Lib Dems prepare their excuses early

InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/21/lib-dems-braced-for-wipeout-in-european-poll

"An internal Liberal Democrat document reveals that the party is braced for a complete wipeout in the European parliamentary elections.

Senior party figures have been briefed to say that a failure to win any seats should be "expected" at this stage in the electoral cycle for a governing party."

"Disappointed with the result but the party remains resolute and this was expected at this point in the electoral cycle."

--

So let me get this right. The Lib Dem's, self proclaimed "party of in" whom it's leader Nick Clegg made it his personal mission to win the EU debate including challenging Farage to TV debates... is set to blaim the "electoral cycle" if it suffers a wipe out in the EU elections?

What mugs do they think we are?

I can actually hear Nicks voice saying if. They'll call it a protest vote and hope the GE will go much better. I just find it hilarious when you consider how Nick made it his personal political mission. What a failure.

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are completely finished as a party
    The tories are in the same "cycle" and in much better shape. People simply don't trust him or the libdems anymore they are seen as wimps serving no real purpose.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their VAT increase did not help...
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "It was raining."

People did not understand our message"

"We are on course"