Another Simpsons Charaters getting killed off.

Comments

• SKYtvFREAKSKYtvFREAK Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otto will be killed off, because Harry Shearer hates doing his voice.

Source???
  • StanmoorStanmoor Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Good. The Simpsons is a load of crap now, and hopefully the movie will be the last thing that they do.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote:
    Marvin Monroe wasn't killed off. He reappeared a few years back.

No I wasn't dead, just VERRRRRRY sick! :D

Snowball 4 or 5 or whichever one they're up to?

Mr Teeny?

Smithers? (the gay jokes have got a bit old now....)

Barney? (Al-key-hol poisoning of course ;) )

Moe? (Finally able to commit suicide....)
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    Can they kill off the whole cast and let the show die a death it should have done years ago?
    *nods in agreement*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I hope its Krusty, I can't stand him or side show mel!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gemstv wrote:
    Source???

Basically every audio commentry with an episode involving Otto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    it won't be any major character like moe or krusty...i mean, obviously.

Otto is a possibility, but it's probably just like The Cat Lady or someone...
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Grimes was another one killed off, although he only appeared in 1 episode. He was electrocuted trying to show up Homer's incompetence at the power plant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the movie had been getting rave reviews in the test screenings. Many saying it is "epic" and old-skool Simpson's at it's best. As for another death, maybe someone gets killed in the film?
  • DykeolicousDykeolicous Posts: 3,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my household the Simpsons is more popular now than it ever has been. Maybe some of the viewers have just got a bit jaded & expect outstanding episodes each time. It always makes us laugh.

As for who is getting killed off I'd hazard a guess at Grampa - cause he's really old ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otto is a possibility, but it's probably just like The Cat Lady or someone...

:eek:

Not the Cat Lady! You can't kill her off.

I reckon they'll kill off Grandpa Simpson. :cry::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    If they kill off Grandpa it would have to be done very sensitively, so i doubt that they will kill him off due to the show being primarily a comedy. I bet that It'll be some minor character that nobody really cares about, i mean did anyone really care about Maude?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when does the US season end ? assuming that the character will die before the movie then that would rule Abe out, as he is in the trailer.
    the film appears to be following the series time line, as Maude is not pictured with Ned, Rodd and Todd.
    whilst Sainsbury's have The Simpsons at £15.97 i'm topping up my collection, just gone and got S7 & S8. wait for for S9 to come down, which ot eventually will!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    When Phil Hartman died his characters - Lionel Hutz & Troy McLure -- died with him.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't die...they just never spoke again. You could still see them in crowd scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    The last season of Simpsons has been actually remarkably good. There was a period of four or five seasons where the quality dipped (quite horrendously in places) because it was trying to be something that it clearly wasn't (i.e. Family Guy). FG can get away with wacky humour and nonsensical plots but when The Simpsons do it it looks clumsy and unfunny. The most recent episodes on Sky contain several laugh-out-loud moments, 'We're On the Road to D'ohwhere' and 'The Seemingly Never-Ending Story' are up there with Simpsons at its best in my opinion.

I just wisht Channel 4 could skip those unfortunate seasons (15 was a shambles).
  • mdtaukmdtauk Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Barney a reformed alcoholic, but now addicted to coffee?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quizmike wrote:
    Maud Flanders was famously killed off after her voice actress left.

The first character (I believe) to die in the Simpsons was Bleedin' Gums Murphy, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bleedin' Gums was more of a guest star than a re-curring role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mdtauk wrote:
    Isn't Barney a reformed alcoholic, but now addicted to coffee?

indeed.

And im sure it was confirmed in an epsidoe itself that Marvin Monroe and bleeding gums murphy are both dead.

I imagine they would save a death for the film, they need to do something drastic to turn it around. Maude dieing is a classic episode, and when Homer makes the dating tape etc its good stuff. Basically by killing off another fairly important character they could revitilise it all over again.
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smile371 wrote:
    I've got a strange feeling it could be Sideshow Bob.

That would be terrible.

Ive yet to see a bad Sideshow Bob episode. In fact a part of me wishes the film would heavily involve him, but the trouble is it needs to be something remotly original, and having Sideshow Bob trying to kill Bart for 90 minutes wouldn't be :(

As for killing off a character... Id guess Otto, Grampa, Mrs Hoover or Edna Skinner would be the one to get the chop.

Il say Edna.

As long as its not a Wiggum or Sideshow Bob itl be ok :)
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, i didnt mean Edna...i meant Skinners Mum....why her name wont come into my head i don't know.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agnes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    The Simpsons is getting better again but from about 2000 - 2005 I thought it was awful, very unfunny and only designed to accomodate guest voices. The Ricky Gervas episode was a real low.

Im in my 50's but looking forward to the movie still :)
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im in my 50's but looking forward to the movie still :)

Me too :o

I'm sure that they wouldn't axe Abe and I think if we lost Agnes Skinner then Seymour would become marginalised. His role as principal has been shaped by his relationship with his mother. If she went it would totally change him. If we have to lose anyone then I'd vote for the Sea Captain or Bumblebee Man either of whom are minor characters who have enough presence to be mourned but not so much as to be irreplaceable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,786
    Forum Member
    And im sure it was confirmed in an epsidoe itself that Marvin Monroe and bleeding gums murphy are both dead.
    It was confirmed in the Troy McClure "behind the scenes" episode that Marvin Munroe was dead, even though it hadn't been mentioned on screen. He has since re-appeared though claiming he was just really ill and not dead!