Has Doctor Who Really Gotten Worse?

14567810»

Comments

• BobbyMaloneBobbyMalone Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else feel this thread should have been left for dead? The OPs reasons for reviving it are dubious in the extreme and one suspects this was more an exercise in attention seeking . And Lo and behold the fascinating results of the poll? Some people like it, some don't but the majority do. On a doctor who forum this is hardly headline news and as such the poll and thread serve no other purpose but to serve as another place for negativity and in fighting to commence. Great stuff.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else feel this thread should have been left for dead?

I do. For exactly the reasons you state in the rest of your post. I can only rationalise posting now as a form of protest and hope that supporting you helps to persuade others not to reengage this thread on its original topic.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else feel this thread should have been left for dead? The OPs reasons for reviving it are dubious in the extreme and one suspects this was more an exercise in attention seeking . And Lo and behold the fascinating results of the poll? Some people like it, some don't but the majority do. On a doctor who forum this is hardly headline news and as such the poll and thread serve no other purpose but to serve as another place for negativity and in fighting to commence. Great stuff.
    TEDR wrote: »
    I do. For exactly the reasons you state in the rest of your post. I can only rationalise posting now as a form of protest and hope that supporting you helps to persuade others not to reengage this thread on its original topic.

I just wanted to see what a poll would say, obviously it was a terrible stupid idea. Unfortunately, I can't close the thread, so the best course of action is ignore it. I know I will from now on...I'm never starting a debate thread again.
    Good-bye.
  • BobbyMaloneBobbyMalone Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to see what a poll would say, obviously it was a terrible stupid idea. Unfortunately, I can't close the thread, so the best course of action is ignore it. I know I will from now on...I'm never starting a debate thread again.
    Good-bye.

But the problem is this isn't a debate thread as the question you pose had no answer...its all down to personal opinion. I understand from your other posts that you love the show so why not just carry on enjoying it and not give a flying flip what anyone else thinks?
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    For me personally it has gotten worse. A great deal of it is down to River Song too, who hasn't been the least bit interesting in any appearance since her first.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading one Irish TV critic yesterday who used to love the show but thinks it has rapidly gone downhill and become a load of self-indulgent nonsense. He blames Stephen Moffat and says he seems to be aiming the show at the fanboys, and not the general TV audience.