Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It's a very good point. Anyone who has horrible close friends is invariably a horrible person themselves (otherwise they would be repulsed by the behaviour of their mates and would want nothing to do with them).

And apparently Dale 'The Orange' Winton is pals with O'Grady too! And Dale seems to me to be as genuine as a 35 pence piece.
    Forum Member
    Interestingly it was John Lennon who introduced Cilla to Epstein and persuaded him to sign her, and not McCartney.

Well John Lennon wasn't the 'working class hero' everyone made him out to be either. As I said before ... I'm not THAT fond of McCartney - but in their partnership (apart from just one or two songs) it was McCartney's that were my favourites.

In fact - the best thing about John Lennon was Yoko Ono! She's done more for Liverpool than Lennon ever did.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And apparently Dale 'The Orange' Winton is pals with O'Grady too! And Dale seems to me to be as genuine as a 35 pence piece.

I heard that Dale and Paul are both friends of Cilla but not of each other and they go on holiday with each other but don't get on at all.
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    I remember coming across a great website where airline staff were listing all the rudest celebs and nicest celebs they had ever dealt with on their flights... it really as a mine of great gossip !!!

At the top of the list for rudest cowbag ever born..... was Cilla. No one had a decent word to say about her. The most obnoxious full of herself rude bint anyone had ever come across.

That cabin crew forum is here http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html They really do seem to hate her..:D
    Forum Member
    waz101 wrote: »
    That cabin crew forum is here http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html They really do seem to hate her..:D

She must be aware of how much they despise her as (unless my memory truly is going to pot) I think she tried to put BA Cabin crew into her 'Room 101'.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well John Lennon wasn't the 'working class hero' everyone made him out to be either. As I said before ... I'm not THAT fond of McCartney - but in their partnership (apart from just one or two songs) it was McCartney's that were my favourites.

In fact - the best thing about John Lennon was Yoko Ono! She's done more for Liverpool than Lennon ever did.

Lennon always seemed quite moody and cantankerous (though he did at least have a dry sense of humour).

I get the impression that Cilla's 'mates' are all of the shallow and vacuous variety, just like herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must be aware of how much they despise her as (unless my memory truly is going to pot) I think she tried to put BA Cabin crew into her 'Room 101'.

That was probably an act of revenge on her part.
    Forum Member
    Lennon always seemed quite moody and cantankerous (though he did at least have a dry sense of humour).

True - but not as dry as George (always my favourite Beatle).
    I get the impression that Cilla's 'mates' are all of the shallow and vacuous variety, just like herself.

No words needed other than 'Agreed'.:D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    A friend of mine has done charity work and says that Barbara Windsor is not very nice at all.
    On the other hand, June Brown helped with their charity work and was absolutely fabulous.

It's interesting how the same names keep coming up on these threads. I think with Barabra Windsor it depends on what mood she's in on the day, but the likes of Lulu, Bruce Forsyth, Jim Davidson and Antohny Cotton also get mentioned a lot as being up themselves.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad went to school with Cilla and said she was up herself then... It appears she never changed
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is the Daily Wail, but it does tie in with the very many stories that float around about Ms Black

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-444286/Surprise-Surprise--Cilla-nice-think.html

Erm, I'm no fan of Ms Black but that article seems like a complete stitch up to me. The journo doesn't come out of it very professionally either imo.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Erm, I'm no fan of Ms Black but that article seems like a complete stitch up to me. The journo doesn't come out of it very professionally either imo.

I have to agree with you having read it..the writer had no intention of liking her.also why would Cilla run in and hug a complete stranger??
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with you having read it..the writer had no intention of liking her.also why would Cilla run in and hug a complete stranger??

Much as I can't abide Cilla, I also agree. Seems like the journalist definitely had preconceptions. However, she might have felt so uncomfortable with Cilla and her entourage that she gave it a bit more welly than she would have done had the encounter been more amicable both ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waz101 wrote: »

That forum for vcabin crew has GOT TO BE the most interesting read I've had for ages, very very juicy! :D

Bloody celbs wearing sunglasses on in a Fing plane FGS!! and clicking their fingers it shows how out of touch some of them are :mad::mad::rolleyes:
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Oh I don't know. I think it's probably all true.

I can imagine Our Cilla being just like that in real life. Crew of hangers on to laugh at her 'jokes', and just generally being an evil, nasty, cutting, ill-tempered old baggage.

ETA
    My final question is, if you hadn't been Cilla, what would you have been? 'A hairdresser,' she replies. Oh - what should I do with my hair, Cilla? ' Whatever you want,' she says, again in the stage voice which makes me her straight woman; the gang laugh like fools.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-444286/Surprise-Surprise--Cilla-nice-think.html

Perfectly reasonable question and she gives a snotty answer. Nasty woman.
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she appear on Girls Aloud's Night in when the girls had their own TV programme and did a sketch? I don't remember hearing any negative stories about her from them,there might have been though!

Wow,she sounds like a total diva and cow! :eek:
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    She seems to p*ss off a lorra lorra people
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I must say I do like hearing all these Cilla stories, I must say, I don't like the woman anyway, she's talentless, fake, hideously ugly, her singing voice was more akin to a parrot crossed with a pigeon and that put-on Scouse accent and the miming of the "Surprise, Surprise" theme back in the 90's was enough to make anyone sick. I've heard all the stories about her walking down the street shouting "No autographs" in that posh Home Counties accent that appears when the cameras are off, well if that was me, I'd simply say, "Do you think I want your autograph anyway?, you ginger beaver-faced old bitch!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Much as I can't abide Cilla, I also agree. Seems like the journalist definitely had preconceptions. However, she might have felt so uncomfortable with Cilla and her entourage that she gave it a bit more welly than she would have done had the encounter been more amicable both ways.

It looks like the journalist went into the encounter with a hostile agenda (perhaps she had heard all the rumours). I don't quite believe her when she says she expected to like Cilla.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harr123 wrote: »
    I must say I do like hearing all these Cilla stories, I must say, I don't like the woman anyway, she's talentless, fake, hideously ugly, her singing voice was more akin to a parrot crossed with a pigeon and that put-on Scouse accent and the miming of the "Surprise, Surprise" theme back in the 90's was enough to make anyone sick. I've heard all the stories about her walking down the street shouting "No autographs" in that posh Home Counties accent that appears when the cameras are off, well if that was me, I'd simply say, "Do you think I want your autograph anyway?, you ginger beaver-faced old bitch!"

You sound just like a Badger, that's very, very angry.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    It spoke volumes to me when Ricky Tomlinson allegedly said that he had no time for her. I can't find the link so I better put "allegedly in
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rourke wrote: »
    It spoke volumes to me when Ricky Tomlinson allegedly said that he had no time for her. I can't find the link so I better put "allegedly in

He said it all right. :D

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/day-and-night/ricky-tomlinson-cilla-black-me-arse-1465536.html
    Forum Member
    Harr123 wrote: »

I love that! Is that Kate Robbins doing the voice?
    Forum Member

Ricky Tomlinson is a really ace bloke and a bloody good actor. If I didn't love him before - I'd love him for reading that!

I've heard that he leaves a 'Christmas box' for his postie (possibly other service providers too) a Christmas card Sayinbg 'Christmas My Arse!' enclosing a £20 note!
This discussion has been closed.