Pointless- New quiz show on BBC2 (merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Haven't read the rest of this thread yet but I will in a minute
    anyway just have to say that I proper love this show,it's so fun to play along.
    I actually want to apply for the next series (if there is one) and go on with a friend ,though we'd probably get knocked out in the first round both times.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought wtf! when the pensioners chose music festivals today but they nearly pulled it off, shame they got one point for the White Stripes
  • KerryisElphieKerryisElphie Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Re: Spanish Costas in today's show- I am so glad I didn't get that when I was on.

I said 'Costa de la Luz' straight away and it didn't even come up as an option :confused:. However, It does seems to exist as a Costa on Wikipedia and when I was a travel agent...!!!
    I would have ended up having an argument with them :eek:

Camino- I couldn't believe they nearly pulled it off. I was pleased for them eventhough it was a real shame they didn't manage a pointless
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    i thought wtf! when the pensioners chose music festivals today but they nearly pulled it off, shame they got one point for the White Stripes

I thought good on you grandad! Nearly done it. Should have taken chemistry or universities but a bad bunch of subjects.
  • CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: Spanish Costas in today's show- I am so glad I didn't get that when I was on.

I said 'Costa de la Luz' straight away and it didn't even come up as an option :confused:. However, It does seems to exist as a Costa on Wikipedia and when I was a travel agent...!!!
    I would have ended up having an argument with them :eek:

Just watched this and what they actually said was "the eight Costas that famously make up the Mediterranean coast of Spain" and Costa de la Luz is on the Atlantic coast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is one of those shows that I like to watch on catchup because of all the unnecessary rules explaination and chit chat.
    Also I think it has been dumbed down and become too easy.
    Forum Member
    I didnt notice any unnecessary chat. Dont like how they show the answers rounds.
  • dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Argh!! Why did they bring back the wall with all the answers on? :confused: :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dudius wrote: »
    Argh!! Why did they bring back the wall with all the answers on? :confused: :mad:

they havent. the contestants still have to come up with their own answers in round 2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    They used the wall in round 1 on Wednesday. The category was 'Citrus fruit, which is too open ended for a normal round 1.
    Have to see what they do today.
  • dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    RayFol wrote: »
    They used the wall in round 1 on Wednesday. The category was 'Citrus fruit, which is too open ended for a normal round 1.
    Have to see what they do today.

Even worse today. "James Bond villains". I was gearing up to show off my nerdish knowledge and, poof, "here are all the answers for you, folks"!! :mad::mad::mad:
    This is the only part of the program I dislike (I even like most of the "banter") :o
  • KerryisElphieKerryisElphie Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Carman wrote: »
    Just watched this and what they actually said was "the eight Costas that famously make up the Mediterranean coast of Spain" and Costa de la Luz is on the Atlantic coast.

Aah! Thanks! That shows that I should listen to the questions properly before going off on one!!! :o:o
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I thought Switzerland myself, then was puzzled when they got an X.

Just shows how carefully you have to listen to the question!
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Yeah, it's an official language but Switzerland isn't in the EU. :)

Hence my second sentence. :)
  • RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show and my god that young girl today was absolutely gorgeous:o

I bet she gets the point regularly. :)
    Forum Member
    Loads and loads of hits and the Saturday Night Fever the soundtrack is owned by half the population and these lot could barely name a tune.

I remembered Boogie Shoes and Open sesame.
    I thought A fifth of beethoven would be a pointless though.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Loads and loads of hits and the Saturday Night Fever the soundtrack is owned by half the population and these lot could barely name a tune.

But however big a seller the album was, if you've never owned it you're unlikely to be able to name any of the obscure tracks, which is what matters.

Liked seeing the "Pointless first" yesterday - a score of 100 as opposed to a wrong-answer 100 - complete with previously unheard sound effect :)
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Is it me or did that pair in the final today seem really horrible to each other? What with him mocking her pronunciation of "R&B Divas" and her constant shushing of him during their 60 seconds... Blimey :eek:
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    Is it me or did that pair in the final today seem really horrible to each other? What with him mocking her pronunciation of "R&B Divas" and her constant shushing of him during their 60 seconds... Blimey :eek:

yes!, I thought that, I thought he was awful to say that to her about 'it not being r&b beavers', even in private that's horrible let alone on national TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at last a couple won the jackpot today! i had a feeling they might win it, he seemed pretty knowledgeable :)
  • MuinimulaMuinimula Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have won the jackpot on the Beyonce question - strangely, 'Work It Out' was the first song I thought of. Maybe I'm tuned into thinking of the more obscure answers.
  • CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    at last a couple won the jackpot today! i had a feeling they might win it, he seemed pretty knowledgeable :)

Well deserved, especially actually getting two pointless answers at the end.

I'd love to see this show being recorded, they all seem to be really enjoying themselves.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Carman wrote: »
    Well deserved, especially actually getting two pointless answers at the end.

I'd love to see this show being recorded, they all seem to be really enjoying themselves.

I saw recordings of two of the shows from the first series.

It was good fun and Richard was quite pleased to chat with anyone afterwards.

It was also quite funny when Alexander accidentally gave away one of the answers!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast members from the very first Eastenders.

I'd go for Tony Carpenter.

Arthur Fowler has just scored 30.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reg Cox scores......1!
    Pete Beal 19.
    Simon Wicks is unsurprisingly WRONG!
    Lou Beale - 8
    Michelle Fowler - 18
    Pauline Fowler - 34
    Ian Beale - 16

Naima, Saeed amd Su were the pointless answers.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, we don't all watch dross like that.
This discussion has been closed.