Options

No Sound From Tv When I Play Dvd On Home Cinema

i have a JVC TH-S55 dvd home cinema.
when a watch tv though sky i have sound from both the tv and home cinema, but when i play a dvd i get sound from the home cinema speakers, but no sound from my tv
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT..
many thanx..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    It depends on how you system is connected up.

However when you have cinema sound (especially from a dolby 5.1 source) you whant the TV speakers OFF! Otherwise it will spoil the seperation on the rest of the system.

TV Speakers become obsolete with cinma sound :)

AdamS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thanx mate..
    its an all in one dvd home cinema.
    so when i play a dvd there is no option to turn the speakers off. basically i cant get sound from the tv only a picture...(i am connected via scart to the tv)
  • Options
    LivingForeverLivingForever Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Don't know if yours is the same but my surround system (Sony DAV-SA30) doesn't output any sound at all via the SCART socket, only its speakers.

Sounds to me like yours is the same!

And, like AdamS said, you don't want it coming through the TV as well anyway!

James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garylegs wrote:
    thanx mate..
    its an all in one dvd home cinema.
    so when i play a dvd there is no option to turn the speakers off. basically i cant get sound from the tv only a picture...(i am connected via scart to the tv)

I've got the same JVC as you mate and I get sound throught my TV speakers. But like everyone else says, if you using your surround you don't want your TV speakers on, just turn the volume down on the TV
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thanx mate...
    do you get sound from your tv when you play a dvd on the jvc..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes mate, but I don't have my TV speakers on when I've got my surround sound on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I have the DAV-S800 and I noticed that no sound would come out of the TV when watching a DVD, only the system speakers, anyway on a further look at the back I noticed that this machine has audio out L&R, so I take it that this is the way you just have sound from your TV. I never just have the TV speakers on, so I don't need to buy the cables, it was just a one off when the system speakers were not connected.