Parking

Comments

• Options
    Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    You haven't! Your first post offers no advice

i said it regarded the subject. not that offered advice. in fact you could say i advised her to do some research on the subject rather. good advice? potentially. advising somebody to try an research avenue other than an entertainment forum wen it comes to parking matters could be good advice. just look!
    and all your other posts continue to a) respond to other posters calling you on your lack of relevance

what about your lack of relevance?:kitty: Notice I do state in very paragrapgh which you couldn't be bothered to cut and paste...

"" i have posted two posts regarding the subject. the rest of the posts (7 or so) have been replies to forum warriors like yourself about boring boring irrelevant bullshit. to wit - the only reason why i'm posting is because you're bothering me directly.""

how many of your posts have been on topic hot shot?:cool:
    and b) trying to convince others of the disingenuous nature of the OP due to you finding their first post so oddly offensive.

I've not tried to convince anybody of anything. you took issue with my post and i posted that I couldn't understand how anybody could take it seriously.
    Your posts have been argumentative,

In response to yours and blueblades argumentive and attacking posts.
    irrelevant

at least one of my posts have been on topic. how many have yours? :cool:
    and trying to bait the OP

I have responded once to the OP, and then once to the flounce. Why the OP flounced despite them recieving several enquires as to the reality of the situation, one can only speculate.
    and failing that, others in the thread.

Hypocisy thy name is Pull2Open. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Yes, which is why I've directly answered it at post No 44, in the most helpful way possible.

cool beans.

Mr blueblade - can you explain that if you thought this was a bone fide question - why you didn't answer it at Post #15? Or at #34, #36, #41, #43?

Can you explain why you indulged in a tedious exchange with a poster who has shown you up several times before on these forums from 0630 this morning?

I think ladies and gentleman of the jury - that Mr BlueBlade was trying to make a point and potentially a needle rather than thinking the question was indeed bone fide.

LOL:kitty:
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i said it regarded the subject. not that offered advice. in fact you could say i advised her to do some research on the subject rather. good advice? potentially. advising somebody to try an research avenue other than an entertainment forum wen it comes to parking matters could be good advice. just look!

what about your lack of relevance?:kitty: Notice I do state in very paragrapgh which you couldn't be bothered to cut and paste...

"" i have posted two posts regarding the subject. the rest of the posts (7 or so) have been replies to forum warriors like yourself about boring boring irrelevant bullshit. to wit - the only reason why i'm posting is because you're bothering me directly.""

how many of your posts have been on topic hot shot?:cool:

I've not tried to convince anybody of anything. you took issue with my post and i posted that I couldn't understand how anybody could take it seriously.

In response to yours and blueblades argumentive and attacking posts.

at least one of my posts have been on topic. how many have yours? :cool:

I have responded once to the OP, and then once to the flounce. Why the OP flounced despite them recieving several enquires as to the reality of the situation, one can only speculate.

Hypocisy thy name is Pull2Open. :blush:

I came on to offer advice and saw that the advice I was going to give had already been given twice, no point in saying the same thing for a third time. I then noticed your bullshit post and commented on it unhelpfulness ( please don't try and convince people that you were trying to be helpful it'll make you look even more foolish) you then start to make suggestions that the OP is WUM and continued on your crusade in numerous posts to discredit the OP. You then go on to call me the 'Forum Police' and Blueblade a 'Forum Warrior'. Do you not detect a hint of irony or even hypocracy in that?
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Folky wrote: »
    So no one on here knows the law about white or any other coloured van parking in front of their property. Looks like your all comedians. Would like to know how you would feel if said van was always parked outside your property and not outside the owners property.
    In a nutshell there is no law if the vehicle is not on your property, which it isn't.

If blocking access in and out of your driveway which you need for vehicle access, then yes you can politely ask the van owner if they could move it whilst you get your car in/out. Not an unreasonable request which 99.9% would comply with.

Just because the owners van is always parked up outside your property (seems strange that it's always outside yours and nobody elses!) doesn't give you any legal right to ask them to move it.

