Bus driver arrested over gay ban claim

124»

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I struggle to believe that a bus driver would take issue with a couple's apparent sexuality and ban them on that basis. Whatever - we don't know the other side of the story here. It could even be one of those instances where someone is deliberately baited so that a legal case can be made against them. Let's hold fire until we actually know eh?

Same here, it's hard to believe.

I'll await to hear from the other side before making judgement.
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the sort of person who would vote "Leave" in a referendum. You know who I mean.... the sort of person who would kill an MP and then shout "Death to traitors" when they're being charged with murder.

OK... not all Brexiters are like that. It is true that not all Brexit voters are rabid right wing maniacs, but it is probably true that all rabid right wing maniacs are Brexit voters.

After we vote to leave on Thursday (as is looking increasingly probable), those individuals will feel all the more empowered for it.

So.... to anyone who votes for Brexit......when you get a country full of homophobic, rabid racists and anti-everything right-wing Nazis, don't be surprised. This was what you voted for.
    Good lord, you just love making a fool of yourself.
    Forum Member
    Whats the Cornish for 'talking utter crap'.
    She's not Cornish so don't be fooled by the username.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Whats the Cornish for 'talking utter crap'.
    Cornish_Piskie
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the sort of person who would vote "Leave" in a referendum. You know who I mean.... the sort of person who would kill an MP and then shout "Death to traitors" when they're being charged with murder.

OK... not all Brexiters are like that. It is true that not all Brexit voters are rabid right wing maniacs, but it is probably true that all rabid right wing maniacs are Brexit voters.

After we vote to leave on Thursday (as is looking increasingly probable), those individuals will feel all the more empowered for it.

So.... to anyone who votes for Brexit......when you get a country full of homophobic, rabid racists and anti-everything right-wing Nazis, don't be surprised. This was what you voted for.

Yes, this is just the kind of measured, well thought-out debating we need on the Bremain side.

Good grief. How embarrassing.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I struggle to believe that a bus driver would take issue with a couple's apparent sexuality and ban them on that basis. Whatever - we don't know the other side of the story here. It could even be one of those instances where someone is deliberately baited so that a legal case can be made against them. Let's hold fire until we actually know eh?

Well said Mrs Grumpy.
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was kicked out of a cab just for kissing a guy once. We weren't going too far either, it was late at night and we had a smooch. Next thing we know the driver pulls over and tells us to get out. We just laughed.
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I said anything whatsoever which is biased against the driver? I merely commented on a rather poor attempt to suggest the accusers are lying.

Even if the driver working two nights on the same route really were "odd" (which it isn't), establishing who worked that route on those days would have been the very first thing the police checked.

Sadly, too many people think "innocent until proven guilty" means that accusers are liars until proven innocent. It doesn't.

Relax, I AM rather winding you up, testing you. As you said, I posted to try and ascertain YOUR bias as you claimed to identify others biases.

No, it dosent. BUT it DOES mean and should mean that their claim should have no more weight than the claim of innocence from the others side. 50-50. To be decided in a court of law.
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    Cornish_Piskie

:D:D