Euro Acts. For or Against?

InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
Forum Member
✭✭
Quite often when an impressive non UK act appears on BGT they have history on another version of the show. Light Balance were on Ukraine's Got Talent last year and reached the final.

So is it fair that they can pick up their act and bring it to this country and try again on BGT?

I suppose as an entertainment show they can do what they want and let whatever acts they want appear but it does strike me as a little unfair that someone can line up at an audition with no prior experience of the franchise and go up against an act that reached the final in another version of the show.

Another example here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602833/Britains-Got-Talent-fakery-row-Producers-scout-PROFESSIONALS-compete-new-season-star-act-79-won-Spain.html

Are they really that short on applicants and talent in this country that they're having to fill with european acts from the other shows?

It is what it is I suppose but I'm not sure I like it.

Comments

• Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where do you want to draw the line ......DNA tests ??
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the American group thats like this Light balance?
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe BGT (and X Factor, etc) counts as a 'job' so they have to let EU people in, it'd be illegal for them not to.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For people that don't live here, it makes an absolute mockery of the show. I don't care what Cowell says, this show's called Britain's Got Talent and not The World's Got Talent. It's not just Euro acts though, I think this way about anyone that's living outside of Britain, especially if they don't come from here.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Against
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad truth is Britain doesn't have a big enough talent pool to maintain peoples interest in the show...unless you want to see endless chavy dance troups , middle England stage school kids or "surprise" opera singers. So they need to add some diversity and uniqueness to proceedings.....hence scouting Europe for "talent".

Wish they would do the same for X-Factor tbh.
  • TheDukeOfTalkTheDukeOfTalk Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I'm all for it. If you're good enough you deserve a shot regardless of where you are from.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITAIN'S Got Talent

not

EUROPE'S Got Talent
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they'd rather not be humiliated in their own country. :p
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for it. If you're good enough you deserve a shot regardless of where you are from.

Then there's no point calling it BRITAIN'S got talent.

Do British acts perform in other countries?
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then there's no point calling it BRITAIN'S got talent.

Do British acts perform in other countries?

A british guy actually won a french show, either their Got Talent or X Factor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then maybe they should change it to Europe's Got Talent. It's misleading otherwise.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    Fighting gravity. http://youtu.be/puLZe-IKbnY
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Against !!!!!!
    Forum Member
    Sad truth is Britain doesn't have a big enough talent pool to maintain peoples interest in the show...unless you want to see endless chavy dance troups , middle England stage school kids or "surprise" opera singers. So they need to add some diversity and uniqueness to proceedings.....hence scouting Europe for "talent".

Wish they would do the same for X-Factor tbh.
    Yes, as we should all know by now, these shows are light entertainment TV designed to make us watch lots of ads. They're not really about finding stars. If one or two turn up, then that's a bonus.

So Cowell's job is to make the TV show as entertaining as possible and if he has to bend a few rules he can live with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i think it's stupid.

How can a non Brit win the show and then perform in front of the Queen as a Brit?
    Forum Member
    Well i think it's stupid.

How can a non Brit win the show and then perform in front of the Queen as a Brit?
    I actually agree with you. Got to Dance specifically says they're out to find Britain and Ireland's best dance act. A Canadian won last year but he was London based. If he'd been based in Canada then I'm not sure that I'd have been happy. But BGT isn't bothered.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    Mandark wrote: »
    Fighting gravity. http://youtu.be/puLZe-IKbnY

I think you were thinking of iLuminate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKcjE0tQxE
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan Boyle could be classed as a foreigner by the end of September..
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I think you were thinking of iLuminate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKcjE0tQxE
    Ah right. Thanks!
  • psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Heyellll the're even coming from America now, it's ridiculous. I'm not against it if they live here, but the way they just fly in especially for the show is just cringeworthy.

Why not make the rules that you have had to have lived in that country for at least a year, but then do a big show with all the winners from each country that is shown globally ?
    Forum Member
    If there's a big enough backlash they'd probably tighten the rules. But considering the popular reaction to that shadow group last year, I can't see it happening any time soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But, do others allow people from different countries on their version? I do feel a name change is in order if we're gonna continue, not going to Scotland seems a really stupid so it's not even Britain anyway. Just call it we've got talent for you. & be done with it
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Xenophobia lives, a fear of of anything foreign and its 'GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY' get stuffed you miserable dimwit.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've no issue with people from other countres winning The Voice or X Factor..but I think it's rather bizarre for them to win Britains Got Talent (the clue is in the title).

It's like a 30 year old bloke winning Young Apprentice or a cat winning Crufts..

I'd like it to be restricted to British Citizens..or at least restricted to people who have been living here for 6 months +...or just change the shows title to reflect it's not about what talent Britain has.