Where do you park your car/s.....outside the van owners?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came on to offer advice and saw that the advice I was going to give had already been given twice, no point in saying the same thing for a third time. I then noticed your bullshit post and commented on it unhelpfulness

So you saw what you percieved as irrelevance and then proceed to be totally irrelevant and unhelpful with a bullshit post of your own. And you say you aren't the forum conduct police.:kitty:
    ( please don't try and convince people that you were trying to be helpful it'll make you look even more foolish)

the FACT of the matter is that while you think my post was unhelpful - your posts on the thread have definitively been unhelpful, irrelevant and bull shit. Must be hard on you when you realised that on your forum crusade!:blush:
    you then start to make suggestions that the OP is WUM and continued on your crusade in numerous posts to discredit the OP.

A "crusade"? You asked the questions and I answered them. Get this, mr self important, if you hadn't of posted at me with your bullshit post, i wouldn't have posted and this thread would have proceeded merrily along.

Are you that blissfully unaware that it is you on the "crusade" to combat my perceived wrongs?:o
    You then go on to call me the 'Forum Police' and Blueblade a 'Forum Warrior'. Do you not detect a hint of irony or even hypocracy in that?

I actually called you the "Forum Conduct Police" - which as you couldn't help but criticise my conduct is probably an apt label.

I actually called you both "Forum Warriors" "the rest of the posts (7 or so) have been replies to forum warriors like yourself ." - but you would have seen that had you not seen red and address a single sentence of a single post.

I thought it was a bone question, it got answered in a bone way.^_^

and then you happened.

irony and hypocracy? i mustn't know the definition, because again the only reason why i'm still posting on this thread is because you keep posting at me.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least one of my posts have been on topic :cool:

Wow ^_^

...and you say I'm being shown up lol.....:D

I'll leave it at that I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow ^_^

...and you say I'm being shown up lol.....:D

I'll leave it at that I think.

yes. you've been shown up. and my statement is factual. at least one of my posts was on topic. and it more than could have been said for pull2open. you and i appear to be equal in that regard.

except i don't have a whole host of unanswered questions and faux pas in my wake. :(

fact of the matter is, i didn't cause this tedious and prolonged exchange about whether upsets was the correct verb.;-)
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    Do you not detect a hint of irony or even hypocracy in that?
    irony and hypocracy? i mustn't know the definition ...

I apologise for intruding into your private squabble, but may I respectfully request that if you are going to throw this accusation around that you learn how to spell the word?

Thanks very much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this experience at my last house. Chap across the road used to park his very high van at the bottom of my front garden. It was on the public road and nowhere near my drive so I knew I would just have to live with it. It didn't block light but every time you looked out the window that's all you could see. I was just getting used to it when I was chatting to him one day and out of the blue he asked me if I minded. I knew it was my one chance of getting my point over so told him it did block a bit of light out for me (little white lie). He apologised and didn't park there again.

The OP might be quite surprised - the van owner might be a reasonable person and may be up for a little discussion on the subject :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yosemite wrote: »
    I apologise for intruding into your private squabble, but may I respectfully request that if you are going to throw this accusation around that you learn how to spell the word?

Thanks very much.

It's hardly a private squabble and it's incredibly undignified! :D

I will endeavour to spell hypocrisy correctly since you were so polite.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a smaller, more aesthetically pleasing vehicle and park it there as soon as the space is free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I had this experience at my last house. Chap across the road used to park his very high van at the bottom of my front garden. It was on the public road and nowhere near my drive so I knew I would just have to live with it. It didn't block light but every time you looked out the window that's all you could see. I was just getting used to it when I was chatting to him one day and out of the blue he asked me if I minded. I knew it was my one chance of getting my point over so told him it did block a bit of light out for me (little white lie). He apologised and didn't park there again.

The OP might be quite surprised - the van owner might be a reasonable person and may be up for a little discussion on the subject :)
    I have similar experience.....but the other way around. In my case i am the van owner! It's a LWB Campervan.

Some years ago i had the front lawn and garden ripped out and completely flagged over. I had it done by a professional pavior and told him it needed to be substantial enough as i planned to park my van on it.

He came and did the work whilst i was away on holiday but i'd already told him my nosy neighbour would be out questioning him so suggested he tell them i was having it flagged for ease of maintenance.

