Options

Carter Axings- EE

Comments

• Options
    Garibaldi_Garibaldi_ Posts: 18,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me

I like all of the Carters except Babe, but she is a good villain and Buster but he is not really a carter.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garibaldi_ wrote: »

I like all of the Carters except Babe, but she is a good villain and Buster but he is not really a carter.

Welcome :) Babe is brilliant to watch :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh definitely looking forward to tonight :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh definitely looking forward to tonight :)

Me too, I think it was either Sylvie or Abi that locked her in
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the welcome, I dont know why I picked a biscuit name

At least you're not too fattening. We used to have a Chocolate Cake on here... played havoc with our waistlines.

Welcome:)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair they have been there nearly 3 years

3 years too long Adrian. :p:D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Taking them out of The Vic would be a step in the right direction aswell. I'd like to see a more long term character owning it.

I don't know who you think can replace them. Grant isn't returning permanently and Phil would be awful there. Sharon is fantastic there but that problem could be solved by having her buy a share and work there too.

The carters are the only other characters who could work there. Danny and Kellie work great behind the bar in my view.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Gari :)
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sharon and Roxy could work very well together in the Vic.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda is fine as landlady, but I find Mick to be a boring landlord. When you look at the previous landlords of the Vic - Den, Frank, Grant - they all had an 'edge' to them which made their presence exciting. For example, they nearly always had some kind of scheme or dodgy deal going on behind their wife's back. Heck, even Even Alfie had his moments. With Mick there's none of this because he's portrayed as a saint with virtually no flaws. Which is nice, but where's the drama in that?
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    That would be fun. I would like Ronnie and Sharon to acknowledge the strange coincidence of how both their dads were offed in the same way in the Vic.

And in the exact same spot!
  • Options
    wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words: Shirley Carter!
  • Options
    boshealectaboshealecta Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't axe any of them. Not all characters need to be big ones. It's nice there is Tina and Lee. Keep the family big and extended. Makes them feel like a proper east end family having their family meals.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if Sean O'Connor keeps The Carters in the Vic - if not Danny Dyer may quit. The problem is Linda is going to be out of the picture for a while when Kellie Bright goes on leave- Lee & Johnny are both played by weak actors, Babe's future is unknown and that leaves just Whitney and possibly Shirley moving in?
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a thread announcing some of the Carters had been axed until I noticed Vaslav is the OP.

The Carters are a bland load of nothing. They were okay for about 3 months when they first arrived but they've been tedious ever since. Hopefully SOC puts Sharon or Janine in The Vic and tells the Carters to bore off back to whatever hole they crawled out of.

Mick and Linda tell each other everything, will never cheat and are the perfect couple = very few interesting storyline possibilities (as we've seen zzzzzzz). Even Arthur cheated on Pauline. Get rid!

Lee and Johnny = planks of wood with barely any personality between them

Tina = pointless annoying filler character

Babe = shelf life is expiring. she has to go at some point.

They're an easy lift from the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a thread announcing some of the Carters had been axed until I noticed Vaslav is the OP.

The Carters are a bland load of nothing. They were okay for about 3 months when they first arrived but they've been tedious ever since. Hopefully SOC puts Sharon or Janine in The Vic and tells the Carters to bore off back to whatever hole they crawled out of.

Mick and Linda tell each other everything, will never cheat and are the perfect couple = very few interesting storyline possibilities (as we've seen zzzzzzz). Even Arthur cheated on Pauline. Get rid!

Sharon in the Vic would be great.

It's too early for Janine to return but I would love to see her back later next year.
  • Options
    Pepsii ColaPepsii Cola Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic but when did sorcha_healy27 get banned? they are one of my favourite posters on here. Hope its a temp one.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wtf? Dame Sorcha got banned. Oh come off it. You have got to be kidding me

Maybe her lusting for Danny Dyer finally got her in trouble with the law? It will be me next with Ryan Hawley.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This 100%.

I find the Carters so boring. And they are a bunch of hypocrites which makes it worse.

Mick and Linda need to bore off to Stepford or where ever they came from and bring their planks of wood sons with them along with the Witches of Eastwick (Babe, Sylvie and Elaine) and the idiot Tina.

Only Shirley has any depth and needs to stay. The others would not be missed (by me) one jot.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally disagree Sharon's Vic days are part of the past.

The Carters belong in The Vic, I think they're brilliant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I totally disagree Sharon's Vic days are part of the past.

The Carters belong in The Vic, I think they're brilliant!

They could be depleted if Babe, Tina, Johnny & Lee are axed leaving just Mick & Shirley left as Kellie Bright is going on maternity leave.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    They could be depleted if Babe, Tina, Johnny & Lee are axed leaving just Mick & Shirley left as Kellie Bright is going on maternity leave.
    Who says they're going to be axed? Given the show's appalling track record with young male characters in recent years, Lee and Johnny should be safe*. They have ties to other characters and are likeable. I think DBH is a pretty decent actor actually. Ted Reilly is weak but Johnny is just lovely and that makes up for it.

Maternity leave is finite and Kellie has already confirmed she is coming back. She'll be gone six months to a year max. It is normally six months. Patsy Palmer was out longer as her contract expired.

* Unless SOC wants to start over and risk flops like Joey Branning and the Moon brothers. It'd be easier to just give Johnny a decent storyline. Lee has had a bit more to do with recently, the scenes where Whitney found out about his ONS with Abi were great and got a lot of praise on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Who says they're going to be axed? Given the appalling effort at creating young male characters in recent years, Lee and Johnny should be pretty safe. They have ties to other characters and are likeable. I think DBH is a pretty decent actor actually. Ted Reilly is weak but Johnny is just lovely and that makes up for it.

Maternity leave is finite and Kellie has already confirmed she is coming back. She'll be gone six months to a year max. It is normally six months. Patsy Palmer was out longer as her contract expired.

Such a shame about Johnny. Sam Strike was great in the role but Ted Riley is clearly struggling.