[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirty little sod.:D

Guilty as charged :D
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    You don't know where people's mouths have been what if the staff engage in rimming?

I'm sure the staff loos supply paper ^_^
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    You don't know where people's mouths have been what if the staff engage in rimming?

They'd probably use tongs like the wank guy on the deli counter does so no worries there.
  • Options
    Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just use my sweaty fingers, much better!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    you just don't know.... I mean have you taken a good look at the checkout operators in your local supermarket? :o

Oi! :o:D
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    In supermarket abroad they give customers a sponge pad (coated in something not sure what) and they dip their fingers in to help open plastic bags.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Now I'm not sure what the general consensus is... but I really find it repulsive when you go shopping and the assistant starts licking their fingers to prise open carrier bags.

It literally turns my stomach.. I have to say please I need an uncontaminated bag , do you mind not transferring your salava on them .

Is this unreasonable behaviour that this bothers me so much.

Genuine thoughts please.

Did you use a basket or a trolley whilst shopping. Think of all the grubby hands that have handled them before you.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Close your eyes for 5 minutes and think about all the things you've touched in the last hour.

Every single thing will have teeming bacteria on it.

There, that'll make you feel better :)
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    How much bacteria in and on the handles of shopping baskets and trolleys? Never see them being wiped or cleaned.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel safe in my hazmat suit as I do a full decontamination of anything entering my home in the porch/airlock.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    How much bacteria in and on the handles of shopping baskets and trolleys? Never see them being wiped or cleaned.

True I dread to think. Can you imagine if you saw all the bacteria under a light you would never want to shop or eat again.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a woman on obsessive compulsive cleaners (and i know its wrong to mock the afflicted), but she bleached all the cans and jars she brought in from the shops/supermarket.
    People are obsessed with germs these days. its really not healthy
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Genuine thoughts please.

I'm just sat here wondering about salava.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm just sat here wondering about salava.
    Don't keep us in suspense. Spit it out.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be perfectly happy for some of the women in my local supermarket to lick my bag.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be perfectly happy for some of the women in my local supermarket to lick my bag.

In the tea bag aisle I take it.;-)
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I'm a customer service/shop assistant and we aren't allowed to lick our fingers to open the bags as it is considered un-hygienic.

I pull the handles gently and the bag will usually come open or if not, I run my finger up the seam and open it that way.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prefer self service :D

and I dont mean the supermarket
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in convienience, had a customer come to the till with a large bottle of water, as I took it from him in order to spin it round and line up the barcode with the scanner he was trying to snatch it back and literally screaming at me not to touch the cap!
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    If you're really that anal, NBC suits, respirators and gloves can all be purchased relatively cheaply online.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I've seen shops do this

Iceland have a little wet sponge on each till
  • Options
    happygirl22happygirl22 Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Now I'm not sure what the general consensus is... but I really find it repulsive when you go shopping and the assistant starts licking their fingers to prise open carrier bags.

It literally turns my stomach.. I have to say please I need an uncontaminated bag , do you mind not transferring your salava on them .

Genuine thoughts please.

you've more chance getting a virus from chicken or pork than an employee licking their fingers to open a bag, pack it yourself!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genuine thoughts please.

My genuine thought is that when I'm at the self scan, I simply cannot prise the bloody bags apart, unless my fingers are wet. I'll wipe them on my umbrella if it's raining, or on the ice of a frozen product. But failing that, I too have to use saliva to dampen my fingers.

I suppose I could use a rubber thimble, but that seems a bit extreme for bloody carrier bags.

Of course, if they're stacked correctly, as one is torn off, the one behind it opens automatically. That might be the best way forward.

Use the self scan and you try opening them.
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having worked on a checkout myself there's no way I would have ever licked my fingers to open a bag... My hands used to be filthy by the end of a shift! It's amazing how dirty your hands get, even from just handling food packaging, not to mention money, and non food stuff like bags of compost etc. I couldn't wait to run to the loo and wash my hands on my break!