Question Time - 22/05/2014

Comments

• gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd, im glad i dont have to listen to jack anymore. Had enough of him.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    There's one really rough area - South Oxhey - used to have a (real) BNP councillor.

The school they are talking about can't find a site (hardly the council's fault). There are 2 other schools operating in the area and the demand simply doesn't exist. There is an existing free school in the area concerned which has 44 pupils and operates within an office block (The Reach Free School).

The big issue here is the fact that certain schools are more popular than others and that there is a physical limit to how many pupils a school can take.

Expecting Hamilton to launch into an anti-immigration rant about school places.
    Of course you know that if they were under LEA control or help... the LEA could do stuff like.. mm... compulsorily purchase land? Do some ****ing PLANNING?
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Nosedive wrote: »
    It's near St Albans. Also near BBC Elstree studios which is handy for the live election night coverage.

Dimblebum's off down the road to the eastenders studios now.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Given that the south east is virtually full, where do you suggest they build next. And how does the great poulace than move around.

Roll on the favelas of tower hamlets.

"If it wasnt for the houses in between " was written in 1899, dont you know. I cant post a link, cause i am on a tablet

South East is 'virtually full' - could you quantify this for me. Just parroting something you've read on the UKIP/BNP website doesn't make it right.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    When you listen to the likes of Grayling, Hunt and Browne waffling on with utter drivel, it becomes very clear why people have become so disillusioned they're turning in droves to UKIP.

Spot on, there is no choice between the main parties anymore the only option is to vote for one of the smaller parties such as UKIP who actually say what they think about issues such as immigration.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Barton, gah.

Unbelievable. That will finally destroy any tiny remnants of credibility the programme had left.
  • CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    Is there any area that UKIP can't relate to immigration ?

What services do you think are unaffected by the numbers of people using/dependent on them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I just think UKIP are fruitcakes, loonies and racists. And I'm not alone.

Consensus is that today, maybe fewer people think that about ukip than any other party?

You have already dimissed nearly a quarter of the sunderland voters as loonies. Very charitable
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the south east is virtually full, where do you suggest they build next. And how does the great poulace than move around.

Roll on the favelas of tower hamlets.

"If it wasnt for the houses in between " was written in 1899, dont you know. I cant post a link, cause i am on a tablet

Send the woman who was bitching about school places to live in Tower Hamlets for a few school terms and see how she feels then.
    Immigrant lectures host nation on how we should welcome him.

The gall of it.

You know what farage was wrong I would rather live next to 10 Romanian crooks than 1 German council worker who has a problem with his caps lock.

I would agree with you and I think I would extend that to wanting to live next door to 10 Romanian crooks rather than Jack Monroe.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you realise your constant use of "BNPinBlazers" makes you come across as a bit of a loonie yourself? :p

You can put your fingers in your ears every time someone mentions immigration if you want, but as I replied to you earlier, issues like housing are subject to supply and demand, immigration has raised the demand in some areas of the country.
  • MoxeyMoxey Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just came in towards the end of QT. Grayling and Hamilton and Allsop......what can be done about the lefty, anti-Tory BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So the people that voted UKIP today are that too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    South East is 'virtually full' - could you quantify this for me. Just parroting something you've read on the UKIP/BNP website doesn't make it right.

Well, lets see. The Largest city in the uk, 8 times bigger than any other. Difficult transport logistics for moving the population around.

Ideally, You wouldn't be looking to expand the population in that area now, would you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've moved over to fatty nolan now. No andrew neil tonight
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Barton & Piers Morgan on the panel next week:confused:
    Forum Member
    Consensus is that today, maybe fewer people think that about ukip than any other party?

You have already dimissed nearly a quarter of the sunderland voters as loonies. Very charitable

I'm prepared to believe 25% are racists or have racist sympathies.
    Forum Member
    So the people that voted UKIP today are that too?

One or the other, in all probability.
  • RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse, him or Piers Morgan.

I'd say Piers!
    Forum Member
    Moxey wrote: »
    Just came in towards the end of QT. Grayling and Hamilton and Allsop......what can be done about the lefty, anti-Tory BBC.

Yawn....cont'd p94, Sky News/Daily Telegraph/Daily Mail
    Forum Member
    Well, lets see. The Largest city in the uk, 8 times bigger than any other. Difficult transport logistics for moving the population around.

Ideally, You wouldn't be looking to expand the population in that area now, would you?

Yeeees, many world capitals (gasp) are larger than other cities. 'Difficult transport logistics' and yet the buses, trains and the tubes still run. You expand where there is space and where there is demand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One or the other, in all probability.

So if UKIP do well in the Euros, that's all on the back of votes from loonies, fruit cakes and closet racists?
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Spot on, there is no choice between the main parties anymore the only option is to vote for one of the smaller parties such as UKIP who actually say what they think about issues such as immigration.

That is exactly what has been so attractive and refreshing to voters about UKIP. The other main parties are scared rigid about saying anything that really matters about uncontrolled immigration. This s a very serious issue that is having a negative impact on many people's lives.

However shocking it may have sounded to some, the Romanian point made by Nigel Farage has a lot of truth in it and many people know it. Politicians like Cameron, Clegg and Milliband would never have had the guts to make such a comment. Straight talking is called for but the other parties just don't do straight talking and never will. They continue to practice waffle, evasion and political correctness and it is quite apparent that people are just about fed up with it.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if UKIP do well in the Euros, that's all on the back of votes from loonies, fruit cakes and closet racists?

Riceuten is hardly well known for his love of the British.:D

So many posts over the years insulting them, I think these latest insults are nothing special.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeees, many world capitals (gasp) are larger than other cities. 'Difficult transport logistics' and yet the buses, trains and the tubes still run. You expand where there is space and where there is demand.

Yes, in most (but not all) countries the capital is the largest city - but the UK is very unusual in having the capital so much (8x) bigger than the next largest. In France, German, Italy, Spain and other developed countries there is much more parity between the capital and other major cities.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Well two people to hit the nail on the head tonight were the two speakers from the audience.

The guy who's grandparents(?) moved here from Jamaica in the 50's and the guy who explained why he was voting UKIP.