Options

In 10 years’ time, Doctor Who will still have only lasted through 1 complete decade.

Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
Forum Member
I just thought this was an interesting thought.

So far, Doctor Who has only been on air through one complete decade (the 1970s).

That will still be true in 10 years’ time.

And it would still have been true in 20 years’ time if this year’s break had just been 1 year later.

I wonder if anyone else finds that particular fact quite interesting? :p

Comments

• Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    It won't be true in 10 years time if the show has at least one new episode every year from 2010 to 2019. :p
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,101
    Forum Member
    It made it through the whole of the 80s too. I think it finished in December 89.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    It made it through the whole of the 80s too. I think it finished in December 89.

But there was the Colin Baker hiatus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    but the show was on in both 85 and 86, so new episodes were shown in every year of the 80s as well as the 70s
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Standard! We need a standard! :eek:
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Rooks wrote: »
    geofftswin wrote: »
    but the show was on in both 85 and 86, so new episodes were shown in every year of the 80s as well as the 70s
    You're both correct. Episodes were shown from January to March in 1984 and 1985, then September to December in 1986. The final classic episode was shown on 8 December 1989.