Options

MP3 player phones on Buses

Vince JVince J Posts: 1,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The quality of this video isn't all that great but watch this to see what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP254kR_vaQ

I think the points raised are spot on. It is extremely anti-social, unnecessary and annoying. It doesn't bother me when the person sitting next to me is using their earphones but when a bunch of loud kids come tramping on the buses with loud trance music/heiium vocals screaming out their MP3 playing phones it just shows sheer selfishness and lack of considerarion for people who wish for their journey to be peaceful. :(

No wonder people don't want to confront them, especially when their response is going to be a tirade of verbal abuse and cursing. We reserve the right to travel in peace and security. I really do hope that measures are put in place to stop ASBO behaviour.

Comments

• Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    I get the 82 bus from Liverpool centre, goes through toxteth, down park lane into aiggy road, and without fail its full of scallies on the back seat, skinning up and smoking spiffs, pumpin music through their mobiles, shouting their heads off, and the bus gets pounded by rocks especially via park road, but the worse thing you can do is kick off about it, cos you'll get harrassed by these ***** for the whole journey. Best thing to do, is grit your teeth and sit tight. It's a small price to pay, to get home without confrontation.
  • Options
    SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
    Forum Member
    Vince J wrote:
    The quality of this video isn't all that great but watch this to see what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP254kR_vaQ

I think the points raised are spot on. It is extremely anti-social, unnecessary and annoying. It doesn't bother me when the person sitting next to me is using their earphones but when a bunch of loud kids come tramping on the buses with loud trance music/heiium vocals screaming out their MP3 playing phones it just shows sheer selfishness and lack of considerarion for people who wish for their journey to be peaceful. :(

No wonder people don't want to confront them, especially when their response is going to be a tirade of verbal abuse and cursing. We reserve the right to travel in peace and security. I really do hope that measures are put in place to stop ASBO behaviour.

I just wish it was trance..

Everytime I'm on a bus there is always either an Asian, or a Black person who looks like some sort of wannabe gangster, sat at the back of the top desk with some awful hip hop blaring out. Don't even start with the racism card regarding my point of them being black or asian, I've never seen a white person do this.

What is the point of it? The music quality from a mobile phone speaker and more often than not absolute bollocks anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somner wrote:

Everytime I'm on a bus there is always either an Asian, or a Black person who looks like some sort of wannabe gangster, sat at the back of the top desk with some awful hip hop blaring out. Don't even start with the racism card regarding my point of them being black or asian, I've never seen a white person do this.

What is the point of it? The music quality from a mobile phone speaker and more often than not absolute bollocks anyway!

I've seen white people do this. Strangely enough though, its always that chamillionaire song....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jen0607 wrote:
    I've seen white people do this. Strangely enough though, its always that chamillionaire song....

That does seem to be the 'white gangsta' song of the moment.

I guess it's down to where you live. My main bus goes through majority Asian areas.
  • Options
    LTTLTT Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the bus the other day and went upstairs where there was about 5 teenagers standing, all who stared at me and one had the cheek to say 'this is our bus'. She quickly got a stern look from me which shut her up.

They then proceeded to blast music out and it really was annoying me. It was just the same beat over and over.

All this and I'm 20. I dread to think how older people, especially the elderly who can't defend themselves feel.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with this. It is so annoying. Its not even music but thats not my thing to say. They dont have any consideration to other members of the public and shouldnt be allowed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somner wrote:

That made me laugh SO much, I'm of black origin but completely Scottish, so no offence taken. But I understand what you mean. But I have to say what you said doesn't happen often where I live, I'm in a huge minority up here.

In Edinburgh (where I live) it's mainly 13-18 year old girls who either shout to one another over their music or sit at the backs of the bus in packs of 5 completely ignoring each other whilst listening to their sh!tious music... then one of them starts singing along... :rolleyes:

It's not the type of music I'm getting at *lol* I honestly couldn't give a hoot if it's my all time favourite song, all I'm asking is for them not to share it with people who don't want to listen to it.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somner wrote:
    The scally ned on the video is white. At least he doesn't look or sound black or Asian to me.

Mobile phone noise polluters should be stopped, though, regardless of race.

C'mon, nanny state, sort it out.
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somner wrote:

Totally agree, I've been on buses with these kind of kids a few times. Their music sounds f**king horrendus to start with & it sounds even worse screeching out of a crap little phone speaker.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    100% Agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vince J wrote:
    That made me laugh SO much, I'm of black origin but completely Scottish, so no offence taken. But I understand what you mean. But I have to say what you said doesn't happen often where I live, I'm in a huge minority up here.

In Edinburgh (where I live) it's mainly 13-18 year old girls who either shout to one another over their music or sit at the backs of the bus in packs of 5 completely ignoring each other whilst listening to their sh!tious music... then one of them starts singing along... :rolleyes:

It's not the type of music I'm getting at *lol* I honestly couldn't give a hoot if it's my all time favourite song, all I'm asking is for them not to share it with people who don't want to listen to it.

Agreed! As I said, I'm guessing it's down to where you are. I'm glad you didn't take offence as I didn't mean to cause any! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked a squad of lads to 'turn that shyte off or i'll do it for you"

They obliged, they were all about 16 yr old and I got the usual verbals from the hard men when the got up and were nearer the front of the bus, as they thought they were getting off at a different stop from me

As I stood up to give them the impression I was about to get off with them, they soon quietened up and left the bus in a hurry.

I pay money to sit on a usually over-crowded smelly bus with the heaters on full blast regardless of the weather, i'll ****ed sideways by a tow bar if any young knobs are gonna make it anymore unpleasant for me.

