Options

Laura Kuenssberg joins ITV

Comments

• Options
    tiggertinytiggertiny Posts: 5,361
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Well maybe "devastated" is a slight exaggeration but I'm going to miss her. She always seemed very sharp with a keen wit.

What with the move to Salford and the squeeze on budgets, the BBC is going to have a battle to keep it's top talent.

We must hope that the move to Salford and the squeeze on budgets means we only get 30 minutes per day of Wimbledon next year instead of the 12 plus hours we get now!

As for this thread how the move of a bint from the Beeb to ITV can generate so much interest signifies a lot of fcukers with nothing much in their lives. :D
  • Options
    I Trust in God.I Trust in God. Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roll on September!
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Jilly wrote: »
    Am I the only one who could not stand her.

Well, I can't see much in her reporting that couldn't be more than adequately covered by anyone else.

I think she's got a fan club on here because she's quite attractive. I'm sure her fans on here would praise her if she stood in front of the camera and read out the telephone directory.
  • Options
    Mobility SixMobility Six Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Maybe she was tired of being forced to toe the left wing line at the BBC and decided to release herself from the shackles of the corrupt organisation.

Always had a feeling she was held back a bit.

Good luck to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Maybe she was tired of being forced to toe the left wing line at the BBC and decided to release herself from the shackles of the corrupt organisation.

Good luck to her.

It never bothered Michael Brunson.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,893
    Forum Member
    Rafer wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why she left. ITV isn't known for it's political coverage. I'd of thought that if she were going anywhere it would be to sky or abroad. I'm guessing she got a really good deal.

Officially she is supposed to be the BBC's Chief Political Correspondant but so many times I've noticed news presenter just call her "Political Corrspondat" and that made me wonder if she had been demoted or not, and it looks like she wasn't but the presenters for some reason got her title wrong. Maybe things liek that upset her.

Also, there does seem to be a case of "too many chiefs and not enough indians" now in the pecking order. Previously, Chief PC was just below Political Editor, but now they have a Deputy Political Editor as well. I also think that if Nick Robinson does leave his post that Newsnights Michael Crick might be the best person to take over, so maybe she has decided to leave to do what Robinson himself did, leave for ITV and then get the top job at the Beeb's political team etc.
    Why on earth would anyone want to go to ITV news :confused:
    allafix wrote: »
    A rising star, big loss to the BBC.

I think in the last couple of years she hasn't been as good as she was before coming Chief Political Correspondant.

I also think that she comes across as too ambitious, and imo crosses the line a bit in how she reports. When Vince Cable was shown in that Telegraph sting, she imo was getting a bit too exited and was indicating that he would either have to resign or his position was becoming untentable and again imo she gets a bit to exited in these kind of things.

I also think on a few times in the last year or so, it was becoming quite easy to work out which way she leans politicially.

Did you see the pictures of her with Ken Clarke after his interview on Radio 5 about his reforms to sentancing and how it could affect things and rape came up? Well if you haven't, keep a n eye out for it and I'l let you draw your own conclusions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    I remember Daisy whatsername moved to ITV with the promise of having the scoop on Charles Kennedy and his drinking problems but he outed himself minutes before the ITV news at 6 to spike her story, not sure she's excelled at ITV, so crossing over doesn't always work.

That was the very nice/good looking Daisy Mcandrew nee Sampson.

I think she got the Chief Political Correspondant job at ITV which was a big jump from being a co presenter on The Daily Politics.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I think she got the Chief Political Correspondant job at ITV which was a big jump from being a co presenter on The Daily Politics.

I'm still missing Jenny Scott from the Daily Politics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I'm still missing Jenny Scott from the Daily Politics.

I quite liked her but she never read out my e-mails!
  • Options
    I Trust in God.I Trust in God. Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura Kuenssberg + Libby Wiener = Win!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was the very nice/good looking Daisy Mcandrew nee Sampson.

Daisy was far better when she did her LBC97.3 drivetime show.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    I quite liked her but she never read out my e-mails!

Perhaps she read the contents of them :eek:
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big loss? Good riddance, more like. She's nothing more than a Tory sycophant. I hate the thought of my licence fee paying her wages.

Now they just need to get shot of that weirdo Nick Robinson, another shamelesly pro-Tory journo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daisy was far better when she did her LBC97.3 drivetime show.

I didn't know she was on LBC or in radio before.
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Perhaps she read the contents of them :eek:

So she's biassed, that J Scott we where talking about.
    Big loss? Good riddance, more like. She's nothing more than a Tory sycophant. I hate the thought of my licence fee paying her wages.

Now they just need to get shot of that weirdo Nick Robinson, another shamelesly pro-Tory journo.

I thought/suspected Keunssberg was a Labour supporter, not tory.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jun/22/bbc-laura-kuenssberg-to-join-itv

Big loss for the BBC imho. She was the face of their political coverage for me and I thought she would end up at the top of their political team one day. All the best at ITV Laura!

no big loss. cant think of any decent journo on any channel most do their propaganda and get a hefty wage packet for it .

laura was no exception to that rule.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good luck to her.

hahaha so funny to even think that bbc is left wing.

all the academic research indicates that it is neo con / right.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    must confess to having no idea who she was until i saw her piccy and to tell the truth my first reaction once I had was "so what's so special about her?"
    I recognised her but it didn't register that she was anything other than a bog standard BBC roving reporter type - the one's that usually annoy me because it's as if the TV news people have concluded that we, the general public, lack the imagination or ability to take in what the person in the studio has just told us until it's repeated by someone 'live' near the scene (outside courtrooms where nothing is happening in the background or 40 yards infront of a line of blue and white police tape with nothing but a few stationary coppers in bright yellow visibility jackets and the odd blue light on a parked car still flashing. That kind of thing).

Arghhh I'm going off on one !!

Breathe......

So what's so special about her that warrants a thread dedicated to a change of job. Am I missing something? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    very competent reporter. I suspect she is the type that does 16 hour days and doesn't have much of a home life.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

Or maybe not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2547970/BBC-hands-new-presenter-Laura-Kuenssberg-200-000-year-deal-600-000-viewers-thats-33p-each.html
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

She's well worth my 33p.

Besides, that's per year not per episode so that's less than 1p per viewer per week. I'm more concerned with the amount of money spent on talent-less shows and other programmes which could be done by commercial stations.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC seems to be enjoying re-recruiting former journalists. Which begs the question: should they be involved in such a war at the LF payers' expense?
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    If £200,000 gets rid of Victoria Derbyshire from Newsnight that's money well-spent.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    If £200,000 gets rid of Victoria Derbyshire from Newsnight that's money well-spent.

Word.

It`s still a black mark against them that they let Paul Mason, Matt Frei and Michael Crick get away.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has her salary been publicised or is this the usual Daily Mail 'think of a figure then double it'.

I always expected she would move back to the BBC because ITV is a bit of a dead end job for an ambitious news reporter with only a few news bulletins, no 24 hrs news channel and no equivalent to Newsnight.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    The BBC seems to be enjoying re-recruiting former journalists.

Is there any rule which says that they (or any other broadcaster/news organisation) shouldn't, especially if they bring added value? Or if they are brought in so that
    Which begs the question: should they be involved in such a war at the LF payers' expense?
    Is there any firm evidence that they are?

Or are you simply happy to accept the rather woolly claims from a paper with a track record in running any anti-BBC story, littered with speculative "which could be", "is said to have", "could be", "she is tipped", and where a single BBC employee (unnamed of course) has apparently criticised the deal?