*The Most Disturbing Scene You Have Seen on TV*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Surprised how most have referred to drama, rather than real-life.

For me, the news, any day you can mention.

I don't feel numb to the daily horrors we humans have to face, or the horrors we do to each other.

Sorry, linnylou, you beat me to it!

If I had to name a recent tragedy, it would be the Chinese Earthquake earlier this year.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    ER, when Carter and Lucy were stabbed by the schizophrenic guy. I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, was allowed to stay up late to watch it, and in the end up, I was watching it through my fingers!

That haunted me for years too! :eek:
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK a real one - from Attenborough's "Trials of Life" - the parasitic fluke that infects snails.

Like this (but ignore the voiceover.)
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For me, the news, any day you can mention.

I don't feel numb to the daily horrors we humans have to face, or the horrors we do to each other.

Sorry, linnylou, you beat me to it!

If I had to name a recent tragedy, it would be the Chinese Earthquake earlier this year.

:) Thanks, wasn't sure if I'd be hijacking the thread as everyone else was referring to drama progs etc.

I''ve shed a tear or two over certain scenes in soaps and drama shows I'm sure, but I can't say that I've found anything disturbing as such.
    I tend not to watch any factual docu's, for the reason that I don't want to see other people's pain and hurt; I do find that distressing, so I wouldn't voluntarily choose to view those programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    The lies and manipulation of the news on sky....good 'ole Fox network.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,033
    Forum Member
    The two most shocking things I have seen on TV are :-

Watching the live broadcast of the second 'plane crashing into the second tower at the Trade Centre. Up until that moment it was thought that it was an accident that caused the first plane to crash.

Watching live the launch of the space shuttle Challenger in 1986, only for it to explode about 3 minutes later.
    A camera had been watching the astronauts families as they initially waved and cheered at the launch, only for their faces to turn to horror and disbelief when the shuttle exploded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The Hitman and Her" used to make me wanna open a vein.
    Nowadays its Jonafan Flamin' Woss.:mad:
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found many scenes disturbing like Mel's death in Waking The Dead, Yvonne and Rachel dying on Bad Girls and the chip pan scene in Spooks.. but the most disturbing scene I can say I have seen on television made me fill with tears: after 9/11 happened, when they showed coverage on the news, you could see a little child's teddybear in the wreckage. It was so sad and really hit home on the evil that exists in this world. :(
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real evil lies in the manipulation though. The teddybear was probably placed there by the media or agents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real evil lies in the manipulation though. The teddybear was probably placed there by the media or agents.

Blimey, that's cynical...
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Christopher Eccleston was stabbed by Robert Carlyle in Cracker.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Dramatic few scenes i have remembered that is, yet again, Bad girls lol:D

-Maxi Purvis choking herself with tissue paper to commit suicide,
    -When Shell Dockley and Denny Blood shove Marjerine up Zandra for Drugs
    -When Julie J is in the sewers searching for Natalie Buxton's body and it's all caught in the drainage system.

Good Old Bad girls!:rolleyes:;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seaneeboy wrote: »
    Blimey, that's cynical...

It is sort of true though.

If you've ever read articles about Pripyat or seen photographs taken there since the nuclear accident, you will have seen some with toys, childrens' books and gas masks all over the place. In reality, it wasn't like that when people left, it was the media and photographers making a scene to sell more.

Same as when I go Urban Exploring, sometimes things have been 'set up', especially so if the media get whiff of a place that is derelict and there might be some 'confidential data' or 'interesting items' on the site. The media trot in and set up some wonderful scenes for the cameras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're stretching the concept of "Sort of true" a little there, but I take your point.
  • EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid Vicious (the wrestler) breaking his leg on TV wrestling for WCW and then their decision to play the horrific accident over (his leg snapped like a twig) and over again on WCW Nitro the following night. It was so gruesome I was scared of hopping for nearly a week after seeing it.
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ER, when Carter and Lucy were stabbed by the schizophrenic guy. I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, was allowed to stay up late to watch it, and in the end up, I was watching it through my fingers!

Can't think of anything recent, though Barrowman's Glasgow accent disturbed me a bit.

When the guy got his arm chopped off by the helicopter in ER. So totally unexpected and shocking!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salem's Lot with David Soul. Can't remember the plot but that scarey thing was AWFUL!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member

Can't think of anything recent, though Barrowman's Glasgow accent disturbed me a bit.

Been watching these from the beginning and am about to get to this episode.
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salem's Lot with David Soul. Can't remember the plot but that scarey thing was AWFUL!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Still scares me too ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5HZzjjI9Y :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    can anyone post a link on here to the Lisa Faulkner "getting battered" scene?.............I've never seen it, looked on YOU TUBE but doesn't seem to be there.........it's a bit sick I know, but I've heard so much about it............
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the guy got his arm chopped off by the helicopter in ER. So totally unexpected and shocking!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Then he was killed by a helicopter later on!
  • skyscraper101skyscraper101 Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    mark01942 wrote: »
    "The Hitman and Her" used to make me wanna open a vein.
    Nowadays its Jonafan Flamin' Woss.:mad:

Hitman and Her was quality :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Jade Goody sticking a wine bottle up her front bottom. I don't think I will ever recover from that......
  • Piano DentistPiano Dentist Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Oz and a couple of scenes in The Shield
  • Piano DentistPiano Dentist Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Jade Goody sticking a wine bottle up her front bottom. I don't think I will ever recover from that......
    that was Kinga