Options

Losing weight, especially from face...

Comments

• Options
    AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beau_Soir wrote: »
    Why have you linked all that stuff? I'm not saying it doesn't work, fad diets do work, but because they are precisely that, people have trouble sustaining them, fall off the wagon and pile it all back on. That's true of most people. Sorry if you don't like it or agree.

Linking that stuff to back up what everyone here so easily dismissed. If you read it, you'd learn something.

The ketogenic diet is not a fad diet. A fad diet leaves you hungry and after 2 weeks you **** it all off and go to Burger King. You do not do this with Ketosis. It involves little to no actual willpower, it's actually enjoyable.

And it's actually a really good way to live too, you can use it as a lifestyle change.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advice given is good
    good luck cobweb xxx
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    The advice given is good
    good luck cobweb xxx

Thanks Priscilla, I'm hoping to lose those three stone by Christmas :) xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been on keto for a month and lost 10 pounds. I'll still be on it at Christmas, so I will find this thread then and prove all the doubters wrong.

I WILL lose 3 stone between now and Christmas. Eating fat free yoghurt and celery will make you fatter by Christmas.
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been on keto for a month and lost 10 pounds. I'll still be on it at Christmas, so I will find this thread and prove all the doubters wrong.

Jeez, why so touchy? Have a chocolate bar and chill out...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been on keto for a month and lost 10 pounds. I'll still be on it at Christmas, so I will find this thread then and prove all the doubters wrong.

I WILL lose 3 stone between now and Christmas. Eating fat free yoghurt and celery will make you fatter by Christmas.

I don't know about fat, but it will make me feel sick as it sounds like a disgustingly bland meal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Thanks Priscilla, I'm hoping to lose those three stone by Christmas :) xxxx

Your welcome, hope you reach your goal im sure you will with exercise and a healthy diet xxxxxxx
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as you won't prove your point, I'll prove mine. With peer reviewed literature.

All your references seem to point to one source.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hope it goes well for you.

I lost 22kg in 7 months by some simple rules
    - Cutting out refined carbs (including sugar)
    - Reducing portion size
    - Drinking more water
    - Exercising more
    - Getting more sleep
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a complete and utter bunch of ignoramuses. Seriously.

Do you want me to pick up your toys, or do you have more in your pram ?
    Eating fat free yoghurt and celery will make you fatter by Christmas.

Utter, utter crap.

I note you failed to mention that the Ketogenic diet is primarily designed for children with refractory epilepsy. And since we're quoting from websites, how about some of the side effects?
    Common but easily treatable short-term side effects include constipation, low-grade acidosis, and hypoglycaemia if there is an initial fast. Cholesterol may increase by around 30%. Long-term use of the ketogenic diet in children increases the risk of retarded growth, bone fractures, and kidney stones. Supplements are necessary to counter the dietary deficiency of many micronutrients

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Ketogenic-Diet-Side-Effects.aspx
    Very recent information also suggests that bone density can be a problem while on the diet, similar to being on medications. Children appear to have lower bone mineral density, which can lead to an increased risk of bone fractures, especially in children on the diet for over 6 years.(6) Christina Bergqvist, MD, found that Vitamin D levels initially increase due to supplementation on the diet, and after several months they decline, and this may partially explain the problems with bone density.(7) Studies are underway using DEXA scans to monitor children on the diet.

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/keto_news_november07

So yes, your "advice" was poor and the OP should avoid this "diet" because it's quite clear it's not meant for adults and could cause a multitude of problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'll be the only one on this thread that will hit goal weight by Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'll be the only one on this thread that will hit goal weight by Christmas.

You missed the nah nah nah nah nah bit out:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll leave you lot to your ignorance and low fat foods. I'll come back when I've proved you wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi cobweb :)

Okay........you did not put the weight on overnight so do not expect to lose it overnight either.The weight will drop from your face when you generally lose weight,though there are advantages to a fatter face.........less wrinkles!;)

3 stone by xmas seems a very ambitious target imo,you need to be realistic with your goals as it can sap your willpower otherwise.Eat less and move more is common sense really but often it is a case of eat healthier too,you do not have to starve yourself.Weightwatchers is something I have used in the past and it does work as it teaches you portion control.

Good luck xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll leave you lot to your ignorance and low fat foods. I'll come back when I've proved you wrong.

You could lose 5 stone or 10, it makes zero different to my life dude.
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fortunately for you, JasonWatkins has been very gracious and patient. He's actually been in the press having managed to lose over 8 stone in a year. I certainly believe he knows what he's talking about with regards to losing weight...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Follow the ketogenic diet if you want the fastest possible results.

You fail to mention, this diet is very dangerous long term!
    People that suffer from epilepsy are being under supervision whilst on the diet - it's completely controlled. As a weight loss diet, it's not.

OP, like others have said, if you lose weight quickly it'll just come back just as quick and possibly, with a vengeance. Changing your lifestyle will work better. And eventually, you'll lose weight from your face too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tell us about your kidney stones too...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tell us about your kidney stones too...

Kidney stones are easily avoided by drinking enough water. Which you should be doing anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've not read anything so close minded for quite a while.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Do not eat after 6:00
    Do not eat Spicy, Salty, Sweet food
    exercise two fours a day and get enough sleep
    source:
    I lost 40 kg
  • Options
    Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    I put a lot of weight on (now just over 15 stone) and I want to get down to about 11 stone, maybe 12. The problem is, lots of weight seems to have gone to my face and cheeks, and I'm having real trouble losing it.

Anyone got any tips on how to lose weight fast? I know it's not good to lose too much too soon, but I'm desperate to lose it quick. Have any of you got or had trouble losing those extra few stones?

Exercise exercise exercise. Eat sensibly. If you want to try the Ketogenic diet it works, but so does a healthy balanced diet.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What I find most amusing, apart from your petulance of course, is that you've only lost 2.5lbs a week so far - something easily achievable by following a sensible diet and exercise plan.

I'd just like to be a fly on the wall when you visit your GP and call them an ignoramus when they have a go at you for following a diet designed for children with epilepsy :)
    Jen-B wrote: »
    I certainly believe he knows what he's talking about with regards to losing weight...

Aww stoppit :):o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, i dont think you'll be the only person to do that, it may have worked for you buy not everyone body the same, cobweb should do what he feels comfortable with, something that will help him lose weight healthly.