Cara Delevigne being promoted as the new Kate Moss

SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
Forum Member
✭✭
Is this irritating anyone else? They are really trying to make this girl "happen". I don't blame her for making the most of her opportunities and trying to make a name for herself, but she's being shoved in our faces constantly by her PR and marketing people and the media.

They are trying to portray her as the new Kate Moss.

Genuine similarities:

*Both traditionally too short for modelling
*Both English
*Both have a characterful appearance

Things about Kate Moss that they are trying to copy:

*The grungy style - Cara is trying to imitate this but she just ends up looking ill and grotty, rather than laid back and cool

*Hardcore partying - I don't think this is really the way Cara is, or she's just getting involved in the party life-style to gain attention and notoriety for her supposed hedonism (a trait celebrated in the fashion world)

*Drugs - a few weeks or months ago they tried to make a big thing out of Cara fumbling around in her bag and "accidentally" making a small packet of white powder fly out. I think this was contrived and they were trying to make her into Cocaine Cara. The funny thing was, no one gave a f*** and they didn't get the controversy they craved.

Other things that are annoying me:

*The fake showbiz friends - one minute she was making a big deal out of being friends with her "wifey", professional Rihanna imitator Rita Ora, then as soon as she became more famous she dumped Rita and started conspicuously hanging out with the real Rihanna.

*The gurning - yes love, you can cross your eyes, scowl and stretch your mouth like Wallace off Wallace and Gromit. How quirky!

*Always looking unhygienic - this ties in with the grungy thing. She just makes herself look dirty and not pretty. People will start to think she doesn't deserve to be a model if she keeps running around looking like that, thinking she's being cool.

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I find the constant press annoying and she's on holiday with Rhianna which tells me all I need to know.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised when I saw her in the 'Well Dunn With Jourdan Dunn' video - totally different to what I expected her to be. She seems like a top girl. With that said I'm still not getting the hype about her.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Just another over-privileged 20 year old Girl in Britain doing what over-privileged Girls do, all bought and paid for by Daddy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Just another over-privileged 20 year old Girl in Britain doing what over-privileged Girls do, all bought and paid for by Daddy.

Correct.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree:D
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    It won't happen. Kate Moss's beauty when she was younger was one of a kind.She could be photographed from any angle doing anything and still look amazing.

Cara is very very pretty, but that's about it. To be the new Kate Moss she has to be memorable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's irritating the heck out of me, as is her sister Poppy. I find them very unattractive. I don't like the supermodel look anyway for the most part but I find Cara especially to be almost ugly. She just isn't my "type" at all. I do not get the media obsession with her or Poppy and it's already become incredibly tedious. It's like out of nowhere there was this huge push to make Cara Delevigne "happen" and they've been relentless ever since, with no sign of slowing down.

I'm finding her as annoying as I find Pippa Middleton, which is saying something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She's just a girl with a slim body and a rich father. That's literally it. She's not ugly, she has nice eyes and she's a good height but I don't think she's a amazing as people make out, her hair looks lank and her eyebrows look ridiculous.

It annoys me how much they're pushing her though. Look! She's dating this quirky musician, Look! She's friends with celebrities! Look! She's eating a chip, she's like US guys, she's just like the ordinary peasants! Quirky! Fashionista! Loud! Kooky! Funny!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    It won't happen. Kate Moss's beauty when she was younger was one of a kind.She could be photographed from any angle doing anything and still look amazing.

Cara is very very pretty, but that's about it. To be the new Kate Moss she has to be memorable.

Totally agree - Kate was always memorable and stunning in her youth. She was effortlessly cool too.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on!
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How can you say that? She is working hard as a model not swanning around living off Daddy's money
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like the Grinch & has a teenage boys legs
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I find the constant press annoying and she's on holiday with Rhianna which tells me all I need to know.

She's upgraded from Rita Ora then. The 3 of them give the impression of being skanky and Lesbians.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me how much they're pushing her though. Look! She's dating this quirky musician, Look! She's friends with celebrities! Look! She's eating a chip, she's like US guys, she's just like the ordinary peasants! Quirky! Fashionista! Loud! Kooky! Funny!

You have summed up my feelings about her exactly!

That whole 'wifey' thing with Rita Ora was awful, too. If they were an actual couple I wouldn't have batted an eyelid but that sort of "Ooh, look at us, we're calling each other wifey and sort of but not kissing each other, we might be lesbians, look at us, look at us!" vibe was just too much.
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    She looks like the Grinch & has a teenage boys legs

I agree in the nicest possible way:D
    Forum Member
    She's upgraded from Rita Ora then. The 3 of them give the impression of being skanky and Lesbians.

Yep Rita is peeved off about Cara making a fool of her on stage or something:yawn:
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just a girl with a slim body and a rich father. That's literally it. She's not ugly, she has nice eyes and she's a good height but I don't think she's a amazing as people make out, her hair looks lank and her eyebrows look ridiculous.

I liked her at first because I naturally have thick dark eyebrows and long blondish hair :D I even look like her a bit facially (but I'm not pretty lol) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    How can you say that? She is working hard as a model not swanning around living off Daddy's money

Daddy obviously has connections though. How else do you explain her overnight runaway success and the constant media hyping? You don't tend to get that friendly with the press so fast unless you have the right mates.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daddy obviously has connections though. How else do you explain her overnight runaway success and the constant media hyping? You don't tend to get that friendly with the press so fast unless you have the right mates.

Not in the modelling world. The agency will be hyping her not the photographers
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Yep Rita is peeved off about Cara making a fool of her on stage or something:yawn:

Surely she's quite good at doing that herself without any help from her wifey...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Not in the modelling world. The agency will be hyping her not the photographers

She dated Harry Styles right? Is there anything connected to 1D you won't defend to the death? Not trying to be confrontational, I'm just a bit bemused by it.
    Forum Member
    They are completely obsessed, 2 stories today and one was about a distant relative being a high class hooker or something. I can understand her getting press but they verge on the ridiculous.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick of seeing this person in The Sun newspaper practically every day! She is just dull dull dull!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Squatch wrote: »
    I liked her at first because I naturally have thick dark eyebrows and long blondish hair :D I even look like her a bit facially (but I'm not pretty lol) :cool:

I'm sure you are pretty! :)

I have dark eyebrows, although thinner than hers, and long hair also so it's nothing against the look (incase I sounded catty). I just think with long hair there's so many ways to style it and she always just leaves it hanging flaty. :confused:
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she can look absolutely stunning, but other times she just looks pretty but nothing special. She seems like a pretty cool girl though, I don't think it's fair to hate her cos she has rich parents!!!