Options

What's with Abi just now

Fair_DoosFair_Doos Posts: 106
Forum Member
She is acting like a spoiled little kid just now, and completely deluding herself over Ben. It's like she has had a personality transplant

Not liking this Abi sorry.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does seem to have changed. This would be feesible after the way she has been brought up and the constant overshadowing she has suffered but she has become too unlikeable. When she was with Jay it seemed more a case of her seeming pointless but it's a shame she couldn't have been given something to do in a more likeable way. It could be her acting ability but it depends on viewer opinion whether she is worth keeping or whether she is too poor of an actress.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has been a pretty natural personality change. Things haven't being going well for Abi for ages.

None of her parents give her any attention because they are always too focused on Lauren and her alcoholism (which was a major factor in Abi not getting good enough grades), her father keeps sleeping with really inappropriate people, her mother isn't around and from her perspective, Jay split up with her for Lola who was her best friend. Plus Dexter left and they were pretty close. And she killed her dog.

The only person that actually was giving her positive attention was Ben and now it turns out that he has been using her as a way to prove he isn't gay, it's not surprising that she is clinging onto him.

I am surprised Abi hasn't lost it sooner to be honest.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I think it has been a pretty natural personality change. Things haven't being going well for Abi for ages.

None of her parents give her any attention because they are always too focused on Lauren and her alcoholism (which was a major factor in Abi not getting good enough grades), her father keeps sleeping with really inappropriate people, her mother isn't around and from her perspective, Jay split up with her for Lola who was her best friend. Plus Dexter left and they were pretty close. And she killed her dog.

The only person that actually was giving her positive attention was Ben and now it turns out that he has been using her as a way to prove he isn't gay, it's not surprising that she is clinging onto him.

I am surprised Abi hasn't lost it sooner to be honest.

I agree with this. I'm not sure of the reason she doesn't want to live with Tanya but can understand why she doesn't want to stay with Max when he has constantly let her down. It's a shame we haven't seen her get it together and go off to college.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is in for a rude wakening re: Ben
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Things like this do happen though. She's obviously deluding herself.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cora needs to be more involved now, She only has one grandchild left on the Square.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Cora needs to be more involved now, She only has one grandchild left on the Square.

ThingsDie should run Cora over next.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member

Seems like she couldn't care less.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Seems like she couldn't care less.

No the writers couldn't care a less you mean.
  • Options
    Happy_MummyHappy_Mummy Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have ruined Abi again. Before she got with Ben I was starting to like her, but now it's like she has gone back to the old Abi. The annoying faces she pulls and silly little giggles, it's like she acts like a 12 year old sometimes. For being supposably bright, she isn't half naive :D

I think after Jay dumped her she felt humiliated and now she likes Ben I think she's worried if she dumps him after his confession, everyone will say 'we told you so' and she will be left feeling humiliated again. She does seem abit deluded though yes, talking to Ben about marriage and maybe one day kids...but that just shows how immature she still is. The thing is with Abi I actually want to see it end in tears because she is so annoying she deserves it for not listening to people
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is sad also is that Abi will be like Tamwar as a bright intelligent young person who could have gone to university and is now wasting her life away in Walford probably ending up working in cafe rather than try and make a decent career for her.

In EE if you don't go to university your life is ended!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have ruined Abi again. Before she got with Ben I was starting to like her, but now it's like she has gone back to the old Abi. The annoying faces she pulls and silly little giggles, it's like she acts like a 12 year old sometimes. For being supposably bright, she isn't half naive :D

I think after Jay dumped her she felt humiliated and now she likes Ben I think she's worried if she dumps him after his confession, everyone will say 'we told you so' and she will be left feeling humiliated again. She does seem abit deluded though yes, talking to Ben about marriage and maybe one day kids...but that just shows how immature she still is. The thing is with Abi I actually want to see it end in tears because she is so annoying she deserves it for not listening to people

A lot of bright young girls are very naive. I think she's playing it perfectly. The giggling and face pulling all cover up how insecure she is feeling. I prefer dark and sinister Abi but I'm sure she'll resurface.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think she will develop ok because despite lauren being off for now, they actually had very few stories together ever although Halloween was prominent.

I think abi will become more prominent now
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her troubled childhood is catching up on her. She's lost her boyfriend of several years, had an altercation with the 20 year old girl who was sleeping with her father and ended that night dead, she accidentally ran over her dog and has been neglected for years for Lauren in her eyes despite Lauren's problems being generally self inflicted.

Abi also has seen her dream of becoming a vet slowly become less and less likely despite it being her life long ambition and that among other reasons makes Abi's issues more than justified.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cora doesn't seem bothered
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't see why she couldn't have gone to uni in London really, she'd still be in the Square...then go on to set up her own vets surgery in the square :p
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why she couldn't have gone to uni in London really, she'd still be in the Square...then go on to set up her own vets surgery in the square :p

This is what annoys me. Let these bright kids go to university in London. Old time EE had gymslip Mum Michelle do her exams in hospital after Vicky was born. She went on to get a degree whilst being a single Mum. They did the other side of course with Anna the Punk but it far more real.

I hope they pursue Cindy continuing her education. Abi may be useful as part of the Ben coming to terms with his sexuality story but hope they don't make her into another young girl wasting her talent.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing redeeming about her. In a scene with murderer Ben Mitchell for her to always come off as the most emotionally detached is quite an achievement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Abi's behaviour is more to do with the damage done to her by her parents than immaturity. She has been listening to people but unfortunately those people were her parents. She grew up hearing Max breaking his promises of loyalty and stability, Tanya taking him back again and again and listening to both of them describe their toxic marriage as an epic love story.

It's not uncommon for people who grow up in dysfunctional families to pick partners who are similar to their parents because they feel the need to fix what went wrong in their childhood. Abi loved her unfaithful father but she couldn't get his attention or keep the family together. She's trying to recreate that relationship with Ben and make it work.
  • Options
    LilDrew1LilDrew1 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I think i must be the only one who liking the change in Abi throughout the last year or so, she in the peak of learning adulthood and things have gone against her time and time again, she been let down by her upbringing, she went through the lauren drinking problems, max pays more attention to bedding the next woman to turn up on the square and obviously the stable relationship she rely on for years came to an end.

I not actually disappointed by her development and look forward to see where there going to take her and how they going to take her from this typical stage to her adult self like lauren
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is sad also is that Abi will be like Tamwar as a bright intelligent young person who could have gone to university and is now wasting her life away in Walford probably ending up working in cafe rather than try and make a decent career for her.
    !

I agree and really hope they don't let her waste her talents. Tamwar should be at College too or at least studying part time to advance himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair_Doos wrote: »
    She is acting like a spoiled little kid just now, and completely deluding herself over Ben. It's like she has had a personality transplant

Not liking this Abi sorry.

It is proper fake I want Jay and Lola to get together now
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say this but she seems to have grown up to be a poor actress.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abi seems to now be like Lauren - not using her potential and has no job (although Lauren did sometimes when she chose to work at Beales!)
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to adopt a Marge III.