When i returned back home i drove straight onto this new paving to park my van. Straight away the neighbour comes flying out, "you aren't leaving that there....why don't you park it at the side". Bear in mind this is my land and my driveway she's ranting about! I told her, "i'm perfectly happy with where it is on my own driveway thank you very much".

I just knew this would happen as the pair of them are absolute control freaks!

When i phoned the guy who'd done the work he told me when he started preparing the driveway my neighbour had been out to ask him if i was having it done to park my van on!

Since then, this neighbour has stuck a massive big hollybush in the middle and two tree type bushes (no idea what they are called), both of which overhang my side.

All very childish and quite sad that adults can be so immature.
  • Options
    GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind you I would be the same if I had a neighbour who parked their campervan on their driveway. I would feel it would devalue the street a little.
  • Options
    funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    The law is very simple. If it is a public highway and there are no restrictions on parking (eg double yellow lines) on that section of the road, they are not causing an obstruction, the vehicle is fully taxed, insured and MOT'ed (as appropriate) then they have every right to park there.

If the van is on double yellow lines, or there is a prohibition on that type of vehicle using that road or they are blocking your access to your property or the vehicle is illegal to use (no tax etc) then you might have grounds for getting it removed.

Otherwise you will have to rely on their goodwill and agreeing to your polite request that they park somewhere else.

Correct http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/parking-near-private-driveway-what-law.html
  • Options
    funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I have similar experience.....but the other way around. In my case i am the van owner! It's a LWB Campervan.

Some years ago i had the front lawn and garden ripped out and completely flagged over. I had it done by a professional pavior and told him it needed to be substantial enough as i planned to park my van on it.

He came and did the work whilst i was away on holiday but i'd already told him my nosy neighbour would be out questioning him so suggested he tell them i was having it flagged for ease of maintenance.

When i returned back home i drove straight onto this new paving to park my van. Straight away the neighbour comes flying out, "you aren't leaving that there....why don't you park it at the side". Bear in mind this is my land and my driveway she's ranting about! I told her, "i'm perfectly happy with where it is on my own driveway thank you very much".

I just knew this would happen as the pair of them are absolute control freaks!

When i phoned the guy who'd done the work he told me when he started preparing the driveway my neighbour had been out to ask him if i was having it done to park my van on!

Since then, this neighbour has stuck a massive big hollybush in the middle and two tree type bushes (no idea what they are called), both of which overhang my side.

All very childish and quite sad that adults can be so immature.

Cut off anything hanging over your side and chuck it back on to their property.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cut off anything hanging over your side and chuck it back on to their property.
    I know i'm entitled to do that and apparently it's correct to hand the cuttings back, but to be perfectly honest i find it all very childish and just ignore them. Last year they even came out telling me off for using a weedkiller burner to get rid of my weeds in my driveway! :o

They said i should bend down and pick them out by hand :o so i just said to them, "be my guest....feel free to pick them out by hand yourself if that's how you want it".

They are just a pair of busybody control freaks who think they have 'a right' to tell others what to do and not do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gage wrote: »
    Mind you I would be the same if I had a neighbour who parked their campervan on their driveway. I would feel it would devalue the street a little.
    Unless living in a country mansion surrounded by endless acres of land, you own a house and a piece of land it sits on.......you don't own the entire street.

Some folk might think they do. The majority know they don't.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i'm entitled to do that and apparently it's correct to hand the cuttings back, but to be perfectly honest i find it all very childish and just ignore them. Last year they even came out telling me off for using a weedkiller burner to get rid of my weeds in my driveway! :o

They said i should bend down and pick them out by hand :o so i just said to them, "be my guest....feel free to pick them out by hand yourself if that's how you want it".

They are just a pair of busybody control freaks who think they have 'a right' to tell others what to do and not do.

That's not very good, Bulletguy.

My neighbours are fortunately quite normal, reasonable people, and cause me no hassle. I mind my own business, and they mind theirs.

Although in the past I have lived next door or very close to busybodies and curtain twitchers.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Gage wrote: »

Do you know how much campervans cost?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not very good, Bulletguy.

