on the episode alone):

1) Tatiana
    2) Alaska
    3) Katya
    4) Alyssa
    5) Adore
    6) Detox
    7) Ginger
    8) Phi Phi
    9) Roxxy
    10) Coco
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is already my favourite series of Drag Race ever, I'm so excited to see it unfold!

In a perfect world I'd love a top 3 of Alaska, Tatianna & Detox. With Tatianna being crowned.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just enjoy them all so much (urgh even Phi Phi) that i found myself not wanting any of them to go home.
  • Betty MiddlingBetty Middling Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where you can stream the episode live?
    Forum Member
    I feel quite disappointed in this episode tbh. Whilst it was a really funny and entertaining snatch game, I feel that Alyssa was completely robbed of being in the top 2. She was amazing and much better than Alaska imo!

Something else I am not happy with is the editing of Phi Phi which paints her out to be a villain when she really isn't. She has stated on Twitter how Alyssa asked her what she thought of it (this wasn't shown) and she just gave her opinion. It is completely unfair and she is now receiving a lot of hate for it.

Finally, Tatianna did not deserve to go at all. Her Ariana impression was much better than what Roxxxy did and basing it on last week aswell, Tatianna was also much better (even if she lost the lip sync).
  • Betty MiddlingBetty Middling Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katya has been doing RuCalls of All Stars 2 on her YouTube channel that are worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XHMTh5EW4
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Poor Tati. The episode did seem to be foreboding it as it went on.
    I don't think Alaska would intentionally choose her friends first, but there's no denying that you'd appreciate your friends drag more so I can understand Tatianna feeling like she was screwed. It's kind of funny that without Adore, Tatianna's the youngest, even though she's "old school" Drag Race.

The whole Adore drama was strange. I'm not sure what Adore was hoping for coming back for All Stars 2. Given the career she's had it's a bit like going back to school again, which I'm sure not many people would be thrilled by. Alaska commenting on it screamed 'winner' to me.

Katya seems so much more at ease this time. Speaking of school, in season 7 she was like the new kid at school, wanting to be liked and fit in rather than standing out. She looked like she didn't want to win that lip sync though.

And poor Phi Phi getting the villain edit again. I think she just gives off a harsh aura that the edit loves to exploit. I sort of knew Roxxxy and Phi Phi couldn't both get a redemption edit, at the moment seems like it'll just be Roxxxy and there's none for Phi Phi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) The whole Adore thing was sad to watch, you kind of become accustomed to the thought of a queen having thick skin because they need it, and Adore hasn't grown in confidence at all since her season.

2) Alyssa was robbed of a top spot, especially the chasm between her Katy Perry and Joan Crawford. And her runway was drop dead gorgeous.

3)Phi Phi is still shady. But Roxxxy changing afterwards is nobody's fault but Roxxxy's.

4) Was there any latex in Ginger's outfit?

5) Roxxxy should've gone home, the second she switched characters and didn't pull it off.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    I thought that was a dire Snatch Game, a lot of it missed the mark and Ru might have been in hysterics but I didn't think anybody landed a decent joke- The worst one ever as far as I'm concerned (well maybe apart from Season 7's car crash.) I expect a lot more from All Stars and the episode was dare I say it a bit boring. (Snatch Game has run its course for me in the show as a whole though, we're starting to see repeats of Celebrities and impersonating other Queens should be banned (From an All Star is unforgivable when you're reviving a terrible impersonation to start with) Just over the whole challenge now

In terms of the walkout, I love Adore, I do think she made the right decision, she didn't have to do the show and had the least to gain for me as she markets to a totally different crowd than Drag Race tends to push towards, I'd love to see her in a show to see her in her comfort zone.
  • gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really enjoying this All-Stars more than the previous one. The one thing I am missing, however, is all the backstage action from Untucked! That was where Katya and Ginger really shined. Their smoking sessions in the car park were the best thing about their series. But at least Katya's personality is getting more airtime this time around. She keeps reaffirming why I loved her: smart, funny, and she isn't mean spirited.

It is good to see that Alyssa seems to be less mental this series. She can even be funny and entertaining in a positive way without all the weirdness.

