The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (3)

Comments

• PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the links pics etc everyone !!
    Ooooh seen this great backstage video posted on twitter: @antonyread: http://t.co/X5pEybOYau hope it works!!
    Here is a behind-the-scenes video at the West End show shot by Jasmine's brother. Sadly very little screen time for our elusive man of mystery Pasha, but fast forward to 5 minutes in for a brief mention and 5.21 for a brief glimpse of some entertaining costume advice he offers to Katya: http://vimeo.com/97623860
    Gives an insight into the personalities of the other dancers. May be biased but Pasha strikes me as the epitome of 'cool calm and collected' amid all the nerves and excitement!
    On the topic of pro partnerships for SCD this year (soooo happy he is back) it would be fab it it was Anya (but assuming she will be behind scenes only) or failing that Iveta. I don't think he had chemistry with Janette, even though they were cute and funny together on the It Takes Two segment they did. But would prefer that to Aliona - can't stand her.

Agree....Insightful backstage footage....Love the calmness in Pasha .... *Not biased at all* ... ;) LOL

The only person I would have any issue against is Aliona... otherwise I would love anyone from the available pool of female pros to dance w/ Pash ... ( Thank God, Karen is stuck to Kevin... don't think I would like her with Pash either .... :p )
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Went to see Pasha and Katya in Tunbridge Wells last night - brilliant show apart from the local dance troupe who were a bit of a mess... seemed to be an ego trip for one of the adult dancers who was always front and centre, and not all that good!

the 3 ladies they got up on stage were hilarious - 2 of the 3 just wouldnt follow him at all - and the third was hilarious!

The third dance is there to test Pasha's good nature ... :o
    I am mortified at the things some 'ladies' get up to despite it being a bit of fun !! :o
    Oh my word! CLOUD PASHA! #dreamy -Pasha kiss, hugs & kisses from rest of dancers who are all simply gorgeous people & they loved my cake! ( They are so god damn adorable!!) but ooooh Pasha kisses, seriously considering not washing left cheek, ever! #sigh
    Happy gal! https://twitter.com/heathhog73/status/477066568250454016 report later - work now! X
    Thank you, it was truly wonderful + my nerves are getting better a little - got to go cook dinner then back with a report later!

So glad you had such a lovely time Heather ... :)
    Kiss & hug off Pash ? ... You are progressing nicely .. ;)
    Understand very well when you say nerves getting better ... :)
    With some of them does feel like chatting to a friend ... somewhat less so with Pash ... but the fault lies with my tongue which ties itself into a knot in the presence of HRH .... sighhh ... :blush: ... all good though :)
    I couldn't resist....I've got tickets to see Pash and Katya on Monday - 20 mins down the road from me!!

oooooo...... sooooo excited to learn this KA !!! You will have a brilliant time I promise....
    Can we have some pics please ? ... :) *sorry (not) about this cheeky request *
  • Heather_HoggattHeather_Hoggatt Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Ok so I'll try and remember as much detail as possible, though a little difficult as still on #cloudpasha :blush: Alex and I arrived nice and early in order to find a disabled space and to hand the card & cake I made them in ( full on choccie cake with choc ganache) the lovely floor manager took it from me & remembered me from last year! The guys behind the bar were well jel of the cake and I had to promise them one next time :)

Anyways knowing this was probably my last time of seeing the show this tour it felt even more special & there's just something about TW, the dances were electric and even though the scripted pRt was the same it was ok, swear got smiles and winks from the dancers but that maybe me just thinking it was my direction?

The school was not as good as last time and as mentioned there was this rather strange thing of 1 girl doing not very good solos :/

My favourite this time was the putting on the ritz and the blurred lines one with Pash and the 3 girls

The 3 ladies Were hilarious, along with one of their friends who stopped the show by getting Mike's attention and asking for her friends pass code so she could video her dancing with Pash! Pasha was rolling his eyes and didn't seem to know whether to find it funny! Mike was like so you're wanting to video in spite of the signs telling you you can't and you're stopping the show to ask, and by putting your hand up you're letting everyone you're videoing - she just didn't seem to care - wS very funny!

Then on to the meet and Greet - I persuaded Alex to hang back and join the back of the queue as suggested and was well worth it! James, Jasmine and Marcella came out and James was like hey and gave me a massive kiss and cuddle then said thanks so much for the cake and Jasmine was like ooh are you the cake lady? So got kisses and hugs from them too they are so adorable! Lush nuts ❤️❤️❤️ Had a lovely little chat then saw Ryan who loves being tweeted BTW , got pics with them all ( mini crush on Ryan and James, they smell amaze balls!)

