Options

Cheers on ITV4 (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    ronin424ronin424 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    ty, though I do wish they stick to some kind of set formula. Im checking my epg every week to get them all >:(
  • Options
    Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, there's a hilarious Cheers spoof on todays Channel four Simpsons episode at twelve thirty. Only a minute of the episode, but its well worth a watch, starring most of the Cheers cast.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But oddly not Kelsey Grammer, despite Frasier Crane being shown on screen....

I love this potted little history of the show

Carla: Sammy, you're too old to go on a date with two twins the same night. You're supposed to marry Diane without Rebecca knowin'!

Sam : All right, Carla, I'll make you a bet. If this affects my major league comeback, I'll sell the bar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    But oddly not Kelsey Grammer, despite Frasier Crane being shown on screen....

I love this potted little history of the show

Carla: Sammy, you're too old to go on a date with two twins the same night. You're supposed to marry Diane without Rebecca knowin'!

Sam : All right, Carla, I'll make you a bet. If this affects my major league comeback, I'll sell the bar.

True. Can't help thinking as his character was already drawn that he couldn't make it at the very last minute. Norm going psycho was very funny.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True. Can't help thinking as his character was already drawn that he couldn't make it at the very last minute. Norm going psycho was very funny.

I read a while back that the reason they didn't have Frasier speak on The Simpsons was because his voice would have been identical to Sideshow Bob's.
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let everyone know,ITV 4 didn't show it on Thursday but they are showing the two episodes that would've been on early tomorrow morning in the usual repeat slot.:)
    Run that past me one more time please? :confused:
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    Run that past me one more time please? :confused:

ITV4 didn't show two episodes of Cheers on Thursday which should have been a two-parter and then on Friday instead of showing them,they showed two different episodes including the first of the three part finale.

They instead showed that two-part episode this morning amongst some of the ones that were already shown.

I'm sorry for not explaining it properly or if I'm wrong and they did show those on Thursday at a different time.:o
  • Options
    Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV4 didn't show two episodes of Cheers on Thursday which should have been a two-parter and then on Friday instead of showing them,they showed two different episodes including the first of the three part finale.

They instead showed that two-part episode this morning amongst some of the ones that were already shown.

I'm sorry for not explaining it properly or if I'm wrong and they did show those on Thursday at a different time.:o

Yes, they missed the double episode titled "Rebecca Gains Rebecca Losses" from the regular 7.00pm slot. They did a similar thing earlier on in season 11 and missed an episode.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is not aware they are going back to season 1 beginning tomorrow I know I will be watching them again as I missed a few this time relating to failed series links and the formentioned odd episode on the early morning slots which themselves were not linked to the regular series link
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all the messing about with ITV4 schedules I ended up watching the episode with Tom Berenger before the double episode, 'Rebecca Gaines, Rebecca Loses' however after the final 2 episodes to be shown tonight I can confidently say that I will have watched every single episode.

Cheers remains one of my all time favourite comedy shows but I was hoping that they would have started showing Frasier from the beginning as I missed quite a few episodes first time round but since they are repeating Cheers again I will definitely tune in to some of the more memorable episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Oh well then that's them all done..
    I'm a little upset that there are no new episodes to come and even though I saw most of them back in the the day it was amazing to watch some eleven years of work in just a few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, that was the first time I ever saw the finale. Very good I have to say. Better than the Frasier ending and far better than the dreadful Friends finale. Carla and Frasier's reactions on seeig Diane for the first time again were hilarious, as was Rebecca's tearful realisation that 'I married a plummer!!'

Flaws? Cliff didn't have enough to do in my opinion, and a mention of the Coach would've been nice. Oh, and no Lilith??But you can't have everything.

A big hand to Cody for the thread too, it's been fun to talk about with fellow fanatics of the programme. Cheers! :D
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that was the first time I ever saw the finale. Very good I have to say. Better than the Frasier ending and far better than the dreadful Friends finale. Carla and Frasier's reactions on seeig Diane for the first time again were hilarious, as was Rebecca's tearful realisation that 'I married a plummer!!'

Flaws? Cliff didn't have enough to do in my opinion, and a mention of the Coach would've been nice. Oh, and no Lilith??But you can't have everything.

