CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
Forum Member
✭✭
Come join the braindead and rejoice!

Stand up and be proud.

Comments

• kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Lol I will join you! I love football and a lot of things on ITV. I am a symbol of everything wrong with society. Except I'm not ..... But never mind, we won't let that get in the way of other sneering contempt and narrow mindedness.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love football on telly. Thankfully from next season, ITV will be showing less of it!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alas, I cannot stay and debate the chavtasticness of our TV watching.

I'm off carp fishing....suffice to say I'll be back in time for football tonight, on ITV.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    As opposed to going to the match itself?
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I do it but not willingly.

Thank christ the BBC show the world cup final and Sky Sports show the CL final so I have a choice for those 2 at least.

The problem with ITV is that they think the football audience is the same audience of XF or something or they think the audience is a load of mugs who read the s*n rag. So they are disgustingly biased on the English sides and the OTT cliches are never ending. There is no actual analysis just Clive cracking some joke he thinks will make the mouth breathers eating their TV dinner laugh and Andy "Go on Son" Townsend saying some idiotic nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Come join the braindead and rejoice!

Stand up and be proud.

What's this about? Has Katie Hopkins said something?

I miss Brian Moore, and Brian Clough. Brian Moore eventually went a bit vague, sadly... calling Zidane 'the man from Mexico' in the 1998 World Cup final etc. And greeting every goal with 'it's in there' until Ron Atkinson told him who'd scored it. :(

But in the 80s and early 90s, Moore was right on it, full of knowledge and authoritative, without being nerdy like Motson.

And he would never have come out with anything as excruciating as 'pancakes with Prosinecki' and 'corn flakes with Crespo' like that painful series of breakfast-related attempted catchphrases Motson inflicted on us at the 2002 World Cup. >:(
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish football was on itv every day

Ban soaps to fund more football!
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I watch it in HD!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sometimes I do. It's one of the few things I watch on ITV.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think football is the only thing that I watch on ITV.
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »

Granada Reports. I'd miss Lucy if she wasn't there. She's like a favourite auntie I've grown up with. :)
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch it on ITV because i have no choice. I guarantee that the World Cup final will be watched on BBC One by the majority of the country. Hardly anyone likes ITV football, they are really bad.
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I only watch it on ITV because i have no choice. I guarantee that the World Cup final will be watched on BBC One by the majority of the country. Hardly anyone likes ITV football, they are really bad.

Funnily enough not me... I pick the lesser of two evils if it's Motson v Tyldesley, or even Pearce v Tyldesley... Clive every time.

But the second rank BBC guys - Mowbray, Steve thingee... they're okay. They're preferable to most of what ITV have.

I do have a soft spot for Clive Tyldesley cause I grew up listening to his Everton comms on Radio City, even though I know he's a Man U fan. All those endless FA Cup replays on school nights. So I can't find it in me to slag him off, really.

Townsend's crap though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch football on ITV if other channels aren't showing the match I want to watch.
  • openarmsopenarms Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Same here.

Unlike others I have some affection for Andy Townsend. For an Englishman he says "wee" a lot.

I like that.

I am easily pleased.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    openarms wrote: »
    Same here.

Unlike others I have some affection for Andy Townsend. For an Englishman he says "wee" a lot.

I like that.

I am easily pleased.

That's cause he's actually a plastic paddy who played international football for Ireland but didn't really want to, but has to keep up the pretense of at least giving recognition to Ireland by saying "wee".
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    I only watch the match itself. I switch on at kick off, switch over at half-time, switch back on for the start of the second half, and switch over as soon as the final whistle blows

I cannot listen to Adrian Chiles. Why ITV decided to let him present their football coverage is beyond me.
  • openarmsopenarms Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot listen to Adrian Chiles. Why ITV decided to let him present their football coverage is beyond me.

Chiles is cuddly furbee to Keane's Robocop. Surely he deserves a suitcase of dough for not withering under Roy's glare?

In the main I tape live football on the humax to cut out the ads and the half time chat if nothing of consequence has happened in the first half.