Planner Recordings messed up

13»

Comments

• pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So tonight I took the plunge and decided to ring sky up and tell them I want to cancel and see what they would do about it, after talking through my problems and saying that I had loooked online and quite a few people were having the same problem so it wasn't just my box they booked me in for an Engineer to visit (free of charge) I wasn't going to pay!

He then offered to put me through to "Technical support" so when I got through to her she was very nice and polite and got me to do a "planner rebuild" (which I thought would be ok) and she assured me that my recordings would be ok BUT it messed up my box and I was unable to record or see any previous recorded programmes :'( so she made me do a reset but turning off and plug and pressing < and > on the actual box which wiped my box of all recordings :-( and then she got me to record Sky Atlantic as thats one of the problem channels and then watch it back and I still had the problem

So after 1 hour and 17 minutes I have no recordings and an engineer coming out on the 1st of October!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: So I just recorded Zoo off Sky1 and noticed it still made my box act up like before (even after it had stopped recording), so I had this idea, I recorded BBC1 and now the box has stopped acting up, when there is nothing recording.

Engineer is still due out on 1st Oct, Any ideas what could convince them to give me an up to date box as I am sure they can't fix my problem......
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,925
    Forum Member
    Your box will perform flawlessly when the engineer is with you, they always do! :D
    Frankly if you're still not satisfied after the visit, and you're still stuck with the same old box showing the same problems, i would threaten to cancel unless you get a replacement. You've already lost all your recordings, so you've really nothing to lose.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I threatened to cancel when I first rang up, I thought about it performing when the engineer is here so I have recorded it on my phone, just in case....

EDIT: Would you believe I am currently at 86% free (in only 10 days!)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This still going on. :(

I upgraded to a new HD box because of it only to find out SD looked shit on it and cancelled Movies because of it. I was very happy with my white box until this recording bug messed everything up.

Can't say that having the Family Pack HD channels is that great any more, quickly got used to them and as other posters have said they aren't exactly stunning.

I would be surfing the movie channels for something good to watch right now but all I have thanks to Sky's incompetence and greed is a press the red button to activate your channels message.
  • Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was having major issues with my box freezing, blue screens, all kinds of things every few days. I had enough and considered getting rid of the lot, but something I tried was to just never put the box into standby mode. I keep it on all the time, have done for months now, and I haven't had any issues at all. Maybe worth a try if you haven't already done it. I haven't read the whole thread so you may have tried it already, but I thought I'd offer that up for anyone who might want to consider it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOLUTION?: The sky engineer came out took one look at my white box and said I'll replace that and so its a "new" box. He said he gave me an older one that needed a plug in wifi unit because Sky stopped supporting magic eyes, is that correct? (I still use a magic eye) if so why and what would someone use now?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pokemaster wrote: »
    SOLUTION?: The sky engineer came out took one look at my white box and said I'll replace that and so its a "new" box. He said he gave me an older one that needed a plug in wifi unit because Sky stopped supporting magic eyes, is that correct? (I still use a magic eye) if so why and what would someone use now?

The latest boxes have wifi instead of RF, you can get an RF addon to give you the Magic Eye ability, but if he didn't have one of them with him, and he wanted to leave you a working system, that is fair enough, isn't it?

I presume he gave you the plug in wifi adapter though, or did he now have that either?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did give me a wifi box and set it all up for me as well as a free HDMI cable :-)

and wow, I feel like I have been living in the stone age, all the menus have changed to dark blue, series link happens straight away on the tv guide instead of going into the planner and clicking the green button then waiting for the system to say it can't find the info and repeating the process sometimes 10 times till it links.

Downloading things off catch up is good too, because when he took my box he took my recordings that were on there so luckily I could get some of the stuff back, just got to try and find a catch thing for Horror channel and then I will be sorted.

The only thing he didn't have was a new remote control, might have to purchase a new one as this one is 7 years old and for a white box.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pokemaster wrote: »
    The only thing he didn't have was a new remote control, might have to purchase a new one as this one is 7 years old and for a white box.

I got mine from here, and find them really good - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/super-satellite-man/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=