Three unlimited tethering ending 15th this month

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And before anyone says "not another Three thread", I'm only posting this because I've just been told earlier today in a Three store. That goes for 12month and 1month sim only deals, she said their contract phone plans have changed already too.

So if you want unlimited tethering get it before the 15th folks

Comments

• Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough I have just been told that on the phone 5 mins ago, however they did say it would be Monday it would be gone.....
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told last day is Monday, as I said that's from a sales lady in store........

Don't know what to believe sometimes lol. Although it's going to be the last week for it that's for sure
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this affect existing One Plan sims?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, anything bought BEFORE the 15th of this month which has "all you can eat data" and tethering will be unlimited as far as I know. You will just leave it and carry on, if you except an upgrade or change price plans you'll be subject to the new 2GB limit
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    And before anyone says "not another Three thread", I'm only posting this because I've just been told earlier today in a Three store.

But there was a thread started only a few days ago, saying exactly the same thing: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1981898

All this extra thread means is that we have to end up repeating everything over and over, when people start to say tethering has already ended, or that existing customers will lose it, or that contracts 'expire'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, anything bought BEFORE the 15th of this month which has "all you can eat data" and tethering will be unlimited as far as I know. You will just leave it and carry on, if you except an upgrade or change price plans you'll be subject to the new 2GB limit

A lot of assumptions are being made that it's a 2GB limit. Hopefully some people will be pleasantly surprised!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also said in the shop today that it will be 2GB! again thats only what the sales person in the shop said so dont shoot me down if its wrong.

Jon, i didnt know that we already knew it was on the 15th, i thought it was just '' sometime in july'' hence why i made a new thread to tell everyone of the exact date.

If anything ive said here turns out to be wrong then blame the Redditch Three store lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it is definitely the 15th (I believe it is, mind), but do we need a new thread to give a date? The changes, and that date, have all been discussed before in the other one.

We don't create a new thread every time someone finds a new place that has 4G coverage do we? It goes in an existing thread.

And as for the tethering allowance, I've been told a different amount which isn't the same as the handset tariffs. There might also be some additional (time limited) promotions on one or more of them, presumably to entice people to sign up or possibly even upgrade, if things like free 0800 calling is of interest, and tethering isn't deemed vital (beyond the amount included, with the ability to 'top up' the tethering allowance every now and then).
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    They also said in the shop today that it will be 2GB! again thats only what the sales person in the shop said so dont shoot me down if its wrong.

If anything ive said here turns out to be wrong then blame the Redditch Three store lol

Sales people don't know what they're talking about half the time.
  • gardensleepergardensleeper Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what I'd love to see Three or EE offer:

A standard mobile plan with handset data included, along with the option to buy extra tethered data at the same price as their mobile broadband plans, but built into the same sim. Then I've got the flexibility of using or buying extra tethering when I want it, without having to buy an extra device - (and NOT slowed down by trafficsense because I've paid extra for it!!)

Couldn't this be offered as a bolt on or similar?

It's a shame to see that unlimited tethering is coming to an end. Like others on this thread, I don't routinely use it, but it has been great in certain situations where I've found myself without an internet connection, and on those occasions, nice to have the flexibility to go over 2gb.
    Forum Member
    Here's what I'd love to see Three or EE offer:

A standard mobile plan with handset data included, along with the option to buy extra tethered data at the same price as their mobile broadband plans, but built into the same sim. Then I've got the flexibility of using or buying extra tethering when I want it, without having to buy an extra device - (and NOT slowed down by trafficsense because I've paid extra for it!!)

Couldn't this be offered as a bolt on or similar?

It's a shame to see that unlimited tethering is coming to an end. Like others on this thread, I don't routinely use it, but it has been great in certain situations where I've found myself without an internet connection, and on those occasions, nice to have the flexibility to go over 2gb.

Then just go buy the one plan today. It'll still be unlimited after. For £20 its good.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Then just go buy the one plan today. It'll still be unlimited after. For £20 its good.

Except for the extra throttling and "let's get the freeloaders off the network" measures 3 has and will probably introduce in the future.

A capped mobile broadband addon would imply no throttling.
    Forum Member
    Trafficsense applies to the new plans as well.

Besides I don't get throttled on my plan really. It depends a lot on the area you're in and how much you use.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    It seems to be on the cards from Mon/Tues having had it confirmed by instore staff as well. Interestingly the apparent limit on tethering is supposed to be higher than the apparent 2gb mentioned, they seem to think it will be more generous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    It seems to be on the cards from Mon/Tues having had it confirmed by instore staff as well. Interestingly the apparent limit on tethering is supposed to be higher than the apparent 2gb mentioned, they seem to think it will be more generous.

As I said above, they said 2gb in store, if it's higher then she was wrong. But she didn't look anything up on the system or go to check with anyone else, she just told me straight off the bat, seemed very confident
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »

You should trust people on here more than in the stores!
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would make logical sense for Three to set the limit at around 10GB. That should satisfy the majority of people. Well maybe not one person on here!
    Forum Member
    eljmayes wrote: »
    It would make logical sense for Three to set the limit at around 10GB. That should satisfy the majority of people. Well maybe not one person on here!

Don't expect it to be anywhere near 10GB.

I think wavejock mentioned the tethering limit in another thread.
  • Sphinxy1Sphinxy1 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Final chance folks.

12m contract: http://goo.gl/7Od5G5
    1m rolling contract: http://goo.gl/xX1qmm

Monday makes sense.
  • Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im holding onto my 15£ a month One Plan forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Fisher wrote: »
    Im holding onto my 15£ a month One Plan forever.

£15 one plan, how did you manage that
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have got that as well. That was the price when I signed up back in December last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Before they hiked the prices a 5er recently. On my bill it says £25 12 Month One plan. Then I have a £10 discount every month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Fisher wrote: »
    Before they hiked the prices a 5er recently. On my bill it says £25 12 Month One plan. Then I have a £10 discount every month.

Fair play that's a bargain
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play that's a bargain
    Yeah it is. I'll just keep paying that and getting unlimited forever!