My neighbours are fortunately quite normal, reasonable people, and cause me no hassle. I mind my own business, and they mind theirs.

Although in the past I have lived next door or very close to busybodies and curtain twitchers.
    I take little notice of them tbh....i just find it rather sad and pathetic that two people in their 60's can behave in such an infantile manner!

How it "works" is this; His wife 'wears the trousers' and he has to do whatever she tells him. He's a wimp.
    Have you seen it?
    I could always park one of these in my drive......then they would have something to moan about! :D
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take little notice of them tbh....i just find it rather sad and pathetic that two people in their 60's can behave in such an infantile manner!

How it "works" is this; His wife 'wears the trousers' and he has to do whatever she tells him. He's a wimp.

I could always park one of these in my drive......then they would have something to moan about! :D
    We wish!
    :D
    Last year I did several weeks in NZ in a motor home.
    I was really apprehensive beforehand.
    I loved it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We wish!
    :D
    Last year I did several weeks in NZ in a motor home.
    I was really apprehensive beforehand.
    I loved it!
    Best way to do it. Funnily enough i used to work with a guy who did similar but in South Africa, never ever having driven a motorhome before. Enjoyed it that much they went the following year.

When i retired i toyed with the idea of 'doing America' coast to coast and back. Fly out to NY area, buy suitable motorhome (there is only me so an RV is way too big....C class is ample), then sell up on return. Used motorhomes are a fraction of UK prices...£15-20k will get you a very nice one with all mod cons. But i wanted 12-18 months and the visa would only cover 6 months so i gave up on it and am still ambling around Europe.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best way to do it. Funnily enough i used to work with a guy who did similar but in South Africa, never ever having driven a motorhome before. Enjoyed it that much they went the following year.

When i retired i toyed with the idea of 'doing America' coast to coast and back. Fly out to NY area, buy suitable motorhome (there is only me so an RV is way too big....C class is ample), then sell up on return. Used motorhomes are a fraction of UK prices...£15-20k will get you a very nice one with all mod cons. But i wanted 12-18 months and the visa would only cover 6 months so i gave up on it and am still ambling around Europe.
    I toyed with the idea of buying a motor home after I retired.
    I decided that to make it really pay we'd have to tour Europe for long periods or it would just be a cash cow. Whilst we were actually able to go off for months we didn't really have the desire as we've spent the last 15 years "seeing the world".
    If I was minted I'd have one though, now I've experienced one.
    I'm not suggesting you have to be, I have a friend who got shot of his car and bought a modest one as his main transport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I toyed with the idea of buying a motor home after I retired.
    I decided that to make it really pay we'd have to tour Europe for long periods or it would just be a cash cow. Whilst we were actually able to go off for months we didn't really have the desire as we've spent the last 15 years "seeing the world".
    If I was minted I'd have one though, now I've experienced one.
    I'm not suggesting you have to be, I have a friend who got shot of his car and bought a modest one as his main transport.
    O/T here but i've done the same as your mate. At one point i was running both car and Camper as i'd had a car when i was working, but once i retired the car spent anything up to five months just standing every time i was away. I tried alternating the two but it got ridiculous so i eventually sold the car last year. My Camper is on a LWB Ford Transit chassis, has power steering etc so can easily be driven to most Supermarkets to do a shop. Also when not touring, the fresh water tank is empty and the toilet cassette removed, both of which would contribute unnecessary weight to cart around.

You can buy in at a reasonable level but much depends on what sacrifices you are prepared to make. As there is only myself travelling i don't need a massive van. Space is nice, but comes at a cost and what do you do the more space you have? Fill it up with unnecessary junk!

Accessories are pretty damn expensive though. A couple of years ago i paid £650 for a 3mtr Fiamma awning....something which only comes out on hot sunny days but does give the van shade. If ever your fridge goes bang, a replacement will cost at least double that of a full size domestic fridge. The Heki rooflight fitted on my van....if ever that gets cracked/damaged, that's almost £400 to replace.

Still plenty of Europe left to visit. I'm forever around Poland as it's one of my favourite countries and even the bottled gas i use in the van is Polish (75% cheaper than UK prices).