Then queued little bit more, got to the table - Alex got hug and kiss from both so I went in for it too - well to Pash ( did not faint) and then Katya pointed to her cheek too, awwwwww - had a great little chat, few technical difficulties with Alex's phone which even technical whizz Pash could not fix and mentioned that I had made the cake - think the boys were hiding it in their dressing room - Katya said the cake pops had been amazing and Pasha said the girls ate them all - good little bit of cheeky banter :blush: ❤️😄❤️
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »

The only person I would have any issue against is Aliona... otherwise I would love anyone from the available pool of female pros to dance w/ Pash ... ( Thank God, Karen is stuck to Kevin... don't think I would like her with Pash

So glad you had such a lovely time Heather ... :)
    Kiss & hug off Pash ? ... You are progressing nicely .. ;)
    Understand very well when you say nerves getting better ... :)
    With some of them does feel like chatting to a friend ... somewhat less so with Pash ... but the fault lies with my tongue which ties itself into a knot in the presence of HRH .... sighhh ... :blush: ... all good though :)

I don't know why I can't stand either Aliona or Karen but I can't ! Hope they keep away from our boy!

Kiss and hug across table, but yes definite progress :D HRH has ways of making one all a dither! I walked away shaking again! :blush:
  • SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Ok so I'll try and remember as much detail as possible, though a little difficult as still on #cloudpasha :blush: Alex and I arrived nice and early in order to find a disabled space and to hand the card & cake I made them in ( full on choccie cake with choc ganache) the lovely floor manager took it from me & remembered me from last year! The guys behind the bar were well jel of the cake and I had to promise them one next time :)

Anyways knowing this was probably my last time of seeing the show this tour it felt even more special & there's just something about TW, the dances were electric and even though the scripted pRt was the same it was ok, swear got smiles and winks from the dancers but that maybe me just thinking it was my direction?

The school was not as good as last time and as mentioned there was this rather strange thing of 1 girl doing not very good solos :/

My favourite this time was the putting on the ritz and the blurred lines one with Pash and the 3 girls

The 3 ladies Were hilarious, along with one of their friends who stopped the show by getting Mike's attention and asking for her friends pass code so she could video her dancing with Pash! Pasha was rolling his eyes and didn't seem to know whether to find it funny! Mike was like so you're wanting to video in spite of the signs telling you you can't and you're stopping the show to ask, and by putting your hand up you're letting everyone you're videoing - she just didn't seem to care - wS very funny!

Then on to the meet and Greet - I persuaded Alex to hang back and join the back of the queue as suggested and was well worth it! James, Jasmine and Marcella came out and James was like hey and gave me a massive kiss and cuddle then said thanks so much for the cake and Jasmine was like ooh are you the cake lady? So got kisses and hugs from them too they are so adorable! Lush nuts ❤️❤️❤️ Had a lovely little chat then saw Ryan who loves being tweeted BTW , got pics with them all ( mini crush on Ryan and James, they smell amaze balls!)

Then queued little bit more, got to the table - Alex got hug and kiss from both so I went in for it too - well to Pash ( did not faint) and then Katya pointed to her cheek too, awwwwww - had a great little chat, few technical difficulties with Alex's phone which even technical whizz Pash could not fix and mentioned that I had made the cake - think the boys were hiding it in their dressing room - Katya said the cake pops had been amazing and Pasha said the girls ate them all - good little bit of cheeky banter :blush: ❤️😄❤️

Thanks for a great report Heather.
    Lovely how you got to chat to them all. Cake certainly seems to have gone down well and sounds delicious.
    Bless Pasha trying to sort the phone, but you got pictures in the end.
    See back of the queue is the place to be in this instance.;-):p
    Forum Member
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Thanks for a great report Heather.
    Lovely how you got to chat to them all. Cake certainly seems to have gone down well and sounds delicious.
    Bless Pasha trying to sort the phone, but you got pictures in the end.
    See back of the queue is the place to be in this instance.;-):p

Well the little crumbs I tasted were yum! This is the recipe - ever so easy! http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/easy_chocolate_cake_31070 plus had choc buttons, m&ms and minstrels on - couldn't get Lindor for Jas - did their initials in sweeties - was a bit messy cos kitchen too hot yesterday!

