Options

Six weeks and still no name!

Comments

• Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Perspective! It's hardly cruelty. It's not offensive, and - actually - I quite like it.

And, yes, as someone else said up thread, there are all manner of weird & wonderful names these days so Bunny is hardly going to stand out at weird when she gets to school.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK magazine spread....no surprise there.

(How anyone with talons that long can take care of a baby is beyond me) :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2756353/Katie-Price-reveals-s-decided-call-baby-daughter-BUNNY-six-weeks-birth.html
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really NOT that bad - when you think what she could have been called.
    And it's no stupider than Apple or Pixie or Buddy Bear.

Considering the other options included Lady, Disney, Precious, Bambi I think she's actully come off quite lightly.

I mean, come on, no one really expecting KP and her lapdog to call their baby Emma, Jessica or Grace did they?
  • Options
    Maggie_MooMaggie_Moo Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Re BIB is that not slightly exaggerating, kids are called all sorts these days & therefore will be used to hearing unusual names, I doubt her classmates will bat an eyelid far less resort to making a child's life a misery because of her name.

I don't think it's exaggerated at all, but time will tell, although I don't recall saying that her life will be a misery???? as you say kids are called all sorts of names now, she may well end up going through school with a few, Sky's, Teddy's, Pixies, etc, and big brother Jett will only be a class above to look out for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Considering the other options included Lady, Disney, Precious, Bambi I think she's actully come off quite lightly.

I mean, come on, no one really expecting KP and her lapdog to call their baby Emma, Jessica or Grace did they?

I quite like Precious, and Grace.. I like names with meanings behind them, but that's just a personal thing.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey.
    Over-reaction much?

Not in the least. If I said what I actually thought then the alert button would be red hot .
    So what's wrong with it?
    It's not a name I'd have chosen, but when you consider that KP and her last moronic husband managed to call their daughter Princess Tiiaamiii, the fact that she and the current moronic husband could only come up with Bunny doesn't seem that awful to me.
    What should she have called her?
    You can't excuse calling a child a stupid name by dragging up past sibling names in comparison . It is at best a nickname,and not a complimentary one either.
    What should she have called her ? Well how about a name,rather than after an animal ? The world is filled with beautiful names. Exotic names and melodic names and names with amazing meanings like *gift from God* or *peace bringer*. But kp chooses to name her amazing little gift after an animal .Ridiculous in my opinion .
    Stupid woman.Her not you obv.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Maggie_Moo wrote: »
    I quite like Precious, and Grace.. I like names with meanings behind them, but that's just a personal thing.

Bunny does have a meaning behind it - that of a fluffy animal that hops until it becomes roadkill.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Not in the least. If I said what I actually thought then the alert button would be red hot .

You can't excuse calling a child a stupid name by dragging up past sibling names in comparison . It is at best a nickname,and not a complimentary one either.
    What should she have called her ? Well how about a name,rather than after an animal ? The world is filled with beautiful names. Exotic names and melodic names and names with amazing meanings like *gift from God* or *peace bringer*. But kp chooses to name her amazing little gift after an animal .Ridiculous in my opinion .
    Stupid woman.Her not you obv.

Actually I think it's a perfectly reasonable comparison.
    If her siblings all had sensible, "normal" names, then perhaps Bunny would seem a slightly odd choice.
    But Junior, Princess and Jett are not exactly normal names ( although personally I don't think they are THAT bad ).
    People name their children after all sorts of weird and wonderful things.
    But they are their children.
    It's not like she's called her Empress Cleopatra Pencilcase is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am about a year younger than KP, and when I heard the name I instantly though of it been an odd name for a girl, as the last person I can remeber with that name (and it was a long time ago) was a middlle aged man who was married to a very young bride in eldorado....

Surely she remembers that show too!

.... but its a bit of a naff name... will she decorate the poor girls nursery with playboy bunnies? after all KP has often mentioned that she would like to appear in the magazine... but she is a bit past it now!

Perhaps when her daughter grows up she will use the miracle of deed poll to change her name to something that doesn't sound so bad....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Bunny does have a meaning behind it - that of a fluffy animal that hops until it becomes roadkill.

Ohhhh I never thought of that!!!! I just think that with all the Dwama's with the pregnancy's I think Precious, Hope, wud of had more meaning,, even "faithful" :blush: I nearly could of understood. But a baby rabbit !!!!! Bright eyes will be banded in that house!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    I am about a year younger than KP, and when I heard the name I instantly though of it been an odd name for a girl, as the last person I can remeber with that name (and it was a long time ago) was a middlle aged man who was married to a very young bride in eldorado....

Surely she remembers that show too!

.... but its a bit of a naff name... will she decorate the poor girls nursery with playboy bunnies? after all KP has often mentioned that she would like to appear in the magazine... but she is a bit past it now!

Perhaps when her daughter grows up she will use the miracle of deed poll to change her name to something that doesn't sound so bad....

