Revenge Season 3 US Pace (possible spoilers in this thread)

Comments

• lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another interesting development is that despite Conrad being Governor, the Graysons are supposed to be
    broke
    at the start of the season.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Another interesting development is that despite Conrad being Governor, the Graysons are supposed to be
    broke
    at the start of the season.

"Broke" is a relative term though.

They've lost a load of cash from their bank accounts but he has his status as governor of New York and they have all their properties and belongings.

So broke isn't the normal broke. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    "Broke" is a relative term though.

They've lost a load of cash from their bank accounts but he has his status as governor of New York and they have all their properties and belongings.

So broke isn't the normal broke. :D

Ok so spoiler tag was pointless :D:p Yeah, I suppose it means "broke" for them, but still wealthy for many people :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    WolfGirl2 wrote: »
    Well if you want spoilers I know a few
    Victoria and Patrick are extremely close their relationship is almost verging on incestuous and Patrick will apparentely do anything for mommy dearest. Charlotte will be more tough and independent she will be the person who points out to Daniel that the way Emily behaves is a bit odd and he will catch on to her more. Daniel will set up a magazine with some French woman from his past. Nolan will have another relationship with a man and he will use Emily's revenge skills to find out more about him my bet right now is Patrick. Don't worry about them skipping Jack and Emily reconnecting because Jack is still pissed with Emily and gives her an ultimatum to get her revenging done by the summer or he will reveal her identity. Don't know about you guys but I think it sounds really good!

All of it sounds good to be honest.
    I actually get the feeling that Emily's shooter might be Charlotte for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so spoiler tag was pointless :D:p Yeah, I suppose it means "broke" for them, but still wealthy for many people :)

Oh damn. :eek:

That'll teach me for posting in the middle the night. :D

Sorry. :o
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    All of it sounds good to be honest.
    I actually get the feeling that Emily's shooter might be Charlotte for some reason.
    I'm convinced it's going to be staged by Emily herself somehow but if it is Charlotte after discovering Emily's true identity or something then that would be an interesting twist.
  • kaylz23kaylz23 Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I like Aiden but I do think Emily having so many love interests is daft.

The show clearly sees Emily and Jack as sole mates, they use Daniel as her love interest as part of her revenge therefore to have Aiden in the mix as well just confuses things...

Looking forward to the new season though, I just hope Jack doesn't forgive her straight away. He's lost so much due to her revenge plan therefore has a right to be p1ssed at her
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Oh damn. :eek:

That'll teach me for posting in the middle the night. :D

Sorry. :o

I'm convinced it's going to be staged by Emily herself somehow but if it is Charlotte after discovering Emily's true identity or something then that would be an interesting twist.
    Emily staging it might be naff. Plus the shock for Emily of it being Charlotte would be dramatically more interesting though.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    kaylz23 wrote: »
    I like Aiden but I do think Emily having so many love interests is daft.

The show clearly sees Emily and Jack as sole mates, they use Daniel as her love interest as part of her revenge therefore to have Aiden in the mix as well just confuses things...

Looking forward to the new season though, I just hope Jack doesn't forgive her straight away. He's lost so much due to her revenge plan therefore has a right to be p1ssed at her

I think Aiden had a place in Season 2 but I don't see the point of having him in Season 3. Daniel was never really a love interest imo, he's just someone she's using to keep close to the Graysons, she may like him and even care for him but she has never loved him. Aiden and Jack worked as her love interests because they represent two different sides, Aiden knows what she's going through so he can understand her more than others can whereas Jack represented her innocence, the one remaining connection to her past, who would be there when it's all over. However now the lines have blurred and with everything that's happened to Jack, and him knowing who she is, I don't think Aiden is needed any more.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Conrad made them broke intentionally I think because he has invested heavily in other ventures that will have benefitted from the blackout and this will eventually triple the value of the Graysons networth that they had prior to the blackout. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he said something along those lines to Daniel in the season 3 finale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily staging it might be naff. Plus the shock for Emily of it being Charlotte would be dramatically more interesting though.

Yeah, I don't necessarily want that to happen but it's looking the most like to me given Revenge's formula. Hopefully they can surprise us though.

Looks great. Sounds like they haven't decided whether to make it 22 or 24 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    I thought Conrad made them broke intentionally I think because he has invested heavily in other ventures that will have benefitted from the blackout and this will eventually triple the value of the Graysons networth that they had prior to the blackout. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he said something along those lines to Daniel in the season 3 finale

Good point! :)

Conrad, being part of the Initiative should indeed have profited from the blackout. Also isn't he indirectly responsible for emptying out his own/Grayson Global bank account (via the Initiative) so he has the money anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point! :)

Conrad, being part of the Initiative should indeed have profited from the blackout. Also isn't he indirectly responsible for emptying out his own/Grayson Global bank account (via the Initiative) so he has the money anyway?

