Options

Picture tilted clockwise on Tosh 28" widescreen

Hi,
Having purchased a Toshiba 28"widescreen recently i am very pleased with the picture quality and geometry but it does have an annoying tilt clockwise most noticeable on widescreen films with bars at the top and bottom.
I know this is due to alignment of the TV with the earths magnetic field but has anyone managed to adjust this on recent Toshiba widescreen sets ?
I am quite happy to go into service mode if the adjustment is to be found there or to take the back off the set if it is a pot which needs adjusting.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any options in the normal setup menus? My Sony TV has an option in the user menu to adjust the picture tilt of the tube, much like a CRT computer monitor - perhaps your Toshiba TV has a similar option?
  • Options
    Steve_runnerSteve_runner Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its also caused by interferance from a sub woofer. There should be an option in your menu selection (rotation?) to rotate the screen to get it level, as the previous post said.
  • Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its also caused by interferance from a sub woofer. There should be an option in your menu selection (rotation?) to rotate the screen to get it level, as the previous post said.

A loudspeaker produces purity errors in the picture...it does not affect picture geometry.
    There is no "Tilt" adjustment in the user menu of 28in models...some 32in models do have it,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies, no rotation adjustment in the menu just vertical and horizontal position. Also no speakers anywhere near the set.
    There must be an adjustment for rotation somewhere !
  • Options
    GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yodude69 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies, no rotation adjustment in the menu just vertical and horizontal position. Also no speakers anywhere near the set.
    There must be an adjustment for rotation somewhere !

Most 28" sets don't include rotation adjustment, especially the cheaper models. You could try speaking to whoever you bought it from. There will be a specification for the tilt. If yours exceeeds it, you might be able to get it swapped. If you can rearrange your room, you will find that the tilt will change if you face the set in a different direction. Depending on the model and type of tube fitted, it might be possible to fix it by rotating the scan coils but don't try this yourself.