A big hand to Cody for the thread too, it's been fun to talk about with fellow fanatics of the programme. Cheers! :D

There was an oblique reference to Coach. At the very end, as we saw Sam walking through the closed, darkened bar, he stopped and straighened up a picture of Geronimo hanging on the wall. In real life, this picture belonged to Nicholas Colasanto, and was found in his dressing room after his death. The set dressers then put it up on Cheers' back wall as a little memorial to Coach, and Danson stopped to straighten it up at the end of the finale as a nod to Colasanto/Coach.

I have to agree, I was disappointed not to see Lilith at all after her return from the eco-pod. If they were going to keep her offscreen anyway, what was the point in writing the character out and then bringing her back in such a silly way? I never bought that Lilith would abandon Freddie and Frasier.
  • Options
    Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that at the beginning of the very 1st episode,Sam walked out of the pool room and he walks into it at the end of the last episode.Little touches like that makes this one of my favourite programmes ever
  • Options
    Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't know about anyone else but I'm watching them through again. I did like the Diane and Coach years.
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey thanks Paul, didn't expect that. As you say it's been great sharing thoughts on one of the best sitcoms ever. I agree with the flaws you've listed, particularly about Cliff; nowhere near enough of him at the end.
    One for the Road?
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`ve been watching these with my teenage son through to the end.

I`m not ashamed to say that we both shed a tear when Sam straightened Coach`s picture and then walked off into the darkness.

Incredible finale to a fantastic series. My fourteen year old kid reckons it is funnier than anything on air today.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Why was Woody absent so much in the final season?

Why did they have to destroy Lilith's character? I know Bebe Neuworth wanted to leave, but couldn't have come up with a better exit than having her cheat on Frasier and go to live in an underground pod (not to mention Frasier calling her a "****" to cheers from the studio audience several times)? Then they brought her back to get her and Frasier back together but she was never seen again and they were divorced when Fraiser started. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=AA2009;69129943

Why was Woody absent so much in the final season

Why did they have to destroy Lilith's character? I know Bebe Neuworth wanted to leave, but couldn't have come up with a better exit than having her cheat on Frasier and go to live in an underground pod (not to mention Frasier calling her a "****" to cheers from the studio audience several times)? Then they brought her back to get her and Frasier back together but she was never seen again and they were divorced when Fraiser started. Very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

his Hollywood career was taking off during the final season I do beleve
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New here so probably going over old ground, but...

Was up with the lark this morning so watched all the ITV4 episodes they were showing. Wow, I'd forgotten how great this show was from the start. (Assume they were season 1) Nicholas Colasantos was so wonderful and the episode with his daughter (Agnes from Moonlighting!) Had me welling up. The episode with Diane's uptight University friend (the cute, funny blonde from 'Newhart'!) was superb...but they're all good, of course.

Also reminded me how great Shelley Long was...and it's funny that Cliff's voice doesn't appear to have broken yet. :eek: :)
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    Why was Woody absent so much in the final season?

Why did they have to destroy Lilith's character? I know Bebe Neuworth wanted to leave, but couldn't have come up with a better exit than having her cheat on Frasier and go to live in an underground pod (not to mention Frasier calling her a "****" to cheers from the studio audience several times)? Then they brought her back to get her and Frasier back together but she was never seen again and they were divorced when Fraiser started. Very disappointing.

Cheers is my favourite sitcom in the world that I never tire of watching but I agree with you.The final season was very hit and miss IMO.All they had to do was make out that Lilith had to spend more time at work so couldn't hang around the bar as much.I guess they were writing it to set up Frasier's spin-off but it just seemd totally out of place that she would just desert her husband and son like that and then come back later.Also didn't care for the final episodes been about Rebecca.She was only in it for 6 years while the likes of long-running characters Norm and Cliff were sidelined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has Cheers suddenly completely disappeared from the schedules, or is it just somewhere I can't find it? Seems a bit strange CBS Action and ITV4 both stopped showing it at the same time.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So has Cheers suddenly completely disappeared from the schedules, or is it just somewhere I can't find it? Seems a bit strange CBS Action and ITV4 both stopped showing it at the same time.

It's still on ITV4. It's on all next week (daily)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still on ITV4. It's on all next week (daily)
    During the day or during the night?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the day or during the night?

In the mornings. Looks like they're all repeated on Saturday & Sunday too.