When did you upgrade to next (current) gen?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If x1 is anything like ps4 then every game, whether digital or disc, installs fully to hdd, so space soon goes if you play a lot of games at one time.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure of the exact dates.

First X1 around November last year, hated the UI the TV stuff didn't work, gave it away as Xmas present. About the same time bought a PS4.

Then around the time MS started the preview updates and sorted the TV stuff, I bought another X1. It's a different animal now to what it was.

Current preference is for XBO, just feels like a better system in every way. The graphical difference don't bother me, which I'm really glad about.

Also have a gaming PC that rarely sees the light of day, again, the better graphics don't bother me. I guess the games matter more ;-)
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a ps4 a week after launch. Play it regularly, though this time round I'm trying not to create a backlog of games to play, so i only play one or two games at a time.

Got a wii u for my son in June this year.

I do think the X1 has caught up loads on the ps4 this year, but I won't be getting one, just can't justify it.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't made the jump yet. I'm sticking to my tradition of never buying an original version of a console.

Xbox - I bought the Crystal version
    Xbox 360 - I bought the Elite version

Hopefully a new version of the Xbox One is released before Halo 5.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    I haven't made the jump yet. I'm sticking to my tradition of never buying an original version of a console.

Xbox - I bought the Crystal version
    Xbox 360 - I bought the Elite version

Hopefully a new version of the Xbox One is released before Halo 5.

There's nothing wrong with the current one, it's a quality piece of kit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought this external hard drive earlier in the year but the 4tb option. I found 500gb just isn't big enough especially as I download my games now from the US Xbox store.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0084LZJ1M/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1415559056&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40#
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I know it's quality! But like I say I can't break tradition (well I could, but I won't :)). And inevitably there will be a slimmer model some time soon, so I'll just wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love my Xbox One. Wouldn't be without it personally ☺
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One day one. Forza 5 was the main reason. After a rocky start for both the console and forza 5, Microsoft have done a great job with the monthly updates and listening to the fans.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I bought my xbox one 3 days after release. I hadn't planned on getting one but after playing forza 5, I was hooked.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    PS4 - Got mine delivered at 9am on launch day.
    XB1 - waited a few months till I got enough Game credit so I didnt need to spend more than £200 on it.
    Wii U - See above. Still regret buying it.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xbox One - "Day One", 22 November 2013.

Wii U - 3 June 2014 (Mario Kart 8 bundle).

PS4 - 1 August 2014 (The Last of Us Remastered bundle).

Re. the question about an external HDD for the Xbox One:

I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 HDD, £69.99 at Amazon.

Small, fast, reliable, and cheap. Being a portable drive, rather than desktop, means it's powered by USB, so no need for a separate power supply.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Get yourself a PS+ sub cause it'll give ya afew extra games ta play! 😉 .... & possibly a big freebie this xmas! 😉

Freebie? Rumour?

Add me for some GTA 5 mayhem (PS4)

A_Homeless_Jew_

:D
  • RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WII u last week
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Wii U last year.

May be less games available but they have that quality.

With Xenoblade X and Zelda U still to come, certainly looks like the system will definitely get lots of attention from me.

I might stop buying PS3 games now, and might buy PS4 next year. But I am in no hurry!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I got my 'Day One' Xbox One 3 days after it was launched & got my PS4 a few days later on its launch day. Kept both til around Christmas & then sold my Xbox One as it never got any use
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I initially picked up the XB1 and PS4 on RD. Preferred the PS4 as thats what the majority of my mates went with.

Despite the problems with the constant maintenance on PSN networks, I'm still happy with it.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not upgraded yet but the plan is to pick up the Xbox One + Kinect + AC : Unity / AC : Black Flag Bundle at the end of the month for £360.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not upgraded yet but the plan is to pick up the Xbox One + Kinect + AC : Unity / AC : Black Flag Bundle at the end of the month for £360.

Brand new Kinect here.. Will swap you for Unity :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha my Kinect is in the Xbox box still.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally upgrade a little bit each year. This year it was a SSD and I highly recommend one to those who haven't got one.

Next year might be a new GPU but I'm not sure yet. Depends on the games out.
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I got my PS4 on launch day - I opted to a game-free bundle but a few days later gave in and bought Killzone. I don't regret buying it but for some reason it's been a mostly uninspiring purchase. I know there are some great games for it now but with many of them I just feel like I've played them all before on the PS3, even though I haven't. I know, that doesn't make sense.

I got a Wii U for my birthday in August. Absolutely love it - my GF thought it would be a 5 min fad but 3 months on and I'm still playing it almost every day. It's so refreshing, it reminds me of how much I enjoyed my PS3 when I first got that in 2007.

I haven't got an X1, I may get one in the future but right now I don't see any need for it.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Errr no. :p

The reason I'm buying that bundle is because I want Unity.... and Kinect. ;-)

Both the AC games in the bundle are digital copies anyway.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day One for both. I'd been saving for a year prior to release so I could get both.

FIFA bundle for X1.
    Killzone bundle with extra controller for PS4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr no. :p

The reason I'm buying that bundle is because I want Unity.... and Kinect. ;-)

Both the AC games in the bundle are digital copies anyway.

i know that...i just dont understand why you want Kinect..it was/is the achilles heel of the XB1..

i would recommend the Sunset Overdrive bundle in super cool white and buy Unity seperate...Black Flag is ancient anyway..

:)