Heart Manchester...If only!

Comments

• HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you want a job at Global?:rolleyes:

And I thought with a username like that, you'll think they listen to Capital Manchester?

Same company right?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What ARE you banging on about? Come on, either move the debate on or quit trolling.

My own personal like would be to have Heart in Manchester on fm radio, THAT IS ALL.
  • Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Same company right?!

Yes, unless you think I was talking about Key 103 or Metro Radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond witty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My own personal like would be to have Heart in Manchester on fm radio, THAT IS ALL.

And if that happened i'm sure you'll be changing your username right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has my username got to do with what station I listen to?
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the soft rock faded on Real is that to make it sound different to Real Radio XS?

I'd say that's a safe bet, although XS's FM coverage is reduced to the Manchester and Paisley/Glasgow areas.
  • do aboutdo about Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure Real North East rajars haven't done too well recently, the Real Network has merged into Heart anyway interms of playlist / tacky competitions etc, so it won't be too long for the fatal Heart is coming.

Wouldn't rule this out at all now Heart are already expanding the brand further into Cornwall. This is a sign Global want th Heart brand to b expanded further and taking over Real means they'll get coverage in places as far as Yorkshire and Scotland, just what Global want probably.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Greater Manchester and am listening to Heart FM Wirral online as I speak.
    http://ukrp.musicradio.com/heart/wirral/live
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ONLINE and HEART WIRRAL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do win the Euromillions then make you donate some of it to Global then?:yawn:
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    I live in Greater Manchester and am listening to Heart FM Wirral online as I speak.
    http://ukrp.musicradio.com/heart/wirral/live

Sadly wherever you listen to it HEART is the same. Only difference is Breakfast and Drive LOCAL hosts but NATIONAL playlist.:D
    GMG Bauer Global take your pick Ladies and Gentlemen...
    Magic,Smooth,Real,Gold other than ads Traffic and a couple of minutes Local news they are all National
    GWR sure as hell have a lot to answer for ......:cry:
    Forum Member
    :Just slightly off thread the Century /Real FM station in the Midlands is the only one that due to listeners and licence requirements didnt succumb. It is now GEM 106.. A nod to the fondly remembered GEM am which GWR slaughtered and still very rightly missed in the East Midlands
    As far as I know still independent but for how long?????:confused:
  • BangersBangers Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ONLINE and HEART WIRRAL.

As I've already said, you can get Heart on DAB in Manchester, so I really don't get your problem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wants it on 105.4 FM in Manchester. DAB doesn't here the same feeling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Will there ever be an option for heart in Manchester or even the north west?

Hope so!

You're 'avin' a laugh, aren't you?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funky Phil don't be too suprise if that happens somewhere down the line.
    Forum Member

I can understand that but unless they buy an FM station like Tower or the Revolution still as yet not owned by the big three and re brand it wont happen:cry:Also to cover the area fully any of those stations would have to be pumped up signal wise causing interference with others:mad:
    Cant see the Radio Authority or whatever they call themselves now would be too happy either:(
    Forum Member

As an Aside we live two miles and a bit from Manchester City centre 105.4 reception isnt that great.never has been and thats with a decent roof top aerial :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Cant see the Radio Authority or whatever they call themselves now would be too happy either:(

Ofcom.

They can't do anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an Aside we live two miles and a bit from Manchester City centre 105.4 reception isnt that great.never has been and thats with a decent roof top aerial :o

That is bad!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bangers wrote: »
    As I've already said, you can get Heart on DAB in Manchester, so I really don't get your problem?

Yes I can listen online, tv dab, smart phone and all that jazz BUT it's not on NORMAL radio.....you know how most normal people listen to radio. In the car etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funky Phil wrote: »
    You're 'avin' a laugh, aren't you?!

No joke!
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :Just slightly off thread the Century /Real FM station in the Midlands is the only one that due to listeners and licence requirements didnt succumb. It is now GEM 106.. A nod to the fondly remembered GEM am which GWR slaughtered and still very rightly missed in the East Midlands
    As far as I know still independent but for how long?????:confused:

And given this thread, it's ironic that that was Heart before it was rebranded!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I can understand that but unless they buy an FM station like Tower or the Revolution still as yet not owned by the big three and re brand it wont happen:cry:Also to cover the area fully any of those stations would have to be pumped up signal wise causing interference with others:mad:

tower fm is owned by utv i think you mean imagine fm