Fortunately where I live, there's not really a knife culture etc that gripped other cities, otherwise I wouldn't be so wuick to speak out I reckon.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tsk.. not on a bus, but my neighbour (14 yrs) was sat out front with us and she was playing that shoite music through her phone.. it took many hints along the lines of
    "have you got any headphones?"
    "that sounds rubbish"
    "can you play that inside?"
    "its much nicer out here when its quiet!"
    "for god's sake, turn it off or go inside!" :mad:

Fortunately she got the hint at the end
  • Options
    Mickey BlueMickey Blue Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vince J wrote:

the number 30 going to clovenstone in edinburgh is the worst for skanky teenage girls with shit taste in music, they dont call that service the looser cruiser for nothing, :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol Looser cruiser! Is it juat mean or do those teens spend an awful lot of time bus hopping/bus surfing? All they seem to do is go on and get off buses...

Just so you people know, I'm 23...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,798
    Forum Member
    I get this everyday on the bus to work :mad:

I get the local bus to the roadworks\streetlight depot I work and unfortunately the bus goes to college so you get loads of chavs playing music on their crappy sounding MP3 playing phones. My phone also plays MP3s but I never use it.

When I want to listen to music, I listen to it at home using my DVD micro stereo system as the sound is excellent and has brilliant bass :cool:

They also pick on people who can't defend themselves like the disabled people and the people who wear high visibility uniforms, but they stopped picking on me after they threw a bit of paper on me and I stood up and made myself look taller and bigger! :D The chavs quickly got off the bus :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah... I prefer to listen to my music on my lovely wireless Harman Kardon Soundsticks or Bose iPod speaker dock in the bedroom. The sound is beautiful. :D (brand **** right? *lol*) I have had MP3 players on my last 3 phones, I just don't see the point as the sound is HORRID!

The one thing I've notice is if you say something like have you got something to say about me? they get in to a flap and say no I wasnt or if they ask you something to say? and you reply yeah I do actually, they don't like it and THEY dont like being spoken to or humiliated. Not so tough after all, huh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vince J wrote:
    Yeah... I prefer to listen to my music on my lovely wireless Harman Kardon Soundsticks or Bose iPod speaker dock in the bedroom. The sound is beautiful. :D (brand **** right? *lol*) I have had MP3 players on my last 3 phones, I just don't see the point as the sound is HORRID!

The one thing I've notice is if you say something like have you got something to say about me? they get in to a flap and say no I wasnt or if they ask you something to say? and you reply yeah I do actually, they don't like it and THEY dont like being spoken to or humiliated. Not so tough after all, huh?

You definitly have a point there.

I am also mostly into brands but my DVD Micro system is a LOGIK (DSG's own brand) and have a Ferguson 28" TV, Sharp VCR, etc

anyway.... back to the real subject :D:o
  • Options
    Vite.dfeemtoonVite.dfeemtoon Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    I suppose the answer is to sit next to them and sing the Everlasting Song and annoy the hell out of them too.

Seriously, we're being told to take public transport more to save the environment. It's hardly an attractive thought having to share a space with these stupid kids. Curses to the mobile phone companies who put this facility in the phones, the stupid tosspots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty inconsiderate and unessacary.But I can't say it really bothers me. I suppose for me it depends on the music the chavs are playing because I like some hiphop/rnb, it's just the happy hardcore I don't like but I wouldn't be majorly annoyed. If they were blaring country /classic or techno then that would get on my nerves after a while.

Anyway regardless of the genre they shouldn't be playing it out loud at all but it definately doesn't bother me enough for it to disrupt my journey, if anything it adds some excitement LOL Thats how boring the bus journeys are, but I can totally see why people wouldn't want to hear it.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh, but it sounds terrible though - the sound quality, not so much what kind of music is being played - the most of what you hear is a tinny "Tss, tss, tss" rhythm.. rubbish and irritating!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote:
    Yeh, but it sounds terrible though - the sound quality, not so much what kind of music is being played - the most of what you hear is a tinny "Tss, tss, tss" rhythm.. rubbish and irritating!! :rolleyes:

And you can barely hear what the singer is saying (then again, like all dance music!)

Then it gets worse. When they repeat their chavvy music over and over again. I had Lil Chris squealing right next to my ear after a hard days work! I didn't want to hear some pre-teen's squeals from a crappy MP3 Phone right in my ear after I have had only a very short lunch break :mad:

Or hearing that repeated dance song that gets stuck in your head when you get off the bus, especially that one where you hear the singer sing "Because everytime we touch, I get this feeling...." Oh the pain of bus journeys! I can't wait until I start driving :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its our fault for tolerating them all. Its about time we did what we should have done ages ago to these dirty little scum bags that erode society, lock them up until they are dead, they do nothing to contribute to society just make peoples lives a misery, and I don’t just mean people who listen to loud music on buses, dirty Chavs in general, but not based on how they dress either just on how the low lives act. Lock them up like the animals they are and never let them out again. Simple, problem solved.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the bus coming back from Oxford Street, it was full of shoppers but there was one bloke with his mobile playing some r'n'b at an obnoxious volume.

Unfortunately, it just sounded silly when everyone else was sitting clutching their shopping bags and talking about what they were going to have for tea. He stood out like a sore thumb.

He was white and he had a completely bald head which may have been shaven but I suspect was a vain attempt to disguise premature hair loss. He looked like a plonker in his baggy street clothes.

And then, when he stood up to get off he lurched across the top deck and made a gun shape with his fingers, shouting "brrap! brrapp!". I think he may not have been entirely well.

So kids, next time you're on a bus and you feel like listening to some tunes, think again. It'll make you look like an old white mental case.