Options

Sports Season Ticket

Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
Forum Member
"Get the full range of sports with your Big Bundles

We think live sport is better with Virgin Media, especially when you can save over 40% on Sky Sports and watch every Barclays Premier League game live this season.

Take our new Sports Season Ticket and you’ll get the full range of sporting favourites: all 6 Sky Sports channels with 2 available in HD – plus BT Sport, ESPN and Eurosport, also available in HD. All you have to do is add a 10-month Sports Season Ticket for £150 upfront to any of our Big Bundles. Or add Sky Sports to your bundle from £27.25 a month."

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/sports-season-ticket.html

Whilst this sounds a good deal it also appears to read that the HD bundle is also included in the price as obviously Sky Sports 1&2 are the only ones currently available. Is this correct? £150 up front instead of the £27.25 monthly sub plus the £7 HD sub?

Comments

• Options
    EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I want the deal it is £150 for 10 months and £7 extra for HD per month. So it would be for me a saving of £122.50 for the 10 month season in SD. Here is it worked out

£27.25x10=272.50-£150(prepay)=£122.50. The HD sub will be required if you want the additional Sky sports channels launching soon. HD 1 and 2 may included did not ask about that.

That is what I know. Will phone again when about to pay the pass and if any changes to this I will report here.
  • Options
    Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No use for F1 :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No use for F1 :(

Have you spoken to Virgin Media? Is the F1 channel not included? I noticed it wasn't named in the listing but assumed it was part of the "6 Sky Sports Channels".
  • Options
    Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletch10 wrote: »
    Have you spoken to Virgin Media? Is the F1 channel not included? I noticed it wasn't named in the listing but assumed it was part of the "6 Sky Sports Channels".

No, sorry, I meant that the 10 months football season, will mean you miss some summer F1 races.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, £15 a month and covers just the football season. Looks like a good deal to me . . .
  • Options
    plutonashplutonash Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    so the football season ticket is £150 for the 10 months.
    does this inc the £7 for the hd channels???
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plutonash wrote: »

No.

Also it appears you need to be on one of their 'big bundle' packages.

I'm hoping that Mates Rates counts as a big bundle as from what I hear it's pretty much the same price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    plutonash wrote: »

It doesn't appear to, but it isn't clear what Sky Sports HD channels are included as the 2 HD.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that is interesting;
    From mid-August, Virgin Media customers with Sky Sports can also enjoy all 6 Sky Sports channels on your PC, laptop through the Sky Sports website and also on iPad, iPhone and iPad touch with the free Sky Sports app.

So how will people log in to the Sky Sports app?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    is this available to those who already subscribe to the sports bundle??
  • Options
    digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a good deal but want to see exactly if it includes the additional Sky Sports HD channels at no extra cost
  • Options
    bluecatt73bluecatt73 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    stokesy wrote: »

Not according to the two people I spoke to yesterday. When I asked if I could cancel Sky Sports and then take the season ticket I was told that I'd lose my current discounts which are (allegedly) worth £44.75 a month (I s**t you not!). I was completely baffled by the end of the call tbh.
  • Options
    bluecatt73bluecatt73 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    digiwigi wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal but want to see exactly if it includes the additional Sky Sports HD channels at no extra cost

Definitely doesn't include HD, that's still an extra £7, according to the chap I spoke to yesterday.
  • Options
    pengedragonpengedragon Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very interested in this, does the 150 go on the next bill or do you pay it when you call up ?
  • Options
    TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecatt73 wrote: »
    Definitely doesn't include HD, that's still an extra £7, according to the chap I spoke to yesterday.

I think SS 1 & 2 in HD are included. If you want SS 3, 4, 5 and F1 in HD then you have to pay the extra £7.
  • Options
    TRSTRS Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you go online and select the bundle with the season ticket offer, you then have to opt to include the £7 monthly HD if you want it, so it is extra to the £150.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    very interested in this, does the 150 go on the next bill or do you pay it when you call up ?

I had to pay on card. Would have preferred to pay on the next bill, but it's no heartache. I'm pleased with the deal to be honest, as I have moved onto the big kahuna deal, paying 50p less per month and had my BB increased to 152mb from 60mb! Factor in the cost of Sky Sports dropping from £27.50 to an equivalent cost of £15 it's a serious saving. Very rare you get such a good saving and improve your package at the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    stokesy wrote: »

I don't believe so. Lady tried to do it for me, but it wouldn't do it for her without me moving onto the Big Kahuna package (which was actually 50p cheaper than my current deal).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the launch of the HD channels today perhaps it'll be easier to find out what 2 HD channels are included. Perhaps its Sky Sports F1 HD and Sky Sports News HD?
  • Options
    pengedragonpengedragon Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sm1979 wrote: »
    I had to pay on card. Would have preferred to pay on the next bill, but it's no heartache. I'm pleased with the deal to be honest, as I have moved onto the big kahuna deal, paying 50p less per month and had my BB increased to 152mb from 60mb! Factor in the cost of Sky Sports dropping from £27.50 to an equivalent cost of £15 it's a serious saving. Very rare you get such a good saving and improve your package at the same time.

Thanks for the info
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    bluecatt73 wrote: »
    Not according to the two people I spoke to yesterday. When I asked if I could cancel Sky Sports and then take the season ticket I was told that I'd lose my current discounts which are (allegedly) worth £44.75 a month (I s**t you not!). I was completely baffled by the end of the call tbh.

Same thing happened to me ! I stupidly assumed that by paying the £150 upfront I'd be wiping the monthly sports fee of £27.25 off my bill, but it worked out that I'd lose my loyalty discount and end up with a paltry £2 saving per month.

So after two long phone calls with different sales reps,I gave up and decided to leave things as they are for now, I may even ditch Sky sports altogether after glancing through the upcoming fixtures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why taking the offer would mean losing any loyalty discounts?

Are you on the big khauna or big daddy bundle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fletch10 wrote: »
    I don't understand why taking the offer would mean losing any loyalty discounts?

Are you on the big khauna or big daddy bundle?

I'm on the Big Kahuna + Sky sports + line rental saver.

Someone on another forum suggested that I cancel my current Sky sports subscription and then try for the season ticket again. I may try doing that when my poor frazzled brain recovers from yesterday's prolonged and confusing phone calls with the virgin media sales reps.
  • Options
    EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on the Big Kahuna + Sky sports + line rental saver.

Someone on another forum suggested that I cancel my current Sky sports subscription and then try for the season ticket again. I may try doing that when my poor frazzled brain recovers from yesterday's prolonged and confusing phone calls with the virgin media sales reps.

You could remove Sky Sports now. Wait about a week then phone for the offer. That is if you are not interested in what is on at the moment on SS. I would do it from add remove channels from your box instead of using the phone. I do second this to the suggestion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    East wrote: »
    You could remove Sky Sports now. Wait about a week then phone for the offer. That is if you are not interested in what is on at the moment on SS. I would do it from add remove channels from your box instead of using the phone. I do second this to the suggestion.

As soon as the German F1 finishes on Sunday I'll remove the sports, didn't know that I could do that via TiVo , thanks for the heads up !