As for the elimination,
    I really wished Roxxy would have departed. I still can't stand her, nor any of the RoLaskaTox crew.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with pingu and lightdragon on who should have been the winner, am still sitting her bewildered as to how she was just safe and didn't win!
    Alyssa was robbed!!! She was so on point and for me the only one who was funny!!! Am still bewildered as to how she didnt make top 2

And like everyone has said so annoyed with the elimination too. And agree with who everyone is saying should have gone instead.
    Roxy is so so dull - she proved again she has no sense of humour, no wit and she doesnt have the x-factor, Tatianna had a bad week but she was not as bad as Roxy and she for me had so much potential, she as also the best in week 1. Tatiana also brought something by being not a season 5/6/7er for me am so gutted she is gone :( was really looking forward to seeing more from her in runway and in acting tasks etc
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Rooting for
    Alyssa and Detox at the moment, if Tati comes back, they're my top 3. If not, Katya is my top 3. Although I feel like Alaska will win the show regardless, she's an iconic queen but I want Alyssa to win so bad.

Upset Adore left but not surprised I love her music video for ICU, need to see her live.

Detox shouldn't have been bottom, Alyssa should've been top 2, Ginger and possibly Phi Phi for that runway alone should've been in bottom three.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    Please don't read if you haven't watched episode 2

Episode 1 overview

Clearly the top 5 among our views were: Roxxy, Tatianna, Alaska, Katya, Detox

Now episode 2 didn't disappoint did it?

But like season 8 it seems the overall verdict is based on the main challenge and the runway doesn't count for zilch. This is an error. As the runway ...is a model living showcase ...central to any drag act. Maybe they could add a photoshoot moment too? But no it seems this is an obsolete part.

Bottom 4 on main challenge were clearly.
    Phi Phi
    Tatianna
    Detox
    Roxxy

But wow Detox was a runway class A act! wow ...she delivered.

Katya and Alska were the most consistent queens based on 2 eps and both so seem more alive and fun.

Alyssa was so funny in the episode and the best in the snatch game imo. Her runway wasn't good but not as strong as Alaska and Detox. But overall she deserved top 2.

it was sad to see T go... I don't believe she deserved to. Like last week I disagreed . I thought phi phi should have ...and I think she should have this week. Clearly her drama is the high interest. T had more to offer, and it would have been gr8 to see a little more from the S2.

But kudos to the show so far in terms of the main challenges... they have really upped it ...exciting new season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But wow Detox was a runway class A act! wow ...she delivered.

Possibly the best runway look we've ever had. If someone said "drag I Dream of Jeanie but punk" I would've laughed, but dayum I nearly snapped my fingers off when Detox strode out in that outfit. :)
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shocked to see so many people who didn't love alaska's mae west but praising alyssa's joan crawford. alaska hit every beat and was so similar to mae west it was uncanny. she had everything down. alyssa was playing faye dunaway playing joan crawford in mommie dearest and just recited lines from the movie instead of giving actual, thought out jokes. it was funny for sure but definitely not top 2 material. alaska and katya were the best choices and i could have given the win to either of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    shocked to see so many people who didn't love alaska's mae west but praising alyssa's joan crawford. alaska hit every beat and was so similar to mae west it was uncanny. she had everything down. alyssa was playing faye dunaway playing joan crawford in mommie dearest and just recited lines from the movie instead of giving actual, thought out jokes. it was funny for sure but definitely not top 2 material. alaska and katya were the best choices and i could have given the win to either of them.

I think we all agree that Alaska was head and shoulders above everyone else, and I doubt anyone would take her out of the top two to make room for Alyssa.

My own view of it is, I didn't find Bjork that funny, just being kooky didn't sell it for me, and I'm a huge Katya fan, it was style over substance for me. Whereas Alyssa's Joan Crawford just quoting lines out of context from Mommie Dearest was hilarious.
    Forum Member
    Just watched the show and:
    I am so happy that Alyssa won. She had an amazing week slaying the challenge, being great on the runway and being miles better than Detox in the lip sync.

If it was based on this week I do think that Katya deserved to go home unfortunately, but based on everything Ginger did and I think Alyssa made the correct decision in choosing her. I have never been a big fan of Ginger anyway!

Even though it may be an unpopular opinion, I do think that Phi Phi should have been in the top 2 with Alyssa. I thought she was brilliant in the challenge!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I think not wanting any heat off the fans came into Alyssa's decision but she has a right to make up her own mind. Phi Phi and Rolaskatox were really wanting Katya out. But basing the decision solely on judges critiques is boring!

When Ginger started talking a lot she was obviously going to be relevant to this episode in some way. Add in her role as wallpaper up to now and then finding out they have to incorporate dance, things were not looking good.
    Overall she just looked tired and washed out, like season 7 had only just finished and she's dragged back for All-Stars but pretty much over it.

Some of the looks were amazing. I couldn't help staring at Detox and Phi Phi.
    Tough call in the lip sync. Initially I thought Detox had it nailed, but then her outfit was a bit limiting and she didn't progress from swishing and touching herself. The drama over what Alyssa was going to do was probably foreshadowing what was going to happen anyway.