Perhaps she will.
    Perhaps mine or yours will aswell.
    Or perhaps - and this is just a thought - she might actually like it.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Maggie_Moo wrote: »
    I don't think it's exaggerated at all, but time will tell, although I don't recall saying that her life will be a misery???? as you say kids are called all sorts of names now, she may well end up going through school with a few, Sky's, Teddy's, Pixies, etc, and big brother Jett will only be a class above to look out for her.

No you didn't but you did say...."this little girl will have to be a tough cookie at school" which does seem to suggest you think she'll be bullied or at best, picked on & if that's the case, I'd imagine her school years would be pretty miserable.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If her siblings all had sensible, "normal" names, then perhaps Bunny would seem a slightly odd choice.
    But Junior, Princess and Jett are not exactly normal names ( although personally I don't think they are THAT bad ).

^ I quite like that. It's got a nice rhythm to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she will.
    Perhaps mine or yours will aswell.
    Or perhaps - and this is just a thought - she might actually like it.

The more I hear it, it's not a name I'd choose & I can't say I like it but it's kind of growing on me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She has three siblings with perfectly acceptable names (junior, harvey and amelia.)

Yes they are their children, but at some point they must face the world alone without the protection of electric gates and high walls ,private schools and minders/bodyguards .That is when the poo will hit the fan .Stupid parenting on something that follows a child forever .
  • Options
    Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    It's really NOT that bad - when you think what she could have been called.
    And it's no stupider than Apple or Pixie or Buddy Bear.

I actually think these names are much worse, I mean Apple, really?? However, as for the alternative, Duchess Kate, surely she must be on a wind up? Let's just hope she doesn't have another girl who will be burdened with this truly awful name!
  • Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Someone I work with was telling me that she knew somebody once upon a time whose name was Teaspoon. It was in Africa, though. I know a man called Grace. Again, that's in Africa. And, apparently, Mary is quite a popular name for boys in Uganda...

So, in the whole scheme of things, Bunny is actually a really sensible name!! :o
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has three siblings with perfectly acceptable names (junior, harvey and amelia.)

Yes they are their children, but at some point they must face the world alone without the protection of electric gates and high walls ,private schools and minders/bodyguards .That is when the poo will hit the fan .Stupid parenting on something that follows a child forever .

:D Good God. You'd think she'd actually called the baby Empress Cleopatra Pencilcase.

Bunny is a perfectly ordinary name in the scheme of things. If anything, it's a little dull. The idea that it will generate 'poo hitting the fan' is ludicrous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I hear it, it's not a name I'd choose & I can't say I like it but it's kind of growing on me.

Me too ,like fungus or japanese knotweed unfortunately .But that's just my opinion and means zippo in the grand scheme of things .Poor kid .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In the grand scheme of things, I would have thought that being called Bunny would pale into insignificance when you look at the far, far, stupider parental decisions that Junior ,Harvey and Amelia's parents have made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of Bunny

I don't think little Bunny will be the subject of bullying due to her name tho...my son sits in a class with 'President', "Angel-Eyes' 'Zion' 'Tallulah' a host of other unusual names.
    We live in a beautiful little Welsh Village...so its hardly the zeleb 4x4 style world!

hope I'm not identified by any of the school yard mafia :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vflambee wrote: »
    Someone I work with was telling me that she knew somebody once upon a time whose name was Teaspoon. It was in Africa, though. I know a man called Grace. Again, that's in Africa. And, apparently, Mary is quite a popular name for boys in Uganda...

So, in the whole scheme of things, Bunny is actually a really sensible name!! :o

Teaspoon?!:o:D :D

Lee & Jessica Stafford called their son Angel, all those names that people think are strange are becoming the norm these days, soon we'll be :o:o if we hear someone has called their child Jane or John.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too ,like fungus or japanese knotweed unfortunately .But that's just my opinion and means zippo in the grand scheme of things. Poor kid .

Lets hope the "poor kid" never gets wind of this thread in years to come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *T*I*N*K* wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of Bunny

I don't think little Bunny will be the subject of bullying due to her name tho...my son sits in a class with 'President', "Angel-Eyes' 'Zion' 'Tallulah' a host of other unusual names.
    We live in a beautiful little Welsh Village...so its hardly the zeleb 4x4 style world!

hope I'm not identified by any of the school yard mafia :blush::D
    Oh I love tallulah ! Fabulous name. I want my first grandchild called that.Especially if it's a boy ,lol. If you can't beat them eh ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    :D God God. You'd think she's actually called the baby Empress Cleopatra Pencilcase.

Bunny is a perfectly ordinary name in the scheme of things. If anything, it's a little dull. The idea that it will generate 'poo hitting the fan' is ludicrous.

Defo dull IMO, total anti climax after the 6 week wait.

As much as I think KP is a fud of the highest order Bunny is no diff to Teddy really, the only difference really is that at least Teddy has Theodora to fall back on.
This discussion has been closed.