Options

The Mark Benton Thread Of Appreciation and Love!

Mark we love you!

Comments

• Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Such a sweet cheeky interview... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g1g55
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Such a sweet cheeky interview... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g1g55

Laughed at his favourite SCD celeb - Chelsee Healey - he had to say that or she would batter him:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laughed at his favourite SCD celeb - Chelsee Healey - he had to say that or she would batter him:cool:

Loved it!!!...He is has such a cheeky look .... Hope he gets Kristina...I am sure they would be a hoot together... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved it!!!...He is has such a cheeky look .... Hope he gets Kristina...I am sure they would be a hoot together... :)

He had the best sense of fun, with the innane questions that were asked, he could ad lib his answers, where as others were a bit too literal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He had the best sense of fun, with the innane questions that were asked, he could ad lib his answers, where as others were a bit too literal.

And the way he kept giving those funny looks to the left!!!;):D
    So endearing!!!!
    lol.... I had never heard of Waterloo Road before Chelsee joined SCD (I don't watch any of these soaps shown, I am more a CSI/NCIS/mystery/murder type of person) and first saw Mark when Pasha visited Chelsee on set...lol... and the only episode I watched somehow I don't know how is the wedding debacle episode....lol...
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's going to be one of my favourites this year, as long as he can stay in. Such a lively good sense of humour. Karma, you're so right about the ad libbing. (Not a Waterloo road watcher either, Pashulty. He was in a tv drama called Nature Boy a while back, a hell of a role, demanding proper acting... with a very young Lee Ingleby, but even so, he's naturally funny and kind of wry)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    He's going to be one of my favourites this year, as long as he can stay in. Such a lively good sense of humour. Karma, you're so right about the ad libbing. (Not a Waterloo road watcher either, Pashulty. He was in a tv drama called Nature Boy a while back, a hell of a role, demanding proper acting... with a very young Lee Ingleby, but even so, he's naturally funny and kind of wry)

Hi Monkey, long time no speak:) Mwah glad you are back on the forum:)

Yes Mark is a good character actor. seems like he has gotten in the sparkly, sequin mood, whilst starring in Hairspray, reckons he will do a back flip on SCD, that I'd pay to see lol:D

http://www.chad.co.uk/webimage/1.5823590.1372936162!/image/4282527575.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/4282527575.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Monkey, long time no speak:) Mwah glad you are back on the forum:)

Yes Mark is a good character actor. seems like he has gotten in the sparkly, sequin mood, whilst starring in Hairspray, reckons he will do a back flip on SCD, that I'd pay to see lol:D

http://www.chad.co.uk/webimage/1.5823590.1372936162!/image/4282527575.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/4282527575.jpg

:eek::eek: ooo.... Thanks Karma....I wouldn't have known him....:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: ooo.... Thanks Karma....I wouldn't have known him....:eek::eek:

Nor me, unless I heard him say he was starring in it:D Seen him in him quite a few things, he is good in period pieces too, versatile actor. I too only saw Chelsee and Mark in WR wedding bit:D Someone commented on his weight, if he is like Michael Ball, he perhaps added the pounds for Hairspray role, MB said he got fed up of the extra padding he had to wear, so ate more intstead, as good a reason as any lol:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nor me, unless I heard him say he was starring in it:D Seen him in him quite a few things, he is good in period pieces too, versatile actor. I too only saw Chelsee and Mark in WR wedding bit:D Someone commented on his weight, if he is like Michael Ball, he perhaps added the pounds for Hairspray role, MB said he got fed up of the extra padding he had to wear, so ate more intstead, as good a reason as any lol:D

What a good reason to eat!!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a good reason to eat!!! ;)

As if I need an excuse;) He will dance some of it off I am sure. Hopefully he will be nimble of foot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As if I need an excuse;) He will dance some of it off I am sure. Hopefully he will be nimble of foot.

Fingers crossed!!! :)
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch WR, but I'll always know the name of the dog that found the World Cup.:D
  • Options
    anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Benton never crossed my radar before, but I've just found a TV series he was in called "Fallen Angel" and he is excellent in it. His character is a slightly mentally challenged man who really likes children but is controlled by a psycho. He's not only a comedy actor but a good dramatic one as well.

With his cheeky interviews and his pedigree as a performer, I think I am really going to enjoy him. Here's hoping he gets to stick around for a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anothermi wrote: »
    Mark Benton never crossed my radar before, but I've just found a TV series he was in called "Fallen Angel" and he is excellent in it. His character is a slightly mentally challenged man who really likes children but is controlled by a psycho. He's not only a comedy actor but a good dramatic one as well.

With his cheeky interviews and his pedigree as a performer, I think I am really going to enjoy him. Here's hoping he gets to stick around for a bit.

Thanks for the heads up, anothermi. I'd missed that on tv but DVD now ordered. :)
  • Options
    anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, anothermi. I'd missed that on tv but DVD now ordered. :)

I think I should have specified that he is only in the 1st episode. :o (there are 3 in total). But it's also got Charles Dance and a few other excellent actors, so hopefully it's still worth it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anothermi wrote: »
    I think I should have specified that he is only in the 1st episode. :o (there are 3 in total). But it's also got Charles Dance and a few other excellent actors, so hopefully it's still worth it. :D

Well worth it! And I only paid 3 quid for it... :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I join in? Went to see Hairspray on Tuesday and was lucky enough to meet the lovely Mark at the stage door. He was kind enough to give up his time to pose for photos with us all and have a bit of a laugh and joke. Have been a fan of his tv work for a while and was really impressed with his take on Edna Turnblad - very funny, great voice. Hope he and Iveta stay in for a while x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Iveta were amazing. The choreography, the story and attitude were terrific. I was impressed by his dancing and her acting!! It made you forget the show and just enjoy the performance. Very pleased for them both and I really hope they can go far. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved Mark's tango very much.. my favourite of the night...Everyone was pinning him as the comedy contestant... Showed them al... lol...He acted and danced the tango well and I loved Iveta's choreography.. :)

Really hope they go far... :)
  • Options
    notsolonely153notsolonely153 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My completely unexpected favourite of last night!
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark and Iveta were amazing. The choreography, the story and attitude were terrific. I was impressed by his dancing and her acting!! It made you forget the show and just enjoy the performance. Very pleased for them both and I really hope they can go far. :)

My thoughts exactly. Love him as an actor and had a feeling he'd get into the scd vibe. Loved his performance and thought he danced really well. Hope him and Iveta go far.
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark was very good last night. The routine was great - best routine of the night. I really hope he can remain longer opportunity plenty of room for him to develop.
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Count me in as pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Mark and Iveta last night. :) What a difference from his training footage! :eek: To my un-trained eye, his technique was good for a first dance and for someone of his size. And he performed it magnificently! Even though it had a comedic element to it, I think it's obvious he's taking learning to dance very seriously and is determined to work hard. It was so touching to see how grateful he was to get praise from the judges.

I hope he stays in the competition for a good while. :)