:confused:

Did he? He and Victoria hid their wealth in the Amanda Clarke Foundation which Aidan emptied so whichever bank Aidan transferred the money to would have it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did he? He and Victoria hid their wealth in the Amanda Clarke Foundation which Aidan emptied so whichever bank Aidan transferred the money to would have it?

My memory getting old, will have to rewatch.

Now you say it, Aiden emptying the account triggered the blackout, so Aiden would have it but the Graysons would profit far more as part of the Initiative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aidan was made treasurer of the foundation so it looked like he was embezzling, not the Graysons. Conrad and Victoria did that intentionally so that Aiden would be the fall guy for the blackout and so that Daniel would appear to have no connection whatsover to Americon Initiative. I think the other members of the Initiative had other ideas and decided to set Nolan up as the fall guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry just realised a mistake. That should say Season 2 finale not season 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aidan was made treasurer of the foundation so it looked like he was embezzling, not the Graysons. Conrad and Victoria did that intentionally so that Aiden would be the fall guy for the blackout and so that Daniel would appear to have no connection whatsover to Americon Initiative. I think the other members of the Initiative had other ideas and decided to set Nolan up as the fall guy.

What's this got to do with anything? I was saying that Conrad doesn't have the money stolen from the Charity account, nothing else was in question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's this got to do with anything? I was saying that Conrad doesn't have the money stolen from the Charity account, nothing else was in question.

And he doesnt have it because he expected Aiden to drain the account and cause the blackout when they made Aiden treasurer. Unbeknownst to Victoria, Conrad had invested in other ventures prior to the blackout that will make the Grayson's even more wealthy because of their value will increase exponentially due to the blackout. Presumably these ventures must be some kind of construction companies or something that will benefit from the damage caused by the blackout and the bomb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he doesnt have it because he expected Aiden to drain the account and cause the blackout when they made Aiden treasurer. Unbeknownst to Victoria, Conrad had invested in other ventures prior to the blackout that will make the Grayson's even more wealthy because of their value will increase exponentially due to the blackout. Presumably these ventures must be some kind of construction companies or something that will benefit from the damage caused by the blackout and the bomb.

My point was CONRAD DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to the point I was responding to. Whether they wanted Aidan to do it to activate Carrion or not, the point is Conrad is no longer in possession of these funds.

Whether he's profited from anything or not, the money in the Foundation has gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point was CONRAD DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to the point I was responding to. Whether they wanted Aidan to do it to activate Carrion or not, the point is Conrad is no longer in possession of these funds.

Whether he's profited from anything or not, the money in the Foundation has gone.

Can I just interrupt to say Aiden indeed emptied out the account but Conrad expected him to and probably doesn't care as he has made a huge profit from the blackout.

Sorry I got confused about the money, getting old, :cool: but seems we all agree Conrad doesn't have the Grayson money put into the Amanda Clarke Foundation..

There is a summary of the Season 2 finale here:
    http://www.enstarz.com/articles/24398/20130830/revenge-season-3-cast-photos-where-did-we-leave-off.htm

Lets get back to Season 3 please :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More spoilers
    The weekly takedowns are back, but they’ll play out over multiple episodes. They’ll also be less plot-driven. “We’re going to use them to explore who Emily is a little bit more than we’ve had a chance to in the past,” previews new showrunner Sunil Nayar. “We’re 44 hours into the show now. She’s experienced so many different things, culminating in the revelation of who she [really] is to Jack. We’re examining not just who she is and what happiness means to her, but what are the ramifications of her plans are. Because now there’s someone who knows. And that’s going to have an impact on Emily. So the takedowns are still going to be wonderful, but they’re also going to have a deeper meaning and a deeper effect.”Yay! I loved the weekly takedowns in Season 1 :D

I really hope they explore how Amanda transformed herself into Emily. We know what happened before juvie, but there could be more detail about what happened from when she was released, and received the Infinity box with her fathers diaries, to when she arrived at the Hamptons in Season 1. We've had snippets of it in flashbacks but I would like to know more. It would be a chance to see more of Takeda as he's now dead. It may help to explain the continued presence of Aiden in Season 3 too :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more of her preparation before her arrival in season 3 but I love that they killed Takeda. Although the "Revenge School" was an interesting element in season 1, it became stupid in season 2, Takeda was recast with an awful actor and the backstory with Aiden was dull. The less spent on that the better. :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Jack & Emily are end game. We all know it so i really don't know why they are keeping the spare around. I highly doubt at the end they'll be a Joey chose Pacey moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's necessarily an "Emily chooses...." moment, it's wherever the story goes.

It could end up with a tragic ending where she isn't with anyone because she's dead or in prison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's necessarily an "Emily chooses...." moment, it's wherever the story goes.

It could end up with a tragic ending where she isn't with anyone because she's dead or in prison.

I think it's probably more fitting that it is a tragic ending.

The wait is really dragging on now. I know it's only who weeks away now but the promo was released so long ago that the excitement it created has already died down again :(.