Deffo will be hanging to the back in future if possible! Xx the more I see them, the more in love I fall with all of them!
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member

Firstly, thanks Heather for the recipe, one for the future.
    Thanks Korky. The last picture looks like Katya is playing gooseberry.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, thanks Heather for the recipe, one for the future.
    Thanks Korky. The last picture looks like Katya is playing gooseberry.:D

Yes; its just as well that Katya is so understanding about Pasha's popularity. We certainly don't see any men leaning against her for a photo! :(
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links, pics etc :)
    Lovely account Heather ..... So glad it went well for you & also loved the cheeky banter .... :)
    Indeedy .... back of queue & cakes seem to be a reasonably good way w/ the Kovalev & Katya ... ;):p:D
    LOL at the video incident... :p ... Did the person actually get to video it in the end ? :p ... Just asking cause I have been caught out by Katya in the past although she has been forgiving ... :p:blush: ... Naughty Pashulty ... :D
    Forum Member
    Yes; its just as well that Katya is so understanding about Pasha's popularity. We certainly don't see any men leaning against her for a photo! :(

First sentence Korky, I agree but they are friends as well as dancing partners.
    As for your last comment, maybe their better halves won't let them.:o;-):p
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links, pics etc :)
    Lovely account Heather ..... So glad it went well for you & also loved the cheeky banter .... :)
    Indeedy .... back of queue & cakes seem to be a reasonably good way w/ the Kovalev & Katya ... ;)
    LOL at the video incident... :p ... Did the person actually get to video it in the end ? :p ... Just asking cause I have been caught out by Katya in the past although she has been forgiving ... :p:blush: ... Naughty Pashulty ... :D

I don't think she did get to video, the usher kept going over and saying no! I got a few sneaky pics I think it was of the Waltz - will make a public album on Facebook & share , probably easier! Daren't put on twitter in case I get told off! :D I was amazed at the barefaced cheek of the woman :o lol
    Forum Member

These are great Heather. You managed a few sneaky ones too, well done.;-)
    Thanks for sharing pics.
    Forum Member
    These are great Heather. You managed a few sneaky ones too, well done.;-)
    Thanks for sharing pics.

No problem at all :) I would have got more ( as I did last time) but they were much more vigilant this year - wish they had someone to video & sold a DVD, maybe with the behind the scenes bit as well?
    Forum Member
    No problem at all :) I would have got more ( as I did last time) but they were much more vigilant this year - wish they had someone to video & sold a DVD, maybe with the behind the scenes bit as well?

A tour DVD with some behind the scenes would be fantastic.:) Perhaps someone should have asked this during the Q and A session. There's probably a reason why this hasn't happened before, (maybe to do with SCD association.)
    Forum Member
    A tour DVD with some behind the scenes would be fantastic.:) Perhaps someone should have asked this during the Q and A session. There's probably a reason why this hasn't happened before, (maybe to do with SCD association.)

I think that's it, the copyright costs! Just been chatting to someone on Twitter, their show is actually well known enough now to drop the 'Stars of Strictly' bit and just call if an evening with Pasha and Katya therefore bypassing such problems 😕
  • PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member

Thank you for posting Heather these pics are lovely!
    Glad you had a wonderful night. It was so sweet of you to bake a cake.
    You're right about the copyright being the reason for lack of DVD, it would just be too expensive.
  • PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I couldn't resist....I've got tickets to see Pash and Katya on Monday - 20 mins down the road from me!! :D:D:D

Glad you are going to see the show KA! Look forward to your report:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see any new photos so here's another old one (with bed hair :p:D)

http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/1/281x351/241281_1.jpg

Great set of pictures, Heather. :)
    Forum Member
    Can't see any new photos so here's another old one (with bed hair :p:D)

http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/1/281x351/241281_1.jpg

Great set of pictures, Heather. :)

Thanks Korky. Old pictures just as good, esp. when as gorgeous as this.:blush::)
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the pics Heather .... Cheeky ;)
    Pity the lack of DVDs .... maybe next year ... :p:D
    Pasha bed hair .... mmmm .... :o:o :blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the pics Heather .... Cheeky ;)
    Pity the lack of DVDs .... maybe next year ... :p:D
    Pasha bed hair .... mmmm .... :o:o :blush::blush:

We can say drop the Strictly part bug I guess music might be an issue also? Would so love a DVD for that big between end of strictly / beginning of tour July / August when I just go back to watching old youtubes!
  • KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    a little Sunday treat...the various expressions of The Kovalev :D
    http://clrhmly.tumblr.com/image/88855053935
    Forum Member
    a little Sunday treat...the various expressions of The Kovalev :D
    http://clrhmly.tumblr.com/image/88855053935

Very expressive.:D These are fab, thanks KA, it's appreciated.
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks KA - you're a star!! :):) Lovely memories. ;-):)